The online racing simulator
Round 6 - Post Race Discussion
Oh well i might aswell start this up early.

Quali i made a mistake and payed my penalty by going to the back of the grid

Race 1 - i then made another mistake but still managed to get 13th place behind S.Moore. I felt that was alright due to my mistake.

Race 2 - I thought i should of started behind S.Moore but this is another story. Started from the back and there was a few accidents infront of me. Managed to avoid them and then get infront of Sedgwick then i caught one of the kerbs to much run wide and hit a tyre and fliped the car.

So i failed. But watching this race is quite interesting.
#2 - J@tko
Was only there for one race [and only just at that] - had to get through a few people, not bad, tyres got hot, but it was fun as always. Gonna watch the broadcast now as I got taken out of the FOX Race at T1.
After the qualify I was aiming at a top 10, considering I was much slower than anyone.

Had some luck on the sprint race and finished 6th.

Had a terrible feature race, was happy to see the checkered flag. Finished 9th.
Just to let you guys know the On Demand may be delayed slightly due to Yannicks absence. It should be up soon. (ish)
Excellent race tonight.

Quali - Managed to improve my pb, thats allways great. Losing some time to the wr in the last split that bothers a bit, maybe need to check it out

Race 1 - Rocket start for the RB4. We both got to the front. For me the race was mainly tire managing. This time was really happy about the set and knew the tires would be ok. Had really tweaked this set, cause previous races wasn't happy about the tire heating.

Race 2 - Started 8th, got a great start as around was FXO's. Before T1 5th and then on the long straight the guys ahead did some mistake. Not sure what happened there but i got past both of them as they slowed down. So after 1st lap 3rd. Then catched up to Jack around lap 3 started to try and put some pressure on him. Might have worked as he went slightly wide in T1 and i think got some dirt in his tires wich then led to him going off in T2. So FLP 1st and 2nd. Catched up to Ergin around halfway of the race, would really have loved to fight him. But we usually go easy on each other on league races. Well next time then

Managed to really gain points in this round. Makes it much more fun for the last round. Eventough Aston sounds to be a fast track. Well see you guys there...
Quote from scotty2888 :Ok hope that works cause I will be damned if I am writting it out twice.

There's Copy + Paste, you know.
this is scotty tho he has affairs with armco barriers
Well, a really bad race for me for sure, made a lot of mistakes during both races, and as a result I didn't finish neither of them

In the 1st one I started really late, and that helped to stuck a big pile of cars before the chicane, after that it took me 5 laps to hit the tyres and flip the car upside down.

Main race, I started just for fun as was starting from my house but anyway, I found myself up kinda fast, but then sucked again entering the main straight. After that, recovered a few spots, but then made a good noob mistake crashing into the chicane entering the last lap, I guess I got very anxious to take J.McIntyre position and that was the result

Good race for the RB4, really probed that this is a good combo for them
The on-demand version is up now!
Tks Yannick
(JUST TO PLEASE ZEUGNIMOD :razz

FERNBAY GREEN ROUND 11 AND 12

QUALIFYING

My qualifying didn’t go to much to plan. I managed to get clean enough laps I just couldn’t find the pace. I ended up qualifying 15th out of 16 qualifiers a full second faster than 16th place. But also a full second slower than 14th place.

ROUND 11

I am unclear if someone disconnected or whatever but I quailed 15th yet started 14th.

So I am sat there the lights are on red. My revs are built up. THERES THE GREEN, I flick to first and get a steady start of the line. Probably the best start I have ever had in TBO challenge and I can already feel this is going to be a fantastic race for me.

Down to turn one which is the chicane left right, tyre walls either side, I am on the left hand side of the track and everyone seems to go two wide through there, INCREDABLE. Yet everyone seemed to get through with minimal contact from what I could see. A few cars ran wide on the exit. Ahead of me. The right hand side traffic was slower out of the chicane for some reason and I nailed the throttle gaining places hand over fist, The two cars that had run wide are merging back onto the track on my left, I’ve got cars on the right. I somehow manage to squeeze between them with no contact. I’m a man on a mission.

The run down to turn two and I hit my brakes perfectly. But there cold and the rears locked a little bit. I release the brake a touch as the back end try’s to come round on me. I just nudge the rear of the car ahead but trading paint was all it was as I safely manoeuvre around turn two everyone still two wide.

Through three, everyone settles down momentarily but then back on it for the run to the chicane on the crest of the hill. Still a few cars two wide but mostly single file. Someone behind me was slow out of turn three holding everyone up but I go with the lead pack sitting 12th about one and a half car lengths behind 11th place.

Up to turn four and a right hander. I hit my brakes again perfectly closing the gap right up sitting on the bumper of 11th but he pulls away from me again on the exit. So all I can do is follow him through four and five.

Turn 6 and 11th place is side by side with 10th just ahead of me. I sit back hoping it ends in tears. It doesn’t but I was nearly following him through to take 11th. But no quite. I end up on the rear bumper of De Souza who has just fallen from 10th to 11th.

I get my nose on his left rear quarter panel through turn 8 for a little paint trading barley any contact at all. De Souza runs a touch wide but stays out the barrier and I fall in line again behind him on the run and through the final chicane.

De Souza pulls away again on the exit of the final turn and I run wide on the exit allowing 13th to catch me. But I manage to pull it back on track and keep my 12th place for the first chicane.

*Deep Breaths* And that’s just the first lap.

From then on I ended up gradually going backwards. But myself and 13th place, Simoes, made slight contact as he had the inside for turn three. It sent me wide and onto the grass. Kept it out the barrier but I had dropped to 15th out of 17. Amazingly still keeping up my pace on the grass helped me loose no time at all to this bunch and 13th,14th, 15th, and 16th, Me being 15th remember. Were all nose to tail on track. Jack Atkinson in RB4 in 16th the others FXO’s.

I held Jack off the rest of the lap then the next lap he got round me on the run to turn 4 as he dived up the inside taking him wide. I slowed down a touch more as I new he was there. He kept his momentum going and took the racing line but my quick thinking, that I slowed down a touch more then got back on the throttle while he was off the throttle got me back along side Jack for turn five, with Jack on the inside of the track (left) and me on the outside of turn 5 (right), I managed to drive round the outside of him at turn five and get back in front of him to defend my position for turn 6.

However yet again just four laps in to the race my tyres were shot. Nothing I could do anymore but nurse the car home. Amazingly though There was a five car pile up somewhere apparently which lifted me from 16th to 12th.

I would finish the race 12th out of 14. A pretty eventful race from me and at the end I was happy with 12th place finish. I had a very clean race, clean(ish), and I was happy with that.

Would round 12 go so well for me?

ROUND 12

I would start this race from 10th out of 15 starters. However I bogged down of the line this time and this put me side by side with 11th place Van Arem in an XRT for the first chicane. Neither one of us would yield. We were locked together, door mirror to door mirror, Door handle to door handle. Scrapped the whole side of my F****** car. As his was to. I was on the left he was right. I kept my car left as tight as possible so I didn’t take him out. He kept me squeezed. BREATH IN. It got tight because of the angle we took it at. I possibly turned the tyres on the left side of the chicane. We both managed to come out the other side and I got the better exit so I defended tenth place. Got fully ahead of him and was watching my mirror defending like mad from him. He swung right to pick up the racing line. I stayed left to try and keep the corner. However by the time I was finished watching my mirrors for him, it was too late. I missed my braking point. And with cars every were ahead of me there was no way this was going to end happy. It didn’t. I braked and Simoes was right ahead of me. He left the little grassy bit on the inside of two clear and I went for it as to avoid him, but it was no good. I was going way too fast. My wheels locked just before contact and I rear quartered him. Spinning him through 90 degrees and he went of into the gravel trap on the right hand side of two. My momentum helped him off as I went with him.

His blasting of the horn gave me the sign he was frustrated. It dropped us back to last two places. I couldn’t believe I had thrown away another race and a momentary lapse also costing someone else a race. Both of us continued on and on the run to turn 6 I slowed to let him back past as he had caught me up again.

Turn 6 and I nudge him again but only a tap. Once again I let him lead. He then eventually pulls away from me and I am left with just me on the track. I was forced to make a pit stop as well this race for tyres but I wasn’t the only one.

Simoes stopped about lap 8 which was before me and Van Arem stopped twice. This resulted in a fantastic final lap battle between myself and Van Arem.

Van Arem came out from his second pit stop right behind me on what was lap 23 of 24. So I had to defend like mad. All lap he was all over my rear bumper. And then onto the final lap of what was lap 24 of 24. I had to keep going. I took up every defensive line into every corner. Just trying to keep the freshly tyred guy behind me. My tyres were once again shot so I was struggling yet managing. Paint was traded between us on numerous occasions in an intense battle.

We came out the final turn I ran a touch wide. GINHO SCREAMING IN MY EAR. Van Arem got the run on me out the final turn. I was on the grass out wide somehow keeping it going. We were side by side on the run to the chequered flag. It was a drag race. I had managed to start pulling back the gap and was gaining on him. But it wasn’t enough. He piped me to the line by about a quarter of a car length.

I finished 11th and dead last. Almost had my second top ten finish of this season. Never mind.
Quote from zeugnimod ::lovies3d:

I read it all. I swear.

LOL.

Dont blame you if you dont. Got a bit carried away
i had to read it he held me at gunpoint
Quote from dan926 :i had to read it he held me at gunpoint

What gun. There is no gun in my hand.

*Throws gun away*

Round 6 - Post Race Discussion
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG