The online racing simulator
is rFactor worth €43??
(34 posts, started )
One thing that surprized me was that the namie/f3000 feels in some way like LFS/fox. Not that they are similar, but just the fact that it feels quite natural coming from LFS just moments ago. Of course it lacks some of the finess of the fox but still I consider it very well done for its small price tag (0€).

But one thing is sure. There will be at least one big moaning thread in RSC withing hours of the release about the physics/something. All those people who can't drive it after 5 mins of practise, sheesh

There are some quite big question marks about netkar (multiplayer, sounds, graphics, tracks, cars,...

It is little funny though seeing so many preordering the whole thing with the info only from rsc/kunos b-side forums/random screenies. I though before that I wouldn't be so easily cheated
I' d like to collect the rare Tristan-against-LFS-critics. It must be valious, they say it exists, but in fact has not been found yet.

Well, I'd like to say, again: if money is not a impediment, buy all. Otherwise, keep it to gtr2 or nkp, in accordance with your preference.
43 euros...I actually regret spending that much on something that didn't impress me enough to keep playing after a couple of days. Oh well, you live and learn! I'm going to splash 30 euros on nKPro, so we'll see how that goes...
Quote from Hyperactive :There are some quite big question marks about netkar (multiplayer, sounds, graphics, tracks, cars,...

It is little funny though seeing so many preordering the whole thing with the info only from rsc/kunos b-side forums/random screenies. I though before that I wouldn't be so easily cheated

Yeah, it feels like Kunos has something to hide... there are no real ingame videos and the trailer was too short and too suspicious. This means that players have faith in Kunos' work.

And I've bought it too.
Quote from nikimere :I'm thinking about buying it for the F3 mod, it looks pretty cool. Any comments?

Wait a week and try netKar Pro it's cheaper (36€) and I think it would be muuuuuch better

PD: And the dev is italian LOL (Just in case that counts for you)
Quote from Eldanor :PD: And the dev is italian LOL (Just in case that counts for you)

Probably not, he's from Ireland
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from thisnameistaken :I preordered it for three reasons:

1) It's probably going to be excellent.
2) It's an independent development effort, and indie developers deserve support - they're the future of innovative gaming.
3) It was pretty cheap

So THATS what indie means in developing - I thought it was an Oasis type programmer...
#33 - Vain
Indi means the same as in music.
Indi development was also the reason I bought Galactic Civilizations II. Oh, and also the fact that the devs of that game didn't include any copy protection. I just had to buy it. I literally wanted to give these guys my money.

Vain
#34 - JTbo
If it would be possible to make own car and tracks to LFS then I would not got rFactor, but as situation is like it is, I'm not using LFS almost at all now, as I'm working on modding rFactor.

It clearly is not same level of simulation, but it is enough good so I don't get annoyed by it.

So, maybe after 4 years or so we get possibility to mod LFS and then I can convert my work to LFS world, but before that I will be rFactor simmer and just seldom LFS'er

So to question is it worth of that money? Yes, it is IF you count value to numerous free addons and mods, but IF you look just what you get with basic package it is not worth of money as there is just cars that seem to miss lot of weight transfer and also seem quite little stuff to play with. Online racing is ok, but not near to LFS. Whole physics engine is missing something that is hard to define, so far only LFS have had it, I just call it weight of car, but it has lot more included.
But as there is so huge amount of stuff, almost every form of racing and nearly any track that has ever made for computer, it surely is worth of money...

is rFactor worth €43??
(34 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG