The online racing simulator
advice on drums
(9 posts, started )
advice on drums
im hopefully getting a drum set for my birthday. so, this is my first drumkit, i like drumming alot so desided to get a drum set. im looking for good cheap drums, so i found 2 options.

Ludwig Accent Nomad LC135
Pearl Target

any drummers here who are familiar with these 2 sets? if so id be pleased if you would tell witch one is better. oh, and im probaply getting the 18# bass version if someone needs to know that
thanks

edit, forgot to the version of that ludwig...uptaded now
also a little more info
Ludwig accent:
10,12,14 toms
18" bass
13" snare

Pearl target:

18"x14" Bass
10"x 8" Tom
12"x 8" Tom
14"x12" floortom(sigh, dunno the correct name on english
13"x 5" woodensnare

also i tough about going to the store to see if theres either one of those up so you could test them, but i wanted some info just incase i cant try those
My best advice for 1st drumkit? Buy a used kit.

Check muusikoiden.net for drummer/beginner discussion and for 2nd hand market.

A used kit gets you out from the bottom of the market and a used quality kit keeps its resale value much better.

Do you need 3 toms? I'd take less toms and a good snare instead. And the low end of cymbals sound like shit compared to a few quality ones that take care of and build your kit from there on.

yeah
Quote from spankmeyer :My best advice for 1st drumkit? Buy a used kit.

Check muusikoiden.net for drummer/beginner discussion and for 2nd hand market.

A used kit gets you out from the bottom of the market and a used quality kit keeps its resale value much better.

Do you need 3 toms? I'd take less toms and a good snare instead. And the low end of cymbals sound like shit compared to a few quality ones that take care of and build your kit from there on.

thanks still, by budged is around 400e(yes,quite low tho) i know that isnt enough for a very good kit, i also want a little cheaper one for the start just incase i happen to lose my will to play drums. also i checked huuto.net, theres some kits sold too, then i came to the word ''paisteen pellit'' on almoust every kit. i think they are better cymbals but do u know are they alot better so are they worth of buying if i get a drumset without?
I've never owned a full drum kit, but I know that Pearl usually make pretty good ones. I remember that the Pearl Export used to be the kit of choice for a lot of amateur drummers, but that was like 15 years ago now.

I'd definitely go with the used option though - you'll get far more for your money. As spank said, cheap cymbals are crap and sound like tin. A cheap snare will sound flappy and hollow.

I'd also suggest that if you think you're likely to lose your desire to play drums then blowing 400 Euros on a kit is a waste of money. Music (even if it is just drums ) is something you're either passionate about or you're not
meh, im not thinking about losing my desire to play. i find playing them alot of fun. now, id say no to the pearl one, it has brass cymbals. not sure about the ludwig one yet tho, it wasnt said on the site
Fusion kits are more for jazz-style playing, I assume Stage will be a more rock-oriented sound a layout. It'll probably depend on the wood that the frames are made from, since that affects the sound. Maple tends to have a very bright sound, while birch is more rounded and fatter.

If I had to choose, I'd go with the fat sound

I know you want to buy online, but you might find it's best to go to a music store and try a couple of different kit types so you know what sort of sound you're getting.
Quote from Dajmin :Fusion kits are more for jazz-style playing, I assume Stage will be a more rock-oriented sound a layout. It'll probably depend on the wood that the frames are made from, since that affects the sound. Maple tends to have a very bright sound, while birch is more rounded and fatter.

If I had to choose, I'd go with the fat sound

I know you want to buy online, but you might find it's best to go to a music store and try a couple of different kit types so you know what sort of sound you're getting.

i wasnt buying online? those are just the webstore, same things can be bought from the store and the store of pianojylä isnt so far away from here. altrough that thomann.de is webstore

advice on drums
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG