The online racing simulator
key setup points
(10 posts, started )
key setup points
i havent been able to find a thread discussing key points in a setup, but only giving the setup. i am personally looking for the key points in a drift setup, like i know camber is important, but i am clueless about damping, and anti-roll. so what needs to happen with each setting. if it matters it is for XRG
Camber: Normally set to be as flat as possible when in a corner for maximum grip, as well as even heat and wear distribution. This usually means the car will have a bit of negative camber at rest.

Anti-roll bars: Like springs, but don't really affect transient response.

Damping: Controls the oscillation of the springs and the rate at which load is transfered to a wheel (i.e. transient response). Harder compression and/or softer rebound damping on a wheel means load gets transferred to that wheel faster.
YAY a response i know what they all do, but i want to know how they affect everything. like i have drifted setups with low damping and anti roll but high spring rate, and it was not as good as low spring rate, and high damping, and mid anit roll. why, what setting did what to the handling. (i am reffering to drifting setups if i diddnt say that before)
If it's that important to you, why not experiment on your own and figure out what works for you? That's what I did for the past 6-7 years.

I told you the science behind it, now it's up to you to figure out the application of the science.
Quote from Forbin :If it's that important to you, why not experiment on your own and figure out what works for you? That's what I did for the past 6-7 years.

I told you the science behind it, now it's up to you to figure out the application of the science.

well, i guess you are right i have enough spare time on my hands to do so. thank you
Does drifting need a special setup? I can do it fine with a regular race setup..
#9 - Nicce
then i buld i use:

1%less ridehighspringload fron versus rear.. ex: 88nm rear - 87 nm front
have notice that this is good for my type of style.

the ridehigh´t "first graph u can alter in suspsettings.." tend for me to be best @ the same front and back.. ex: 60-60

the rest is up to the maker etc..
regarding camber point´s..

rear is what the "live value is" so i don´t add extra camber on the rear or make the live camber less "closer to 0value..
front is added mostly: 3,8-3,4extra negative camber for the better handling ctrl on steerlock drifting. doh the front live will be some were around 4,5degree negative but don´t wory.. i don´t..

hint: if u have the same ridehight as the oe i posted here u will have ca: -1,10 - -1,00 in live camber.

and again.. this is what i use nad works fine for my style of drifting.
tyre pressure front and rear, preload "power/cost" option is something u have tom find out also.. brakes, gears etc..

not sure: yeah i can do that to.. but a driftset is a race set that the "maker" has done some tweaks so it´s little harder in susp and more ctrl´n in sideway´s.

(can´t drift as good on a race set that i can on a drf set..)
Quote from Not Sure :Does drifting need a special setup? I can do it fine with a regular race setup..

if you are good at drifting you should be able to, but it is just a heck of a lot easier to get a setup

key setup points
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG