The online racing simulator
iTCC Round 4 - Protests
Please make your protests for Round 4 of the 2009 iTCC Touring Car Championship in this thread. You can make your protest by using the template below

iTCC Protest

Your Name:

Your LFS Username:

Protest Against: (LFS Username)

Type of Protest - Unfair Overtake or whatever)

Description - Your opinion of what happened)

Which Event / Session: (Quali or Race 1/2/3)

Attached Evidence - Attach your pictures, or other evidence

*You have until 0000 GMT Tuesday Night/Wednesday Morning to make your protest. (Replays will posted at about 1800 GMT tonight - 11 May 09)

I don't want any arguments in this thread, I will PM the drivers in question to get their comments before any decisions are made.

Decisions/Penalties will be posted in a seperate thread.

Cheers

Joe Keaveney

*Amended the deadline for protest submissions
Your Name: 33 B.Keough

Your LFS Username: DeadWolfBones

Protest Against: (LFS Username): Rudy van Buren

Type of Protest - Unfair Overtake or whatever): Unfair overtake.

Description - Your opinion of what happened): Rudy got a run on me exiting the next-to-last corner on the final lap. As we approached the last corner I could tell he was setting up an inside move. I held the low line to block, then moved to the outside to get a better corner entry. From fully behind my rear bumper entering the braking zone, Rudy braked extremely late and effectively used my car as his brake. This forced me wide, giving him second place. I do not feel that he could have made the corner without hitting me, even if I had taken a wider line. This is an overoptimistic pass attempt, in my view.

(As a side note, it sure looks in my screenshot of the finish, taken from the admin-furnished replay, that I'm very slightly ahead of Rudy at the s/f line. At best it's an even fight. I'm not sure what voodoo LFS uses to figure its finishing order, though.)

Which Event / Session: (Quali or Race 1/2/3): Final corner, final lap, race 3.

Decision

Keough leaves the door open for Van Buren, who naturally goes for the gap, Keough sees this and tries to slam the door shut, aiming his car for the inside wall. They touch and Van Buren takes the corner. As they come out of the corner, Van Buren is ahead with Keough slightly behind and to the outside. Keough steers into Rudy's car.

Warning to Keough for unsportsmanlike behaviour. This is Keough's 2nd warning of the season so he gets deducted 5 points from his championship points total.
This thread is closed

iTCC Round 4 - Protests
(2 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG