The online racing simulator
Round 7 - Post Race Discussion
And congrats to the champion "Ramon"

It really was something. Ramon was in 10th, just behind me and .. when i check the grid .. he was in 1st. Gotta admire
Can't say that Jouman didn't fight for the championship, unlucky sprint race for him.

Both of them are the champions, no doubt about it
Yep well done to everyone. Well done the champion and unlucky Jouman. Thanks to the directors and the broadcast team. Just thank you everyone
Thanks guys

Would like to thank the admins of the league and the46 for a very entertaining season.

It was a great pleasure to race here against such fair drivers!

And a very impressive virtanen, he made me push to the limit while keeping it very fair

Great to have live commentary running in the background and hear the commentators shout over a move you just made
Gongrats are in order. Nice season from Blauwhoff and also everyone involved. I think quite clean overall and fair racing through out the season.

To be honest i dont think me spinning in the sprint race did any difference in the overall result. Didn't see who hit me in the rear, but don't sweat over it. Was really the smallest possible tab and lost control.

See you guys maybe on another season with a different car that time
Quote from de Souza, on SRS' forum :It's over!

Got a weird double round this time, probably because I was driving paying attention to the Brazil vs. Italy game.
Qualified 11th wich was pretty bad, as I was almost a second behind my own pb.
On the first race I kept away from trouble and did a couple of overtakings, finishing 7th.
On the second race I started from second and actually crossed the first lap first! After that I had some contact with Yann and spun, rejoining in last. Still finished 8th, but could be better if it wasn't for some damage I picked on that incident - messed with the car balance.

All in all I got 3 more points, reaching 27. Considering I missed 4 races, it wasn't that bad for a midfielder.

Not sure I enjoyed this as much as you guys seemed to have enjoyed. The more I join quick races like these, the less I like them. But that's just me.

@Ramon: well deserved! Have been sharing the track with you with some regularity since the early Gentlefoot seasons, and it's always been a pleasure.

@Janne: not sure how you do those things, but that's no ordinary RB4! Awesome driving as well.

@rest: thanks for the season, it was pretty clean! Too bad too many people left mid-season but I guess that's inevitable. Was good to take part, even though it gets quite annoying when you have to read "fail" in every two phrases...

@admins: an ok work in general (it got much better through the season), but next time think your calendar throught to avoid having to change dates. Track selection was not ideal as well, and some rules just didn't made sense in the end (like why force me to edit my skin when in the last rounds it wasn't mandatory?). I'm sure next time it'll be very good though.
What a good race guys, really impressive to see Ramon pace to catch 1st position in the main race, climbed like a rocket through the grid

After watching the mpr, I can see Janne spinning after a little contact with me in T1, really sorry for that, I guess lag made it's trick as it was just a little touch between the cars

My race was good, but not as much as I thought I could be, had great battles with many XRTs, Jack M., V.Arem, and Jack W. Sorry Jack-Susan B. , I misscalculated the distance for T1 and well, shit happens. Sorry for that.

Ramon, you did a great job, as always with this special lfs class, in TBOs it's all about pace and tyre temps control, both techniques you ruled out every single race I've seen you in, you deserve it

Cya guys in next races
Well, I came in this round very stressed out(had an awful quali session for the 500 and I had an important exam today moring so I was very worried about that), but I managed to do a really nice 3rd time on quali without really thinking of what I was doing.

I kinda woke up during race 1. The start was chaotic and unfortunately I span Janne on T1, and I felt bad all race long because of that, even if it seems that it was just a racing incident afterwards, as said Koa, that was a tough start, the RB4 contacted the LFSLA FXO and then slided in front of me, I couldn't avoid him so I touched the back of his car, and that caused him to spin(see attachements). I suffered a lot during this sprint race because I hadn't enough pressure in my tyres, so I couldn't regain the places I lost at the start, and I finished 8th.

The feature race was clearly better for me, started on pole, dived on the back logically at the start because of the poor traction of my FXO, because of that I was 4th at T1. I tried to maintain my position as long as possible, but I got passed by Blauwoff, Virtanen, Sedgwick and Navarette but Jack went off aa while after he passed me and Koa took out Suzan, and I managed to resist nicely from their return at the end of the race, to claim 5th place.

BTW, the results of the event can be found here.

The narration of my season will come on the post season thread. But I can already said that it was really enjoyable, and that I improved nicely my skills on these cars.
Attached images
lfs_00000104.jpg
lfs_00000105.jpg
lfs_00000106.jpg
lfs_00000107.jpg
Was a good series for the 1 round i did, hopefully i might have some desire and free time to drive next season, ill definately put my name down. Grats to Ramon, never raced him but everyone said he was the dog bollox so and fellow spdo
All good things must come to an end. It was fun and I even had a few battles. During the season not the last race. Should have practised more for each race but work and other hobbies took their toll on my time. And I think my wheel is due for a complete teardown and rebuild. Or maybe I should get a new one. Well on to the race:

Quali: Way behind everyone in pace. Still got a new PB.

Sprint: Way behind everyone in pace. Got a new PB.

Feature: Way behind everyone in pace. Not as much as in the sprint, though. Shaved some time off my PB. Two cars can't fit through the downhill chicane side-by-side. Sorry about that, couldn't hold my too tight line. And then the tyres made it even worse.

All in all if there had been 20 races instead of 2 I might have been chasing the bumpers of the backmarkers.

Congratulations to Blauwhoff for winning the whole shebang. I was hoping it would go to Virtanen but...

Thanks to the organisers, drivers and broadcast people for making it possible.

Round 7 - Post Race Discussion
(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG