The online racing simulator
I can't use quick reply!
(16 posts, started )
I can't use quick reply!
Is it just me? I click the buttons and it does not work. This started about a week ago every other website works fine. I am using chrome.
Works for me, although I think it's quite stupid that you have to quick-reply to a specific post instead of the topic.
Quote from morpha :although i think it's quite stupid that you have to quick-reply to a specific post instead of the topic.

+1
Works for me..
Works for me, too.
#6 - WSR
Has your Chrome been updated recently?
Probably auto updates. Thing is it works fine on every other website. I can't even use the smilies
-
(boothy) DELETED by boothy
I'm using chrome, btw. Still works.
Quote from morpha :Works for me, although I think it's quite stupid that you have to quick-reply to a specific post instead of the topic.

+1

But it's probably like that to reduce spamming. Can you imagine what this forum would be like if that little text box was enabled by default without having to click the quick reply button? It would be too easy to post, and people would go nuts with it.
i quick posted OP's post!
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :+1

But it's probably like that to reduce spamming. Can you imagine what this forum would be like if that little text box was enabled by default without having to click the quick reply button? It would be too easy to post, and people would go nuts with it.

True, that's the main reason the phpBB developers decided not to include quick reply with Olympus, yet with 3.0.6...
Quote :Quick Reply

Yes… Q U I C K R E P L Y. This little thing most want to have and team members do not want to have. Actually i think this has gone a bit too far. In the end users did not ask: “What does the development team think about this”. No, they assumed we are automatically against the idea. Of course we think enabling quick reply does not support serious discussions, but not all want serious discussions. Some may very well want to specifically attract those “thanks!”, “lol” and “yes, i agree” posts.

Well, we will add quick reply as an option. This will be a forum-specific setting and connected to the “can reply to posts” permission. It will only be shown in topics and not used for new topics. The quick reply option will be turned off by default for new forums. Option-wise the quick reply implementation will be a bare-bone text area with no buttons, no options, no smilies. For this the posting page is there - a quick reply feature should be used by people who know how to use BBCode and how to properly format their posts.

IMHO quick reply should be enabled for "chat" boards, as a shoutbox perhaps.
It started working again today for no apparent reason.
It has never worked for me.
You first have to push that little button that tells "quick reply this post", then in bottom of screen you will be able to write that quick reply
If not I blame old web browser or something.
Now i managed to do it.
-
(AtomAnt) DELETED by AtomAnt
-
(AtomAnt) DELETED by Victor : as useless as the one you deleted your self already
no matter what browser i have, it happens every once in a while...infact about half the time it is on either one...i think it is a bug that every idk, 1000 profiles created in the forum is bugged, right now firefox isn't working with it, but i.e. is. i would un-install i.e. but firefox doesnt load some pages, due to a trojan that is gay with vista

I can't use quick reply!
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG