The online racing simulator
Logitech G25 - Shifter Issues
Hi,

I'm having issues with the shifer. It's not being recognised by LFS, perhaps just the G25 itself.

I've done all the following:

- Restarted my computer, and it recognises the steering wheel. It goes from right to left and that's fine. Except, the shifter power light doesn't come on, when it normally does. That's the issue. It was working fine 2 days ago, I didn't use it since as I've been busy.

- The keys on LFS have been assigned to those gears, but the shifter ain't registering the gear changes in-game. Once again, shifter power light (green/lime light) isn't on, which I assume is the problem at hand.

- Have unplugged the usb and tried to re-detect. Steering wheel detected but shifter power light still not on.

- Re-installed the drivers

- Also, I did notice a Logitech update upon booting my computer which I updated. Assuming this was the problem, I reinstalled the original drivers from the cd. I even tried to go and roll back the drivers before reinstalling the original drivers, and there was no option to roll back. So not sure whether the Logitech update was related to the G25 as I have 3 Logitech products (Logitech Speakers, Mouse, Keyboard and G25).

- LFS option is set to SHIFTER, none other than that.

Anyone had this problem before? I'll seek help here before I contact Logitech. Also, I've done searches on here, but none relating to my specific issue at hand.

Thank you.
Have you checked if the shifter is plugged in to the wheel? Also, is the G25 being detected as a DFP? I had an issue that was similar to your description, but plugging the shifter to the wheel fixed my problem, the cable was loose.
Quote from Zipppy :Have you checked if the shifter is plugged in to the wheel? Also, is the G25 being detected as a DFP? I had an issue that was similar to your description, but plugging the shifter to the wheel fixed my problem, the cable was loose.

I'll double check the plug, haven't checked that but I'm pretty sure it's not plugged in.

If it is, you're the man

EDIT: Actually, you know what, I'm at work, but you're right. The cable MUST be loose, because I was eating on my desk, and I un-did the clamps on the steering wheel and moved it to the right (further away from the shifter so I could eat) and the cable was kinda short (tied it up to neaten the look of the cables) so I gently tugged it a bit.

Your theory is most likely correct.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG