The online racing simulator
Round 4: Pre-Race Discussion and Briefing
Round 4 of the 3rd Season of the LFS Beginner's Cup and the 1st Season of the NDR Challenge will be held on Saturday, 30th May 2009. Details are as follows:

General Info:
Course: Fern Bay Green (FE2)
Qualifying Duration: 2x20 minute sessions - FBM only for First, FOX only for 2nd
Race Duration: 2x20 laps
LFSBC Cars: FBM
NDRC Cars: FOX

All Times in this post are in UTC. Currently, the UK is on Summer Time, which UTC does not observe - UK folks need to add one hour. Go to the Time Zone Converter to help you convert times.
Server arrival deadline: 18:20
Qualifying Session 1 - FBM Start: 18:30
Qualifying Session 2 - FOX Start: 18:55
Grid Setting: 19:20
Race 1 Start: 19:25
Race 2 Start: 20:00 (approx)

Driver Confirmation:
Please, drivers, confirm your attendance, and car selection by posting here. Please use the following format:

Car Number
Driver's LFS UserName
Class (LFSBC or NDRC)

Example:

dekojester
NDRC

Deadline for Confirmations is 17:30 UTC on Saturday, 30th May. As per the regulations, the penalty for failure to confirm in time is a start from the back of the grid.

Further Notes:

Please observe Name format as per the regulations. Examples:
Quote :
LFSBC: 00 J. Palmer
NDRC: 00 J. Palmer

LFSBC drivers shall color their car numbers yellow, NDRC drivers shall color their car numbers blue. You are to select no color (furthest right color button) for the rest of your name.

The Race will start via Standing Start.

The Safety Car Will wait at the exit of the final turn at the start before going to pitlane to remain on standby for the remainder of the race. It will not move to pitlane until all cars have completed the first turn without incident. After all cars are past Turn 2, and no deployment is needed, the SC will quickly head to pitlane, and enter pitlane and wait on standby at the end of pitlane. The SC should be clear of the course before the field completes the middle sector.

The SC will travel at approximately pitlane speed throughout the course, only slowing for natural slow points. The SC will be an FXR for this round. Drivers should remember SC distance regulations: The leader must remain around 8 to 10 car lengths off the SC, and drivers must leave about 3 to 5 car lengths between their car and the car ahead. Incidents due to following too close may be deemed to be caused by neglect, and a harsher penalty issued.

During SC deployments, the SC Inlap indication will come when the SC is between turns 7 and 10. At this point, it will begin to accelerate away, and the leader is expected to maintain SC pace, and is not to begin accelerating until it exits the final turn.

The track image indicating approximate Intermediate locations and turn numbers, as we reference them will be posted soon. Please use those in any protests you may make.

Please do not make protests in this tread, there will be a thread created for that after the race has been completed.

There may be a layout for the race. It will be posted as soon as possible if one will be in use.

No. Driver's LFSName Car Class Ballast (kg)

[B]Drivers who have Confirmed:[/B]

616 Timdpr FBM LFSBC 5
53 Fuse5 FOX NDRC 0
93 BAMBO FOX NDRC 15
32 Syzmonek FBM LFSBC 0
77 Hypothraxer FOX NDRC 12
69 Mike Bingo FBM LFSBC 0
73 racer hero FOX NDRC 0
02 buck77 FBM LFSBC 0
01 Greybull [CHA] FOX NDRC 0
09 CSF FOX NDRC 0
03 HighRoad FBM LFSBC 0
96 Emil.Orza FBM LFSBC 0
60 Dennis93 FOX NDRC 0

[B]Missed Deadline, but still confirmed before Qual Start:[/B]

[B]Missed Confirmation, but is in server for qualifying:[/B]

[B]Withdrawn from round:[/B]

82 Fastwalker
47 Kart0fL47
22 Chrisuu01

Car Number: 616
Driver's LFS UserName: Timdpr
Class (LFSBC or NDRC): LFSBC

I've got ballast!
#3 - Fuse5
Car Number: 53
Driver's LFS UserName: Fuse5
Class (LFSBC or NDRC): NDRC

lucky bastards, fbm is fun around fe green :P
#4 - BAMBO
Car Number: 93
Driver's LFS UserName: Bambo

And the FOX isn't?
Szymonek
LFSBC
Chrisuu01
NRDC
Here's a quote coming from the PM I recieved 20 minutes ago :

Quote from JO53PHS :
We would like as many drivers as possible to participate in this round. Failing to turn up because you cannot be bothered or forgot is not acceptable. If you do no longer wish to participate, please inform us.

I personnally attended to only 1 of the 3 last rounds, but to make it clear, I do not fall in any of the 2 categories mentioned above. The fact is that I'm still interrested by this league, but can't attend often to it, because I'm also signed-up in bigger leagues running on Saturdays.

I hope you understand. Good luck with that anyway.
#8 - J@tko
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Here's a quote coming from the PM I recieved 20 minutes ago :

I personnally attended to only 1 of the 3 last rounds, but to make it clear, I do not fall in any of the 2 categories mentioned above. The fact is that I'm still interrested by this league, but can't attend often to it, because I'm also signed-up in bigger leagues running on Saturdays.

I hope you understand. Good luck with that anyway.

It's aimed at those who just don't turn up, not those who actually genuinely have something else to do

i.e, not aimed at you
Car Number: 77
Driver's LFS UserName: Hypothraxer
Car Number 47 (Kart0fL47) have to Withdraw from round!

Im Sorry
Car Number: 69
Driver's LFS UserName: Mike Bingo
Class (LFSBC or NDRC): LFSBC

Now to work on making backend of my setup stable through the faster turns.
im not gonna be there, taking a little break from lfs for a few weeks.. or months

sry

ill be back tho (terminator style)
Quote from Fastwalker :im not gonna be there, taking a little break from lfs for a few weeks.. or months

sry

ill be back tho (terminator style)

noooooo!

More points for meh
Car Number: 73
Driver's LFS UserName: racer hero
I might be able to race this one...
And I also like FBM... I drove one in real life for one year! This one is quite similar to the real one!

buck77
LFSBC

cheers!
nathan246
LFSBC

i will MAYBE be there
GreyBull [CHA]
NDRC

I'd say I'm 75% sure to attend to this.
#20 - CSF
Car Number :09
Driver's LFS UserName: CSF
Class: NDRC

FE2 Sucks, but FOX owns. hmmmm....
The EpicmassPM is supposed to say 30th May, not April :doh:
Quote from CSF :Car Number :09
Driver's LFS UserName: CSF
Class: LFSBC

FE2 Sucks, but FOX owns. hmmmm....

FE2 Sucks, but FBM owns. hmmmm....
Quote from dekojester :
Server arrival deadline: 18:20

Hmm... By the way, does that make a problem if I come just before my qualifying session? Because I'm going to race the Race 1 of the OWRL FBM Trophy, which will end only around 20:35.
Quote from GreyBull [CHA] :Hmm... By the way, does that make a problem if I come just before my qualifying session? Because I'm going to race the Race 1 of the OWRL FBM Trophy, which will end only around 20:35.

before or after your qualifying session?
Quote from buck77 :before or after your qualifying session?

Oh well... Sorry for the confusion, I was speaking in CET. So, I meant 18:30 UTC.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG