The online racing simulator
More people on Ventrilo server
(12 posts, started )
How to make more that 8 peples could join my vt server?
The obvious answer is that you have to buy the software to have more slots.

That is, presuming that neither oldnavy nor TAA actually read the manual. Have you bought the software and have a license code?
#4 - Bean0
From a quick read of the Ventrilo terms etc, it seems that they will not sell you a license.
They will only sell for 1000 slots or above, and not to people only wanting only 1 or 2 servers.

They recommend you buy from one of their re-sellers in your area.

Quote :Server 3.0 - Public version:

The public version of the Ventrilo 3.0 server can be used without a license fee, so long as you abide by the terms of the LICENSE. Each of the public servers contains a file named LICENSE and by downloading and running the server you are agreeing to the terms of this license.

Server 3.0 - Pro version:

The Pro version of the Ventrilo server can not be downloaded. It requires that we accept your application and that you sign and return the Ventrilo license. However, we do not license everyone.

In order for an applicant to be considered you must meet the following minimum requirements.

1) You must have a legitimate business license in your state, country or jurisdiction. Please be prepared to provide proof when requested.

2) You agree to a 1000 slot minimum. Slot counts greater then 1000 are billed at the per slot rate for the total number of slots hosted. Slot counts below 1000 are billed at the per slot rate with the required minimum of 1000 slots.

3) Licensee's slot counts are expected to grow on a regular basis.

We do not license individuals or businesses who wish only to run one or two standalone servers. In these cases you will need to rent a server from one of our official licensees on the hosting page.

Quote from hyntty :That is, presuming that neither oldnavy nor TAA actually read the manual.

Apparently I was being too subtle. The reason I'd posted the link to their forums is because that's where the most logical place is to find the answer.

Think of it as a "let me ****ing google for that you" link, but slightly more polite.

I do forget that being subtle doesn't work around here though.
Thanks for answering
There is a really good free open source alternative too, which I dearly love: Mumble
A second alternative would be to use older versions of the software that do not come with such silly restrictions. What you want is Ventrilo Server v2.1.2 and Ventrilo Client v2.1.4.
Quote from felplacerad :A second alternative would be to use older versions of the software that do not come with such silly restrictions. What you want is Ventrilo Server v2.1.2 and Ventrilo Client v2.1.4.

... watch it, you are encouraging him to commit a fraud.
So if I'd be an demo user and not delete the old demo version of LFS when the new one came, I would be committing fraud?
Quote from Krane :So if I'd be an demo user and not delete the old demo version of LFS when the new one came, I would be committing fraud?

Different products have different terms.

Quote :Previous versions:

Anyone who provides access to a Ventrilo server that is not version 3.0 is committing fraud.

Since all official licensee's are required to run the latest 3.0 Pro servers then any hosting company providing you access to an older version of the server is subject to legal action and punitive damages. This will include, but not limited to, contacting all state / federal law enforcement agencies and requesting their assistance in a fraud investigation. If they are outside of the United States then their respective countries / jurisdiction law enforcement agencies will be contacted.

We would appreciate any information regarding hosting companies or individuals who are providing older servers. Please contact us at fraud@ventrilo.com. All correspondence will be kept confidential. Please include the URL of the offenders web site or the IRC network and channel. Please include any information possible such as the IP address and PORT number of a currently active Ventrilo server.

http://www.ventrilo.com/purchase.php

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG