The online racing simulator
LFS on Mac
(74 posts, started )
LFS on Mac
Hello there

I was wondering is there any possibility for LFS to become available on Mac OS X?

Thanx
#2 - G!NhO
Dawesdust knows best!
#4 - G!NhO
I can't explain it as i cannot look into his head.

BUT i think i figured out the filosofy of the mac users mind.

Listen!

Nothing! They just love to take a piss on Windows users.
you might want to see if it runs in cider... basically, the apple equivalent of cedega. cider is transgaming's non-free ripoff of the free OSS software called wine...

(in my opinion, they stole wine and repackaged it for their own profits... how can one take an OSS application and pass it off as your own... for money? but, in the end, apple fanboys don't care because they're willing to pay $5000 for a piece of crap computer where any smart person would have paid half of that for a better computer - a PC.)
#6 - G!NhO
Ok

A Mac is like a riced up honda which is bought a an unbelievebly high price, BUT yeah the shitty upgrades are very cheap! weeeeheeeeee

Windows on the other hand is like a f*cking awesome car and that costs a little more but just awesomely overpowers the shitty rice honda.
ok, I will try cider...

Anyway, I didnt wanted to make a discussion which of two is better, Win or Mac... but as a 10year user of Win (Win1997-Win7 which Im currently using for gaming), and about a month user of Mac, I must say that Win is one huge piece of cr*p(I have to mention that I couldnt make my CI/QE working on Mac yet and it is still better than Win)!!!!

I asked, if there is a plan to make full LFS version for Mac, and will wait for some answers from LFS Team.
hmm, i got so swept up in my rant i forgot to mention...

chances are there won't be a mac version... lfs depends on directx too much.
Linux > Windows > MacOS X.

And yes, LFS is pure DirectX and uses very lot of API calls.
Ask dawedust, he's the fanboy, er, whoops, i mean, erm,, expert.
I will not post in here as you all are flaming fanboys.

If you are just gonna post negative things, **** off. Be constructive and not criticize what you do not understand.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I will not post in here as you all are flaming fanboys.

If you are just gonna post negative things, **** off. Be constructive and not criticize what you do not understand.

Says the guy that swore at everyone and went on a rage without any concstructive criticism or points in previous Mac v Windows threads....
How? I have put valid points to counter everything that people tried to say about Mac's. I don't haffto resort to personal attacks or simply making dull similes to various unrelated things.
Hating Apple is so fashionable, yeah
#15 - 5haz
Quote from dawesdust_12 :I will not post in here as you all are flaming fanboys.

Thats got to be meant to be ironic?
How can someone critisize something that one didnt tried to do or use?

I was TEN(10) YEARS Win user and now Im ONE(1) MONTH Mac user, and I found Mac much, much more usefull than Win...

If there was LockOn Flaming Cliffs and LFS for Mac, I would say bye bye to Win, and see ya never more!
Quote from =MavericK= :I was TEN(10) YEARS Win user and now Im ONE(1) MONTH Mac user, and I found Mac much, much more usefull than Win...

The Apple OS is probably fine.
What I have huge issues with is their ridiculously overpriced hardware and the restrictions they impose on third party software. It makes them twice as bad as Microsoft.
I run LFS on my imac in XP using bootcamp, and it runs really nicely. 1920x1200 on the 24in screen and with all the details up I get about 150fps.
Quote from farcar :The Apple OS is probably fine.
What I have huge issues with is their ridiculously overpriced hardware and the restrictions they impose on third party software. It makes them twice as bad as Microsoft.

Oh my god. What an old argument? There is one thing you can really hate about macs, its there philosophy of doing things sometimes like banning something out of the appstore for example. But please not this old and mostly wrong argument about overpriced hardware. You can not compare just power figures like cpu speed and ram to say if hardware is overpriced or not. I have to admit that i also belong to the group of new apple users. I was always a big fighter against these "overpriced" hardware. Its not the pure power apple is selling. Its the overall package you buy with one of the new unibody macbooks for example which is worth every penny. I dont know about any other notebook (Not even ibm/lenovo anymore) which is offering this level of detail and manufacturing a current apple notebook is offering.

Ok... now flame me... haha!
#20 - JJ72
another stupid hardware argument......this isn't escapist FFS.
Quote from =MavericK= :Anyway, I didnt wanted to make a discussion which of two is better, Win or Mac... but as a 10year user of Win (Win1997-Win7 which Im currently using for gaming), and about a month user of Mac, I must say that Win is one huge piece of cr*p(I have to mention that I couldnt make my CI/QE working on Mac yet and it is still better than Win)!!!!

It took only one month before you decided to start Internet flame wars

And no, LFS is probably not going to be ported to Mac. Probably the biggest reason being that you would need to maintain two versions and seeing as the development is quite slow already, that doesn't seem a very good option.
Quote from geeman1 :It took only one month before you decided to start Internet flame wars

Its not me who started it....
Quote from Warper :Oh my god. What an old argument?

Old, and still completely valid!
How so? PC's you haffto deal with Windows, and the warranties are all different depending on which piece of hardware dies. PC's are ****ing ugly (even "pretty" cases are ugly, unless they clone a piece of Apple hardware for design). PC's are all loud as heck too.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :How so? PC's you haffto deal with Windows, and the warranties are all different depending on which piece of hardware dies. PC's are ****ing ugly (even "pretty" cases are ugly, unless they clone a piece of Apple hardware for design). PC's are all loud as heck too.

I'm not on either side of the fence when it comes to this MAC/Windows argument, but saying that windows PC's are louder, is a pretty tripe thing to say. With the right set of passive coolers you can run most PC's completely silently, the same goes for a mac - its hardly a thing that's comparable between brands.

Also, help the OP and answer his bloody question won't ya!

LFS on Mac
(74 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG