The online racing simulator
need help choosing grx card .
(43 posts, started )
Quote from JazzOn :all it gives me is maybe 10frames more

i cant believe its not working... the difference between 8600 models cant be that huge right!?

but thanks anyway 4 reply.

When talking about 8600 and 8800 or something then the difference is huge. 8600 doesnt have the chipset 8800 has. Atm i own 8600gt 512mb and yea, its crap.
Quote from hazaky :Atm i own 8600gt 512mb and yea, its crap.

It's not crap for LFS :3
Quote from Shadowww :It's not crap for LFS :3

Well, yeah. I can get 200fps+ sometimes in lfs with max settings but for me its still very crap. And everybody should remember this that you dont buy videocard just for lfs - for every game that u might wanna play. And if u buy enough good card so u could play lfs and then want to play another game, buy a new card again? The card must be future-proof or atleast a bit.
200+fps = crap? i smell bullshit.
I smell lack of VSync or $9001 monitor which supports over 200Hz.
Well yea, i have vsync on 60hz but its just that i can reach over 200fps with it.
Quote from hazaky :Well yea, i have vsync on 60hz but its just that i can reach over 200fps with it.

That's great, specially because it doesn't make a difference.
Quote from Stiggie :That's great, specially because it doesn't make a difference.

Of course, i know. U cant see the difference between 60fps and 200fps incase the monitor supports max of 60Hz. The fact is that human eye can take 30.000fps+ - proven fact by scientists.
Quote from hazaky :Of course, i know. U cant see the difference between 60fps and 200fps incase the monitor supports max of 60Hz. The fact is that human eye can take 30.000fps+ - proven fact by scientists.

But the average person will not be able to tell the difference past around 70fps, so whats the point in displaying 200fps even if you could?

I have very sensitive eye sight, I can see flickering on TV screens if I look at them a certain way, but after about 70-80fps I don't see any difference.
Quote from hazaky : The fact is that human eye can take 30.000fps+ - proven fact by scientists.

Not exactly. I am quite sure I can see the difference between 30 or 60 frames. Its the smoothness which is totally different.

Another thing is that human eye does not work on FPS basis but in totally different way so trying to say simply that human eye can not see more then 30 fps is irrelevant. Just use a bit of Mr. Google my friend
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Not exactly. I am quite sure I can see the difference between 30 or 60 frames. Its the smoothness which is totally different.

Another thing is that human eye does not work on FPS basis but in totally different way so trying to say simply that human eye can not see more then 30 fps is irrelevant. Just use a bit of Mr. Google my friend

He said 30 THOUSANDS of frames per second, not 30.
Quote from Shadowww :He said 30 THOUSANDS of frames per second, not 30.

Getting old...need glasses
I wonder what videocard human being uses, the real life - its more detailed than Crysis and very realistlic and take a look how much fps we can see
I bet everybody has 4096 GTX 295's and Bose321 has 8192 HD4870X2's.
You're not going to see difference between 100 or 200fps if your monitor is only capable of 60Hz refresh rate.

DragonCommando: You can spot flicker much easier with peripheral vision than on the area you're looking at. Most new games are real pain in the arse to get working on CRT when they're locked at 60Hz by default, some games (I'm looking at you, Prototype..) even override utilities like Refreshlock and pretty much make it impossible to play those games unless you're masochist. Eye is very sensitive to even small changes, I'm currently using another monitor with 85Hz and that took couple days to adjust, first couple hours being quite unpleasant after using 100Hz for past few years.
You can now buy LCD with 120Hz refresh rate.
Just look around. It might help you if you are so sensitive to these things.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :You can now buy LCD with 120Hz refresh rate.
Just look around. It might help you if you are so sensitive to these things.

I don't flickering happens on LCDs anyways due to the slow response time compared to CRT which has virtually no such delay at all?
Quote from Crommi :I don't flickering happens on LCDs anyways due to the slow response time compared to CRT which has virtually no such delay at all?

No, LCD works different way then LCD thats why its does not flicker.
Its switching the pixels and CRT re-draw the lines. Re-drawing lines mean flickering.

need help choosing grx card .
(43 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG