The online racing simulator
#1 - J@tko
Round 5: Post Race Discussion and Results
Round 5: Post Race Discussion and Results
Hey racers:

Please discuss Round 5, with the STDs at FE Rallyx Reverse

Replays and results will be posted by deko shortly.

LFSBC Standings: Timdpr - 1st, 104 points. Szymonek - 2nd, 103 points. I would probably have won in my class if it wasn't for the damn SC! Well done Hypothraxer for the win, well done Szymonek for the class win, and thanks for the battle, though it wasn't much of one considering my tyres (see attachments) Oh, and yes my LFS does look like that and yes I do get those frame rates.

Also, 1000th post! Celebrate!

EDIT: Oh god, how did I forget to thank David for his set? I'd have been nowhere without it.
Attached images
lfs_00000023.png
lfs_00000024.png
Nooo J@tko! I made the thread!

You only got there first because mine was so professional. Plus it was my 1000th post!
#4 - J@tko
Threads merged
No, merge your thread into mine!
#6 - J@tko
Quote from Timdpr :No, merge your thread into mine!

I can't lol - your post was after mine

Anyway thank for turning up - the SC made things more interesting, but some nasty tyres by the end
I need to thanks David, not only for being very clean on the track during our battle, but also because he decided to share his setup once again with me Without him I would never have been able to do that(I was going to start the race with a fe5 hotlap setup with inversed cambers).
#8 - CSF
Hilariously bad. No real set, no practice, no confidence, so started wondering whether my tyres would pop... then I just understeered off into the barriers and couldn't carry on through laughter.
Quote from Timdpr :LFSBC Standings: Timdpr - 1st, 104 points. Szymonek - 2nd, 103 points.

So you will have more ballast next race.

Quote from Timdpr :thanks for the battle, though it wasn't much of one considering my tyres

Making setup is a part of racing. I spend few hours trying to make tyre-friendly setup, and then in race I was pushing on you knowing, that you will have such problems. Every time, when you were drifting on the corner, I looked like that: . But you have right - I won only thanks to the safety car.
Well I only started practicing an hour before the race, so I didn't have that much time to get used to the setup etc. It was me that cost me the race really, I didn't practice any long runs and I completely underestimated the tyres! I kinda gave up conserving them towards the end, they couldn't really get any worse and I was thrashing them (too much) to try and stay ahead of you...I don't usually drive that badly, I promise!

Anyway, this means I've got a fight on my hands! May the best man win.

BTW, ballast comes from the overall championship...but yep, I've still got more ballast than you
Sorry I wasn't there:

- Family were round
- I was desperately trying to recover 15 GB of videos (some of which are semi-corrupted), from my camera's HDD, which is in desperate need of being formatted

Looks like I may have to loose 30 or so videos... because I simply cannot use my camera in it's current state, without formatting
Everything went wrong for me this time...

I wasn't even prepared, never done a single lap in this circuit with this car...
Had to ask for a setup [thx David! ] just after the qual.

My car number should be 02, I put 12... ¬¬'

so sorry about the SC that I caused, eighter...

sorry for everything, actually...
i shouldn't even get up today...
I'll get the replays and stats up later Sunday. It's bed for me now. :P

This round was a little more fun than the rally event in season 2 thanks to the safety car It's also a nice proof that you can overtake in rally cross without contact (I have no idea how we managed that Yann ).

It's a shame though that only so few bothered to show up.
#15 - CSF
Oh yes and Bambo should be DQ'd.
Results are up.

Car 93 was excluded from the race due to a late join. He was told by the Clerk of Course that he wasn't allowed to join, but continued on, and was not removed from course by the marshals. He is excluded, and results amended accordingly.

Round 6 thread will be started next week.

d
Quote from dekojester :Results are up.

Car 93 was excluded from the race due to a late join. He was told by the Clerk of Course that he wasn't allowed to join, but continued on, and was not removed from course by the marshals. He is excluded, and results amended accordingly.

This is not true. According to the rules "a driver who fails to show up in time maybe be not maybe be not allowed to take part."

The admins on server allowed him to join after it was confirmed that a rule that prohibits the mentioned action does not exist.

No rule allowes the driver to be disqualified afterwards. Car 93 completed the minimum of 80% of the race to finish
#18 - CSF
But Timo, surely that refers to Qualifying as per the PM every competitor gets rather than the time of the race...
IDGAF but that sentence is fooked?

"Maybe may be not allowed"? FFS this is a crippled language.
Quote from hyntty :This is not true. According to the rules "a driver who fails to show up in time maybe be not maybe be not allowed to take part."

The admins on server allowed him to join after it was confirmed that a rule that prohibits the mentioned action does not exist.

No rule allowes the driver to be disqualified afterwards. Car 93 completed the minimum of 80% of the race to finish

Rememer admin's discretion ? This falls here. Jackson also mentioned in chat that "bambo you can't join once the race has started" which serves as the notice.

Car 93's exclusion will stand.
He also said "Bambo, you may continue" afterwards in vent. So I wonder why Jackson would claim otherwise.

Admin's discression, he was allowed to join.
Quote from hyntty :He also said "Bambo, you may continue" afterwards in vent. So I wonder why Jackson would claim otherwise.

Admins discression, he was allowed to join.

I said he may continue, obviously pending any further enquiries.

Me and deko have come to the conclusion that, after looking at the rules, he should not be classified.
You two are wrong.
Quote from J@tko :I said he may continue, obviously pending any further enquiries.

Me and deko have come to the conclusion that, after looking at the rules, he should not be classified.

I'm sorry, mate, but I can't agree with the underlined text. I went on the server, asked Timo if I could join and he allowed me. Then a bit later on you told me that I should pit but after a few lines on vent, you deemed that I may continue. You never mentioned the underlined statement so IMO you pretty much twisted the knife in the wound with this

But the thing I'm most confused about is that from rule I.6 which states that "If you miss qualifying for any reason, and there are still free slots on the grid, you may start, but must take the start from the pitlane", I should receive the normal amount of points. It's true that I've missed 3-4 laps but as vent can confirm it, I was basically there a few seconds before the start of the race, it's just that I don't have JointoLFS so I tiped the server's name and password manually, and then it took a few more seconds to download the skins and by the time it was done, I've missed the amount of laps mentioned above.

I see no reason to not allow me to receive the mentioned points for this round and would like to forward the apeal I made above.
Quote from BAMBO :I'm sorry, mate, but I can't agree with the underlined text. I went on the server, asked Timo if I could join and he allowed me.

I would like to emphasize that

a) The decision was not mine but Jacks.

b) My first line was something like: "There is no rule to prohibit it".

c) There is no rule against Bambo's actions.

d) It is quite unfair by Jackson to change his mind about allowing someone to join late afterwards. The rules do not even allow him to do that.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG