The online racing simulator
2009 Kyoto 500 : Practice Session 16
PRE RACE

The sixteenth practice session for the 2009 Kyoto 500 will be held on Thursday, June 18th at 19:00 UTC. It will have a qualifying session and a race. Server will be passworded, using the same password that other sessions have used. If you do not have it, send me a PM requesting it.

Qualifying will be two hotlaps, fastest is your qual time. I'll be using the AutoQualifer application by Kevin Burns to administer the calling of cars. Please listen to and follow all directions of that app while in the session. Please be patient if you don't see your name on the $qlist - I will check the list and see who may have been left out, and manually add. At the end of the queued cars, I will ask if anyone has been left out, and the only chat I expect to see at that point is from someone who has NOT been called out.

The race will be 60 laps, first two under pace car conditions. The rolling start will be three-wide. The grid will be as such (numbers indicate starting position):

1 2 3
P 4 5 6
I 7 8 9
T 10 11 12
13 14 15
L 16 17 18
A 19 20 21
N 22 23 24
E 25 26 27
28 29 30

There is ONE mandatory pitstop for this session, which must be taken under GREEN FLAG. No requirements on service, just as long as LFS has said you made a stop.

On the initial start, the field shall maintain pace car speed until the green flag is displayed. No anticipating and jumping.

Post here if you plan to attend - if more show up than we have slots for (30), participation will be prioritized to those who post here.

POST RACE

Qualifying Replay

Qualifying Results

Race Replay

Race Results
#2 - Ori
I'll be likely to attend to this.
-
(Pablo Donoso) DELETED by Pablo Donoso
What timezone is UTC? I'm in the PST zone, (pst -8 hours)
#8 - CSF
Boothy's on smack.
Your mum was cack.
#10 - CSF
Yours only likes crack.
You're a useless hack.
I'll try to be there!
Quote from Pablo Donoso :What timezone is UTC? I'm in the PST zone, (pst -8 hours)

if your timezone is PST and considering PST is -8 hours, you have to make a huge calculation...

UTC = 0h
PST = 0h - 8h

Being thus, if the race will be held at 19h UTC [7 PM], and you are EIGHT HOURS BEHIND UTC, it will be at 11h for you [11 AM]...

For more info, visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_zone

For example, right now it's almost 16h [4 PM] UTC and as my timezone is UTC-3, it's almost 13h [1 PM] for me here in Brazil [it's time to eat for me ].

Got it?

*EDIT*

UTC means UNIVERSAL TIME, CORDINATED
GMT means GREENWICH MEAN TIME

Both are the same...
#16 - CSF
Wow. The vast majority that drove tonight should feel very ashamed of themselves. 16 sessions and we still have baby errors that have been spoken about time and time again. Brain engage, use brain. Simple.
Session dissapointed me. Sorry for my luck. Time tonight ? Spend reviewing.

Thank you to those who tried to race cleanly, you are sure to get credit. For those who didn't, expect no credit, perhaps also your entry denied if egregious enough.

d
I'd like to apoligise for ruining a person's race, and bringing out SC. But, the guy in the jordan car was a bit too swervy for my liking and that triggered me trying to avoid Yann, and ending up hitting some unlucky passer. Maybe I shouldnt have driven with my wheel on my lap, but I needed the session, so sorry to all.

J.Bolger

Car #111
Sory for the mess in lap 13 , I appologize to car 33. Y. Lapravote.
I kiss the wall tvice first before start finish line and second time after t2, and after that kising the wall I lost my speed and Lapravote has not a chance to avoide me.
Quote from buck77 :Being thus, if the race will be held at 19h UTC [7 PM], and you are EIGHT HOURS BEHIND UTC, it will be at 11h for you [11 AM]...

Thanks I didn't know, that's why I asked, right on, much appreciated.
duuuude lol Im sad I missed it lok anyone get any good replays or any good moments / passes? I know racing the oval can be uneventful for most of the race, but when there's wheel to wheel racing, that's when its exciting

When is the next one scheduled for? now that I know the time differnce, I know what time to make available for it
Quote from Pablo Donoso :duuuude lol Im sad I missed it lok anyone get any good replays or any good moments / passes? I know racing the oval can be uneventful for most of the race, but when there's wheel to wheel racing, that's when its exciting

When is the next one scheduled for? now that I know the time differnce, I know what time to make available for it

We're done with these for this year, so they'll have to be waited for until 2010. Sorry about it. But look out, we might do some fun stuff later.

d

2009 Kyoto 500 : Practice Session 16
(24 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG