The online racing simulator
iPhone OS3.0 is out
(78 posts, started )
Quote from lukelfs :My ipods running 3.0, I was jailbroke but i dont really care about not having it, i can wait a few days for it to be released, I really like the new Youtube updates, and bluetooth is brilliant, Works perfect with a headset thingy i have, most of the controls on it work, Some other good features, but i wouldnt pay the money for it..

didnt pay either
#27 - Migz
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :didnt pay either

Jesus christ you just like to boast about pirating everything dont you?
-
(tristancliffe) DELETED by tristancliffe
Quote from Migz :Jesus christ you just like to boast about pirating everything dont you?

only thing ive pirated is itouch stuff...
#29 - Migz
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :only thing ive pirated is itouch stuff...

Well then i'll correct myself
"Jesus christ you just like to boast about pirating everything to do with the ipod touch dont you"
Quote from Migz :Well then i'll correct myself
"Jesus christ you just like to boast about pirating everything to do with the ipod touch dont you"

Yes.
#31 - Migz
#33 - Migz
I've just updated and i think it just un jailbroke my ipod :|

Edit: Yup definitly unjailbroke it, sbsettings is gone, five icon dokc is gone, my skin is gone. Damnit

Double Edit: I've just gone through all my games on my itouch and they all work perfectly except:
Diner Dash: Width of the app isnt the same as the screen.
and
TNA: only the bottom left corner of the app is acctually in the screen.

Also anything downloaded through installous doesnt work, quits back to home menu when you try to launch.

To be honest im not that happy with the new update, doesnt really make it all that much better but thats only because i had a jailbroken itouch. If it was a standard itouch id be amazed with this update
But due to me being used to a jailbroke itouch im used to the majority of these new features already as i used to have them anyway.
Quote from Migz :I've just updated and i think it just un jailbroke my ipod :|

Edit: Yup definitly unjailbroke it, sbsettings is gone, five icon dokc is gone, my skin is gone. Damnit

Double Edit: I've just gone through all my games on my itouch and they all work perfectly except:
Diner Dash: Width of the app isnt the same as the screen.
and
TNA: only the bottom left corner of the app is acctually in the screen.

Also anything downloaded through installous doesnt work, quits back to home menu when you try to launch.

To be honest im not that happy with the new update, doesnt really make it all that much better but thats only because i had a jailbroken itouch. If it was a standard itouch id be amazed with this update
But due to me being used to a jailbroke itouch im used to the majority of these new features already as i used to have them anyway.

hehe talking about me being jailbroken lol but yea official jailbreak should be out in like 1-2 weeks i hope since they had beta jailbreaks with icy but how knows
#35 - Migz
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :hehe talking about me being jailbroken lol but yea official jailbreak should be out in like 1-2 weeks i hope since they had beta jailbreaks with icy but how knows

Haha :P.
Yeah i went on the ipodtouchfans website and i dont think it'll be long before theres a jailbreak out, there already is one but it's not official.

I have just found something in the update that has made me jizz in my pants!
I read that you can do bluetooth stereo now, but i was like oh big whoop who cares. Then i realised if i find my bluetooth headset/mic, i can pair it up to my ipod touch, and then i can listen to music without wires!
Also means i can leave my ipod touch in my room and walk around my house still listning to music!
That is one feature that has made me unbelivably excited! I just need to find the bloody headset haha.
Quote from Migz :Haha :P.
Yeah i went on the ipodtouchfans website and i dont think it'll be long before theres a jailbreak out, there already is one but it's not official.

I have just found something in the update that has made me jizz in my pants!
I read that you can do bluetooth stereo now, but i was like oh big whoop who cares. Then i realised if i find my bluetooth headset/mic, i can pair it up to my ipod touch, and then i can listen to music without wires!
Also means i can leave my ipod touch in my room and walk around my house still listning to music!
That is one feature that has made me unbelivably excited! I just need to find the bloody headset haha.

LOL and you can use the bluetooth to play multiplayer games i think but ive been reading everywere and i think they have a ultrasn0w GUI for iphone 3g but not for ipod i cant wait till it comes out and what cool things they make lol
#37 - Migz
Quote from PLAYAPIMP :LOL and you can use the bluetooth to play multiplayer games i think but ive been reading everywere and i think they have a ultrasn0w GUI for iphone 3g but not for ipod i cant wait till it comes out and what cool things they make lol

Yeah, new update lets us play adhoc games with friends who are close by.
Yeah that sucks a bit
But to be honest i dont mind not being jailbroken for a week or two.
#38 - DeKo
Been playing with it all day, copy/paste and text forwarding are so incredibly useful, i didnt mind when they werent there, but now they are its class. Also, spotlight search is a brilliant idea.

cant wait for proper turn by turn apps, heard it through the grapevine that tomtom are going to offer a windscreen mounted iphone dock, and a proper sat-nav app. As long as its relatively inexpensive it will be great.

Also, push email now works as it should. Ive no idea how it works or why, but my phone now alerts me if i get an email without having to go into email app. Either im being a tit and it was always there and i had it turned off or whatever, i still like.
Quote from Migz :Yeah, new update lets us play adhoc games with friends who are close by.
Yeah that sucks a bit
But to be honest i dont mind not being jailbroken for a week or two.

same with me i still got my 800+ songs and TTR2.6 so im good for now and i have all my games synced on itunes i just need to get the mipatchfirmware thing from cydia and ill be all set...

btw what theme did you use
#40 - Migz
Quote from DeKo :Been playing with it all day, copy/paste and text forwarding are so incredibly useful, i didnt mind when they werent there, but now they are its class. Also, spotlight search is a brilliant idea.

cant wait for proper turn by turn apps, heard it through the grapevine that tomtom are going to offer a windscreen mounted iphone dock, and a proper sat-nav app. As long as its relatively inexpensive it will be great.

Also, push email now works as it should. Ive no idea how it works or why, but my phone now alerts me if i get an email without having to go into email app. Either im being a tit and it was always there and i had it turned off or whatever, i still like.

The copy/paste is a bit fidly to get used to at first i find.
And i always thought that the iphone always had a tom tom sort of application, thats how i managed to get my dad to buy one, i told him that it had gps so you could use it as a tom tom.

Quote from PLAYAPIMP :same with me i still got my 800+ songs and TTR2.6 so im good for now and i have all my games synced on itunes i just need to get the mipatchfirmware thing from cydia and ill be all set...

btw what theme did you use

Haha only 800 songs? :P 2016 on my ipod touch and then 10394 on my computer if i wanted more.
Also got 23 videos
59 apps
and STILL 12.8gb left over haha.
Isnt the mipatchfirmware thing for Installous?
And the theme i used was

With a few modifications to it.

It's called iElegance, its in cydia
I like the themes which are nice and simple and dont make everything look CRAZY
Just got my iPhone 3G S, I only got the 16gb model (I would need well over 50gb to have my whole music collection on anyway...) as it was a free upgrade.

Backed up my old iPhone, swapped the sim over (which meant wittling a pin out of a cotton bud because I literally have no pins small enough to open the sim thingy in the house!), just did the restore and...

nothing trasnfered.
#42 - Migz
Quote from Becky Rose :Just got my iPhone 3G S, I only got the 16gb model (I would need well over 50gb to have my whole music collection on anyway...) as it was a free upgrade.

Backed up my old iPhone, swapped the sim over (which meant wittling a pin out of a cotton bud because I literally have no pins small enough to open the sim thingy in the house!), just did the restore and...

nothing trasnfered.

What do you mean nothing transfered? Your contacts on your sim? Or your backup in itunes?
Yah the backup, I dont have my apps or music - and my music PC is dead so i'm having to make a new collection out of the megre collection on my laptop (which is still around 800 albums, but that's not the point - I now dont have ANY Lovecrave and only 1 Genitorturers album - do you have any idea how tragic this is? I COULD REALLY DIE)

*cries*
#44 - Migz
Quote from Becky Rose :Yah the backup, I dont have my apps or music - and my music PC is dead so i'm having to make a new collection out of the megre collection on my laptop (which is still around 800 albums, but that's not the point - I now dont have ANY Lovecrave and only 1 Genitorturers album - do you have any idea how tragic this is? I COULD REALLY DIE)

*cries*

The backup doesnt backup your music or apps
It just backups things such as contacts, game info, calander things, layout of your home menu.
Things like photos, videos, music and apps arent backed up.
Whoopsie
#45 - DeKo
Quote from Migz :The copy/paste is a bit fidly to get used to at first i find.
And i always thought that the iphone always had a tom tom sort of application, thats how i managed to get my dad to buy one, i told him that it had gps so you could use it as a tom tom.

It has always has had a form of satnav, i use it all the time, but its not a proper turn by turn, its just a 2d top down view and it doesnt give you proper instructions, you have to be looking at it all the time.
Which is dangerous if you're driving, and trying to watch a screen, and zoom in and out... It's got a GPS map, but it doesn't have SatNav.

TomTom is a must buy. I gather there are other SatNav programs coming out for it, but they'll all be rubbish in comparison... Garmin? Ha!
#47 - Migz
Quote from DeKo :It has always has had a form of satnav, i use it all the time, but its not a proper turn by turn, its just a 2d top down view and it doesnt give you proper instructions, you have to be looking at it all the time.

Yeah i knew that, thats just the google maps thing, but i meant like a proper tom tom, turn by turn directions, that sexy ladie voice ect ect.

I've just found my bluetooth headset and im trying to connect it to my ipod touch, but my ipod just doesnt seem to find it, its searching bluetooth and just wont find it.
Stupid update

Edit: What i meant to say in the post you quotes was that before my dad got the iphone i always thought it had proper turn by turn gps, but when he got it i realised it didnt, it only had the google maps type.

Double edit: I think my dads reaction pretty much sums this update up "I dont see anything knew". Sure theres spotlight and voice memo, but thats pretty much all there is, theres nothing else that we can really use right now.
I have to say as somebody who had the original iPhone and just upgraded to the 3G S, it's pretty damn good by first impressions. I did look a right twat earlier though when I told my iPhones voice activation system to "stop" the music. The cashier who was serving me froze and did not know what to do. I just smiled.
Meh, 2 days of battery life...

Nokia 1112 for calls & messages (~2 weeks of battery life) + MSI Wind U100 (12 hours of battery life with 9-cell battery) is much better (and cheaper (at least here)) combo than iPhone.
#50 - Migz
Quote from Shadowww :Meh, 2 days of battery life...

Nokia 1112 for calls & messages (~2 weeks of battery life) + MSI Wind U100 (12 hours of battery life with 9-cell battery) is much better (and cheaper (at least here)) combo than iPhone.

Yes but people dont get an iphone just to text and call....
They get it for "quality" and although the iphone isnt amazing amazing quality, that nokia is just shite quality, and the iphone kicks its ass.
I hate people who compare to completely different things, that nokia isnt of amazing quality, isnt nice to look at, probably not nice to touch, youd look like such a fag in public, and doesnt have many feautres besides ringing and texting.
Iphone is good quality, sexy to look at, pretty nice to hold, you look fashionable and public, and has a hell of alot of features!
Yeah sure if you just want to text and call without giving two shniz's about the phone quality and features then go for the crappy Nokia, but if you give a damn then then you would get something better... like the iphone.

As an example your bassicly comparing feet to a car. Your feet still do the job and for much cheaper, but people get a car because its miles better.

iPhone OS3.0 is out
(78 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG