The online racing simulator
Screen blacks out during race
(7 posts, started )
#1 - Makki
Hi All,
I hope you can help. During racing my screen goes black and I have to hit return button to get back to screen. At this time the car is rolling but not revving. This has not always happened but once I was told to update graphics card which did need doing. It seemed ok but now it is doing it again. My driver seems ok as it shows no update needed. I have a geforce 7600 and am running vista from my laptop. Thanks
not enough power? just a guess. I once had this with a flightsim some years ago. Whenever the graphic-card really had to work, it couldn't get enough power and blacked out. A better power supply did the trick.
Check power saving options, try turning off the feature that shuts down screen after some amount of inactivity. It shouldn't happen while you have game running but you never know, try and see if it has any effect.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said.

Apparently, vista does not detect LFS as a running program, hence the moniter goes to sleep.
You might also try the latest Z13 test patch as this issue should have been fixed there...
#6 - Makki
Thanx guys for info
Cheers fellas. I will try power saving advice and also patch if that does not cure.
I think your computer is just falling "asleep" like they do in some time, the time you set it under options or somewhere. I had it also, so you have to move mouse or hit a button ... Just make it longer is my guess.

Right click on the mouse on desktop - properties etc.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG