The online racing simulator
Have you tried rFactor and (my) mods but still snap/spin/die when things go sideways?
Hello!

Me again. Have you got a G25, and have some known simracing skills, and you tried perhaps the corvette C6 or HistorX mod yet you still spin out way too often when the things go sideways?

If you do, and you'd like to do it some more with me watching and talking to you, I'd be chuffed. I'd like to learn a bit more about the reasons, hopefully making things better in future mods.

What you need is:
- G25 (900 degs simracers, preferably not DFP)
- quick enough pc that runs rFactor at high fps
- some simracing skills, no need for world records but you keep things on the road while going fairly quickly

What I offer is:
- the latest physics versions of a few cars, possibly Corvette C6 and one or two of the HistorX cars

What we're going to do is:
- get in touch over MSN
- decide on an evening with a few hours of driving on a server
- you'll drive and complain
- i'll try to fix things and explain, update the physics as we go and watch you drive, look for issuese.

Please reply if you're up for this!

Niels
I still dont think that its nice to discuss stuff here, related to other game what i specially hate. No offense ...

/ignore
Sent you a PM Niels. I'm interested.
Quote from hazaky :I still dont think that its nice to discuss stuff here, related to other game what i specially hate. No offense ...

/ignore

something went wrong there.

Anyways, I gave up on Rfactor, I really didn't understand anything of it. So, therefore I haven't tried Nurburgring + corvette.
Maybe would've done it.
Quote from hazaky :I still dont think that its nice to discuss stuff here, related to other game what i specially hate. No offense ...

/ignore

It's the off topic section. We've had threads here about pretty much every driving game there is. There are a lot of people here who play - or have played - rFactor and as such might be able to provide some useful comments for Niels, thus possibly enabling him to improve rFactor mods.

Sheesh, some people can be really anal about some things on this board

EDIT: on topic, I got rFactor solely for the HistorX mod and I must say it is great. I haven't played LFS since. I don't have the problem that a lot of people seem to have, the cars feel very right to me and are controllable enough to easily catch a slide if you familiarize yourself with the car. No complaints here!
Well, i know that its offtopic but i dont feel that its right to discuss this game on this forum. It should be done in rFactor (if it has one).
Quote from hazaky :Well, i know that its offtopic but i dont feel that its right to discuss this game on this forum. It should be done in rFactor (if it has one).

Niels has been providing great mods for rF for years now, and has done a great service to the sim racing community in general. What have you done?

So you dislike rF... that's great. Don't read or post in threads about it, then.
So the iRacing thread, the GTR, GTR2, GPL, GTL, NFS, GT4, GT5, GT5p and what have you threads is different than the rFactor one how exactly?

There wouldn't be much going on on this forum at all besides other games, bitching about progress and teams folding, so be thankful there's SOMETHING to keep you here...

Back on topic, I'd love another rF session with you, Niels! I have a new setup now that give me true 90degree FOV and a better driving position, so I'm up for a C6 session!
Quote from hazaky :Well, i know that its offtopic but i dont feel that its right to discuss this game on this forum. It should be done in rFactor (if it has one).

You should heed your own advice then and simply ignore this thread.

Niels' mods are very worth being checked out and could surely open the eyes of some close-minded "rFactor = shit" folks we have around here. If you have a problem with this thread then report it and let the mods do their job and decide what to do, but don't spam/derail this thread just because you don't like the subject.
Well, i wasnt telling anything that Niels is a bad modder or anything like that. Just mentioned that its ... well, i already told it. But ok, ill get out of here now. Dont quote me, because i wont be back here Sorry.
mmm Nords is a perfect place for this . In as soon as my internet decides to come back home.
A bit offtopic, but please, Niels, make better interior texture. Current one looks even worse than FXO in LFS S1.
I'd also be up with you guys for some rFactor testing!
But, can you plz bring back the trackday grip tyres in de latest C6 installment
Hey niels, what settings do you use with your 911 turbo wheel? I've never driven Corvette, or any of the cars in rFactor, so I don' know how heavy or light the steering is supposed to be.

I can help with testing now since my replacement wheel just got here today.
PM send

Im intrested in a sessions with niels and some other LFSers should be alot of fun
and good for making the mod even better.
Niels,

Perhaps someone could email you a replay + motec data of their accident, and you diagnose at you leisure whose fault it really was

Then you can post graphs of people's throttle/steering errors etc. and we can have a public humiliation ceremony for bad driving.

Motec:

http://simhq.com/forum/ubbthre ... /2556306/MOTEC_guide.html
I sometimes spin off, but thats maily because you haven't made the ZR1 yet.
I'll help you Niels! Send me a PM and I'll get your MSN address and add you.
Thanks sofar guys!

I'll ask for everyone to install motec and log files, we may drive on a race track or on a skidpad.

Time is the problem currently, lets do 'something' in a week or two. I'll pm / msn those interested.
Ok, i am interested too.
I'm interested too. Got the G25, a fairly powerful rig and the skills to keep a car on the track at high speeds (at least in LFS). What I don't have is any notable knowledge about rFactor though, played the version that came with the G25 for ... well just minutes really. I do need a full version though, right?
Quote from Niels Heusinkveld :

What we're going to do is:
- you'll drive and complain

Niels

To sum up the post, i think that's all they're going to do. I've driven that, and i'd be surprised if you can get that car to drive properly.
Eh.....stiggie are you trying to say his Corvette sucks?

And i don't use 900 degrees but 540, does that matter?
900 or 540, it depends what you use in the car setup. 540 would be some 1,66 times too sensitive if you use a 'realish' 28 .. 30 degrees in the car setup. For most (road) cars, 900 is not even enough, though its close.

I don't expect people will suddenly drive the cars in full control, but perhaps the telemetry will show where it goes wrong. First I want to figure out WHY a certain portion of simracers can't drive rFactor, more notably, my cars in rfactor. Then we can see if there is anything we can do about it.

Its worth a shot anyway!
Well i use 34 degrees steering angle for the Corvette, otherwise it just isn't possible to catch slides for me (with the standard setup 19 degrees that is, i dont know about ~28 i'll have to try).

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG