The online racing simulator
2009 Kyoto 500 : Cleanup Time
Hello all:

I have now some good free time this week, and will be going through finally, all the sessions to filter out some of the riff-raff. Yeah, I should have done this a while ago, but you know, I do have other things that I do that take up time. But now that I have some free time, I'll spend some time going through the replays, time and time again, and finding the crap and filtering it.

Where you can help:
Send me a PM stating some examples of repeat offenses of causing incidents or behavior that propagated an incident. I will ONLY accept them in PMs, and I will not keep your name attached with any, to keep anonymity.

You can discuss the sessions so far, and suggest any improvements here.

Keep the discussion clean otherwise.

d
signup list updates? approved list?
Quote from kwilliams14 :signup list updates? approved list?

Monday. After I get a chance to run through all the practice races and get attendance counts confirmed and clean up some BS from wrong threads. Basically sorting stuff out for the run up to the real thing. Don't worry, they'll be soon.

d
#4 - Ori
change (no, this is not refering to obamas slogan)
(didn't know where to post this)

Guys I have been thinking about this whole NDR CART and especially the 500 or better said the oval stuff and here's the result:

- I obviously had a wrong image of you guys. I was thinking NDR is a big group with a respective background and that u guys are just too slipshod.

- Numerous of my posts were critics. Well let me tell u this: I only critic on things that do matter to me.

- Since you guys obviously can use help I am offering it - or should I say Dear NDR-team, I hereby offer my help

Now i'm not a tech expert and lack knowledge that one could really use in this aspect but I think I can contribute in all other ways, no matter if hard or soft skills are required.

I'm really, seriously intersted in contributing so that this project can live on even if LFS never sees anything new.

Ori
Quote from Ori :Now i'm not a tech expert and lack knowledge that one could really use in this aspect but I think I can contribute in all other ways, no matter if hard or soft skills are required.

I'm really, seriously intersted in contributing so that this project can live on even if LFS never sees anything new.

Ori

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1179927#post1179927
Quote from Ori :(didn't know where to post this)

Guys I have been thinking about this whole NDR CART and especially the 500 or better said the oval stuff and here's the result:

- I obviously had a wrong image of you guys. I was thinking NDR is a big group with a respective background and that u guys are just too slipshod.

- Numerous of my posts were critics. Well let me tell u this: I only critic on things that do matter to me.

- Since you guys obviously can use help I am offering it - or should I say Dear NDR-team, I hereby offer my help

Now i'm not a tech expert and lack knowledge that one could really use in this aspect but I think I can contribute in all other ways, no matter if hard or soft skills are required.

Ori

At the bolded point:

NDR are only 5 people. Myself, Thilo (TFalke55), Timo (hyntty), Jack (J@tko), and Joseph (JO53PHS). We dedicate our time to our events, but since we are all real people to (well, maybe all of us, not sure about Timo sometimes :P ) we do sometimes have overload of work, and something has to suffer. If you look at what a lot of us have had going on recently, it's final weeks of college for me, term papers and projects galore like any quarter. Jack and Joe have their revisions and exams for school going on, which takes up loads of their time, and Timo and Falke all have their own schooling stuff going on. Remember also, that I'm the oldest NDR member at 22, Timo's almost 19, Jackson's 16 or 17, Ellis is around 14 or 15, I think. Something looney. :P Falke's somewhere around Jackson/Timo's age. So, we are mostly young members, and two of them are still stuck having to listen to their parents, so if they call them to dinner, it's sorry for my luck.

But yeah, even though we have these difficulties, we do our best, and we definately do not want to let the community down. We have over our year and a half of existence, apparently built up a rather strong reputation as a can-do, no BS team. Yeah, it's not showing so much yet, but hey, give it a bit more time, it'll show.

And as to how you can help: You can send me a PM with either dodgy drivers that you've experienced, or specific incidents that you think might necessitate a look at that might effect the rulebook or anything. Anything that you feel is out of place, feel free to send me a message with. If you're citing a specific driver, please do it ONLY via PM. Otherwise, if it's an incident, you may post it in the Protests thread. If you PM me, I expect that it'll be along the lines of, "I don't think this person (insert name here) should be allowed in the race, because of ...."

Hope this helps, and hope this answers your questions, Jeffy.

d
I cannot understand what my age or normality as a person has anything to do with anything but anyway.

There's only a limited amount of time people have, so yes, if you like scour through the replays and post timecodes of incidents you think were dodgy. Also if someone wants to do homework for me....

For the record, there are a few people I've noticed from the practises who will not be attending the 500. Not if I can help it.
Quote from JO53PHS :14, but 15 in 11 days

Damn.. I applaud that. You guys take this more seriously then some of the adults I've met.
Quote from hyntty :For the record, there are a few people I've noticed from the practises who will not be attending the 500. Not if I can help it.

Now im scared. Hold me
personally i didn't see anything outlandish in the few practice races i've been in, maybe due to track position.

but i can say that i see several would-be 500 competitors on FM FO8 server making some pretty scary moves.

one of the worse things you can do is assume the person in front or behind you actually knows what they're doing.

you have plenty of time, if you come up behind someone you dont know, take a lap to sort out their behavior, no need to dive right in expecting them to give you room. most times they wont.

unlike twisty tracks where you have to set someone up to pass under braking, on oval you have to position yourself to use track position, traffic, and the draft to set them up to make a pass. this takes alot more finesse and trust than just diving in on the inside under braking to make a pass.

my 2 cents, hopefully it'll help someone.

k.m.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG