The online racing simulator
is driving better in s2?
(34 posts, started )
#1 - oli17
is driving better in s2?
when you buy S2, do you have less crashers and better skill, or do u just have the crashers with more money to spend. there's nothing more infuriating than being taken out in the first corner by someone being overambitious on the brakes, or worse still, not bothering with them at all!

would just like to know, thanks.
Well mate, pickup racing can be...........iffy at the back of the pack, with a few noobs who end up clattering into each other. If you can stay clear of them however, clean racing is sure to be had.

It's leagues, however, where you get some very close, competitve racing. I know you have signed up for the Murray Motorsport Cup already, and with the XFG, close racing is almost sure

Hope that helped
#3 - oli17
yeah thanks. if you could direct me towards the servers/leagues with good reputations that'd be great. i'm not saying i'm perfect - far from it - but it'd be good to learn in the best possible surrounding if you know what i mean.
Well at the minute, you are quite limited in car choice. You have FOX Racing, which IMO isn't very clean at all, and I stay clear of it. Then there is the LR Race Center, which has some very clean racing. VoiD also does an excellent job adminning almost 24/7 (somehow :razz

It's worth the £24 or however much it is though, trust me
#5 - CSU1
Naa, I wouldn't worry what server you're on, gust get out there and race your best every time and the crashers and noobs will be in the mirror and you'll be alongside the pack learning as you go. People on S2 servers are aware of newcomers and tend go give and extra distance so unless you mess up real bad you should be just fine.
Quote from Wilko868 :Well at the minute, you are quite limited in car choice. You have FOX Racing, which IMO isn't very clean at all, and I stay clear of it. Then there is the LR Race Center, which has some very clean racing. VoiD also does an excellent job adminning almost 24/7 (somehow :razz

You forgot the SR servers which provide both FOX and GTi racing with the ability to file reports on our forum.
#7 - amp88
The driving standard on S2 is higher than on demo hosts. You still occasionally get people who don't know how to drive in a pack and cause problems in T1, but not that often. The main thing S2 does, though, is to open up a lot of possibilities with cars/tracks and means you're more likely to find a good server or league to join.
Quote from oli17 :yeah thanks. if you could direct me towards the servers/leagues with good reputations that'd be great. i'm not saying i'm perfect - far from it - but it'd be good to learn in the best possible surrounding if you know what i mean.

Are you planning to buy S2?? Then www.absolute-beginners.nl would be perfect for you!! ;-)
Quote from zeugnimod :You forgot the SR servers which provide both FOX and GTi racing with the ability to file reports on our forum.

When the NDR Public server was running, about 80% of the reports were from VoiD
filing reports on an offsite forum sucks... just my 2 cents.
Quote from bunder9999 :filing reports on an offsite forum sucks... just my 2 cents.

How about being a little more constructive and suggesting an alternative?
#12 - VoiD
Quote from JO53PHS :When the NDR Public server was running, about 80% of the reports were from VoiD

Yep, and it was much better racing and way more fun without those morons on track...

Warnings: 4
Cautions: 1
Bans: 14 (from 1 day, 3 days, 7, 15 , 30, 50, 100 days, 1 year and 1 permanent-ban)
Dismissed/no penalty: 1

Nice rating so far...
Quote from menantoll :How about being a little more constructive and suggesting an alternative?

online replay database with report form. i've had one working for months. no having to register on 500000 forums because you wanted to inform admins of wreckers.
The 90% of demo servers : Live for speed, Racing Simulator
The 99.9% of s2 servers : Live For Speed , The REAL Racing Simulator
Quote from Inouva :The 90% of demo servers : Live for speed, Racing Simulator
The 99.9% of s2 servers : Live For Speed , The REAL Racing Simulator

Actually, if you don't count servers with <5 players connected, 50% of servers are cruise :\
Quote from Shadowww :Actually, if you don't count servers with <5 players connected, 50% of servers are cruise :\

Actually, if you count servers with <5 players and cruise filter is on, 0% of servers are cruise.

Anyway, S2 gives you better driving than any game, 5-10 racers are fairly good enough to give what you need

over 20 racers T1 is usually a crash festival
Quote from bunder9999 :filing reports on an offsite forum sucks... just my 2 cents.

Not this again. :rolleyes:
Quote from zeugnimod :Not this again. :rolleyes:

what? you know i'm right... it's not my fault everyone else does it the other way though. who am i tell them to switch from something "that works"?
:munching_

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

Ontopic - On S2 servers there tends to be a higher standard of driving than most demo servers.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Here we go again. :rolleyes:

not really. i have no intention on dragging another thread into a "me vs zeug" fight. anything i say in his eyes is wrong and this time i'm saving my breath.
Quote from zeugnimod :Right...

Why don't you just drop it as he said he has..?

Tension at an all time high here on LFS Forums! :hide:
Quote from S14 DRIFT :Why don't you just drop it as he said he has..?

Because what he said isn't true..

is driving better in s2?
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG