The online racing simulator
Where to get a cheapo joystick
hey guys got my 911 turbo wheel working perfect with the rennsport wheel stand, sitting in a 1994 mazda rx7 seat mouth on a wooden base... gotta get the handbrake working, but i just thought, i dont really wanna pay much at all, im going to start askign around to see if friends have one but whats a cheap alternative??

id love to make something with a real center console from a car but am a noob with wires. if someone could throw me some insight maybe i could do that. thanks
Just get the cheapest joystick you can find, and use a rubber band or a spring or something to provide the return force. Shouldn't be too hard to attach a real handbrake shaft either.

Good luck!
?? that doesnt tell me anything, how do i do that? like i said im no geek
1) Get a joystick
2) Mount the base onto something vertical so the stick is pointing horizontally
3) Strap a rubber band around the tip of the joystick and attach the rubber band to the floor somehow
4) Voilà! You've just built a super cheap handbrake.

You can then make a groove of some sort to prevent the stick from moving sideways if you want. Or you can replace the shaft with a real handbrake shaft.. or whatever.
now when you say bring the rubber band to the floor does that just give it resistance?
Yup. The further towards the tip of the stick you attach the rubber band, the stronger it will pull down.

Just experiment with it.. I'm sure you can make it work
does it have to be a USB joystick? i have seen a bunch of cheapos with monitor looking plugs.
#8 - G!NhO
Aldi!!!!

Wall mark or what ever the name is...
i just ordered a sidewinder 2 microsoft usb joystick!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG