The online racing simulator
2009 Kyoto 500 : Practice Session 12
PRE RACE

The twelfth practice session for the 2009 Kyoto 500 will be held on Tuesday, June 16th at 19:00 UTC. It will have a qualifying session and a race. Server will be passworded, using the same password that other sessions have used. If you do not have it, send me a PM requesting it.

Qualifying will be two hotlaps, fastest is your qual time. I'll be using the AutoQualifer application by Kevin Burns to administer the calling of cars. Please listen to and follow all directions of that app while in the session. Please be patient if you don't see your name on the $qlist - I will check the list and see who may have been left out, and manually add. At the end of the queued cars, I will ask if anyone has been left out, and the only chat I expect to see at that point is from someone who has NOT been called out.

The race will be 55 laps, first two under pace car conditions. The rolling start will be three-wide. The grid will be as such (numbers indicate starting position):

1 2 3
P 4 5 6
I 7 8 9
T 10 11 12
13 14 15
L 16 17 18
A 19 20 21
N 22 23 24
E 25 26 27
28 29 30

There is ONE mandatory pitstop for this session, which may be taken under green or yellow flag. No requirements on service, just as long as LFS has said you made a stop.

On the initial start, the field shall maintain pace car speed until the green flag is displayed. No anticipating and jumping.

Post here if you plan to attend - if more show up than we have slots for (30), participation will be prioritized to those who post here.

POST RACE

Qualifying Replay

Qualifying Results

Race Replay

Race Results
#2 - Ori
i'll be there - unless goblins destroy my graphic card again
#4 - wild
I'll try my best to be there Although I never have anything planned during weekdays so should be fine.
I'm there.
#6 - kyler
i should be there... Can u send pm me the pass please thanks...
Quote from Ori :i'll be there - unless goblins destroy my graphic card again

lol

I'll be there.
I'll be there
count me in
5am start HOOAH!!!
I`ll show up as always
Sorry if I had to leave early, my mother wanted me to give her the laptop, and as it was only a practice session it wasn't worth for me to refuse. But don't worry, this won't happen on the big day.
Finished the race, but no one was in the mood to draft with me, probably `cause my engine was failing again. I really need to see what is wrong with gearing.

AND I DON`T LIKE WIND CONDITIONS!

But just to mention something, drivers from back of the field should at least read some previous posts concerning behavior when overtaking and leaving room for others to re-pass.

Today I`ve experienced how it`s like when there`s 3 cars in T3, and you`re in the middle. There was a couple of contacts that could have been avoided, but the my damage was bearable.

I`m starting to really get the point about "PATIENCE" and team work in oval racing.

DON`T DRIVE ON YOUR OWN, IT`S POINTLESS!!!!!
Quote from fermevc :AND I DON`T LIKE WIND CONDITIONS!

I seem to think that sessions run cleaner with wind on, since people have to think about driving instead of midnlessly hotlapping.
A DCed when I qualified 3rd...not happy
Im appologize to cars 116 , 53 and 58 for the mess in the start of lap 8 , I was breaking because I see in front of me cars 30 how he is moving wery slowly on the track. I think that on this place was blow my engin , after that my accelerating was bad , no speed to race with anybody, just crusing with laps more than 38s.

One question to car 30 N. Puntola: who was give you the wheel to racing?
And what are you doing on lap 6 in the pit, passing cars inside , between pitstop places and garage?
Quote from Ki-Men :One question to car 30 N. Puntola: who was give you the wheel to racing?

What do you mean?

Quote from Ki-Men :And what are you doing on lap 6 in the pit, passing cars inside , between pitstop places and garage?

I hardly passed anyone, let everyone go by that was past me and going to pits.

I still ended up behind the grid because i collided a few people as i ignored the rules by taking the first spot. Sorry.
Hehe totally had to do two stops so i wouldnt be Dq for pitting while the pits were closed.
Got caught up in the big incident in T1 and just up and went into the pits before they were open, though they were open when i was in there so Either way fun time, just didnt catch a break this race but maybe next time.
#19 - Ori
need for clearance
in lap 4 there was something that needs to be cleared. 93 Shearer and 30 Puntola have an incident. 30 Puntola loses the car and several positions. 93 Shearer loses a position to me (80 Avdimetaj). Then he passes me.

How should 93 and 80 have behaved?

other than that: guys check Thilo and Jack trying to help karkar. its better than sheakespeare and goethe together. never seen tragedy and comedy in such a combo.
#20 - wild
Quote from Ori :in lap 4 there was something that needs to be cleared. 93 Shearer and 30 Puntola have an incident. 30 Puntola loses the car and several positions. 93 Shearer loses a position to me (80 Avdimetaj). Then he passes me.

Yeah me and Niko were discussing this after the race, I must say I felt terrible about that afterwards. We weren't really sure what happened, we more or less decided it was a racing incident tbh. He lifted off the throttle and I had it like half throttle and went into the wall.

Yeah about passing you, I was waiting for Niko for a second to see if he could quickly recover and pass me again. Which he couldn't, so I passed you. Once again sorry mate. I wasn't really sure what to do.
I just want to point out one thing. I was sent to pits for damage repair, though i felt no change in driving.. i knew i had damaged suspension and nose, but it felt just the same, like before accident and i had no problem with car control... is it really necessary in this case of light damage? It cost me one lap, so retired, because my race was lost.
Quote from Kid222 :I just want to point out one thing. I was sent to pits for damage repair, though i felt no change in driving.. i knew i had damaged suspension and nose, but it felt just the same, like before accident and i had no problem with car control... is it really necessary in this case of light damage? It cost me one lap, so retired, because my race was lost.

The damage was causing you to lag epically, you were going side to side on the corners and it was dangerous. If it didn't cause you to lag then we'd have let you continue
Quote from J@tko :The damage was causing you to lag epically, you were going side to side on the corners and it was dangerous. If it didn't cause you to lag then we'd have let you continue

How is that possible?

Did the damage affect his connection?
Quote from zeugnimod :How is that possible?

Did the damage affect his connection?

lol no.

Because you're going a constant 180+mph on the oval, any lag is pretty bad. Because he had a tiny bit of lag anyway [but no more than anyone else], and because LFS keeps you going in whatever you were doing whilst it waits for the next packet to be received, his damage caused him to make our LFSs think that the damage was causing him to go straight on in the corners, thus he was kinda going in a zig-zag around corners
Quote from J@tko :his damage caused him to make our LFSs think that the damage was causing him to go straight on in the corners, thus he was kinda going in a zig-zag around corners

LFS definately thinks too much.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG