The online racing simulator
good free FPS games that don't run down your system much.
does anyone know any good free fps games that will run on my 1.6ghz dual core computer with a intel graphics media accelerator 950?
i already have counter strike.
There was some random one from Nexon (I believe it's www.nexon.net) but can't remember exactly. I hear it's free but you'll inevitably have to pay for the cool things.. because it's Nexon.
Quote from S14 DRIFT :There was some random one from Nexon (I believe it's www.nexon.net) but can't remember exactly. I hear it's free but you'll inevitably have to pay for the cool things.. because it's Nexon.

That's Combat Arms. The NX weapons (weapons bought with real money) doesn't make much of a difference to me because the weapons are pretty much reskins of an existing weapon. Also, some of the NX weapon stats are a little better somehow than their non-paying counterparts but it's pretty negligible.

I quit playing because there used to be hackers all over the place (about 3 or more per room!). Now that Nexon took some action, there are less hacks but the whole community is still paranoid. Now thanks to the poorly implemented kick feature, the pros get kicked from the room because everyone else thinks they hack. So I don't bother playing any longer after coming back a second time.

Other games like Operation 7 are just knock-offs of Counter-Strike or something. Combat Arms was like a severly limited Call of Duty 4.

The only good free FPS in my opinion is Alliance of Valiant Arms (A.V.A) but that's Japan/Korea only and there is no sign of it going international yet.
Combat Arms rawks your socks!, I never get kick because I suck
^Exactly my point. I find Combat Arms SOOO much easier than Counter-Strike, even if CS had bigger head hitboxes than Combat Arms. There are pros here and there but generally there are a lot of noobs and bunnyhoppers. Since jumping has no slowdown effect, they couple that with high movement gear and a shotgun. I could hardly do a thing because the game is laggy and unsmooth server-wise. Shots don't register all the time either. The majority of them are sprayers too. Ever since Nexon released the HK416, spraying became really popular since the HK had sooo little recoil all you had to do was scope in with an ACOG or reflex sight, pull down slightly, and spray away. All 4-5 shots needed to kill the oponent will hit. And the gun fires fast so you'd be dead in a second.

In CS, I find that a lot of people are quite fast and very accurate. The moment you turn a corner, you die. And they spray very accurately... with an AK-47.
Mircosoft Flight sim will run on that, the basic game is cheap, but does take some space The demo is a hoot.
Quote from AtomAnt :Mircosoft Flight sim will run on that, the basic game is cheap, but does take some space The demo is a hoot.

FPS = First Person Shooter
#9 - G!NhO
Combat arms sucks sooooo bad, i tried it and you have to shoot like 30 bullets into someone before he dies and same goes for warrock.

Just try Wolfenstein enemy territory.
Soldier Front. Crappy graphics, but still decent. Lotsa people too.
Quote from only.one.RydeR :Soldier Front. Crappy graphics, but still decent. Lotsa people too.

LOOL

That game is the biggest piece of crap i have ever played.
Nexuiz.
Counter strike: Source maybe?

Insurgency: modern infantry combat, I LOVE IT

Played with Niko and he sucked big time. :lovies3d:
Counter Strike Source isnt free and eats up system resources big time if you havent got a descent processor, ram etc.
CS:S will run on a GMA950, although some maps with whatever lighting they have don't work. Still, as you say, not free.
i have source too but it won't run on my computer..
and niko, yes i know its 3rd person, but its still very fun
im downloading Insurgency: modern infantry combat, to see if it works ok, most likely it wont.
Try Nexuiz, foo.
Just play 1.6 like I do. The crappy and temporary computer I currently have can actually run it without any kind of lag, despite lacking a gra- hang on. No, it has one, but it sucks, that's the thing.

It's probably next to free by now, there are lots of servers, and it's quite entertaining
Quote from trebor901 :Counter Strike Source isnt free and eats up system resources big time if you havent got a descent processor, ram etc.

im running CSS on a pc that can only be compared to an etch-a-skech
urban terror is a one file download and is very fun with lots of multiplayer action, its our main school's LAN game
#22 - Woz
Urban terror is a great game. It is our works lunch time game as the work PCs dont have good GFX cards. Based on the Q3 engine.

My list of low demans fun FPS would be:

QuakeLive
UrbanTerror
Warsow (Quake3 crossed with Jet Set Radio)

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG