The online racing simulator
And I would say if you don't have anything helpful to say don't fill the thread with wasting posts.

I like the point RasmusL wrote of. Winsock is a hard thing and it's easy to mess things up there. The dedicate server is a really stable and long proofed product so it's hard to believe there are problems.
But maybe the LFS dedi is aggressive on reading/writing and the GTR dedi collides with it on some point.
The LFS dedi just sits there with an open socket, listening for connections. While no players are connected it just sends a tiny packet to the master server every minute or so to say it is still there.

Of course you must make sure that all your servers use a different port. I don't know what the consequences would be of starting your LFS dedi using the same port as a GTR or rFactor host, because I don't know how their hosts work. But I do know that they can't work at the same time using the same port.
Oops, I missed a piece of my post ... Silly Bugger.

There is a Win2003 server in my dads office, i'll be there tommorow morning, so i'll give it a shot then, see what happens.

Edit : There was no effect on Vista, or XP running GTR and LFS dedi-hosts at the same time. CPU was at its most (concidering I had IE open at the same time), 10%... on average around 2% over ten minutes...
#29 - VoiD
Quote from CLRS530 :And I would say if you don't have anything helpful to say don't fill the thread with wasting posts.

So why you are posting your half-baked/heard about/diced thoughts in here...?

Personaly I do give a sh*t about any ISI related problems ...but, please let the "pro´s" sort this out...
Waste number two...

I'm a programmer too ans especially in developing the Insim Addon I had several problems to solve on the Winsock part.
You could be good in programming but it's always possible that you don't think of a special point because it's so complex.
What the hell could I do instead of.

Anyhow. I won't discuss with you about a hilarious and groundless offensive post.
Good day.
There wasn't any problems on the Win2003 server I tried... The CPU Usage went up to 100% for about 15-30 seconds, then settled back to 2-10%.

It must be something specific to your machine.
#32 - imad
settling back to 2-10 % is gtr2 usage while it should be 0% if no users connected to it, so you did have what am having, go to processes tab in task manager and watch the gtr2dedicated.exe while you close and open lfs dedicated.

its not specific to that machine because i also tested it on another win2008 server and its the same.

i even done a setup where i was running lfs inside a vmware virtual machine and gtr2 on the host and was still getting cpu usage whenever i launch lfs inside the VM.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG