The online racing simulator
/Elevated/ 4 kb intro by TBC and rgba
(5 posts, started )
Just HAD to share it. 4KB!!! Fu*king amazing.

YouTube HD
YouTube
Download

Warning, to run actual intro, you need at least 512MB of VideoRAM and 2GB of RAM.
Doesn't works on Se7en 64-bit.
Hey, graphics are 2 times better than LFS. 2kb LFS anyone?
Simply amazing, what a feat. Seriously!
That is absolutely stunning. Unfortunately I don't have a stable graphics card to view the real thing. but watching the Youtube video was all I needed to see.

As graphics become more advanced, I always figured they'd find simpler ways to render. but 4k for an intro file? DAMN THATS CRAZY SMALL.
None of it is hard to do it's just really well executed, although by old school demo standards one has to ask if it's really 4kb because it uses so many Windows resources.

The demo scene began because of squeezing pirate intro's onto the space left on 880kb disks that wasn't used by whatever game they where pirating, I have a lot of respect for the guys who carry it on just for the sake of it, but looking through the breakpoint videos, I don't think the 'scene' really has a purpose anymore, nobody is breaking new ground, and there's nothing I havn't seen before.

Even 4kb demo's are not new, the problem is, technology is so impressive these days that it has pretty much superceded the geeks ability to do impressive things with it.

(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG