The online racing simulator
Rate my first lap
(28 posts, started )
Rate my first lap
Erm. Wow. You drove the car round the track. You recorded it and put it on the internet so that the whole world could see. You posted on a forum to tell people to go and watch. You asked people to tell you how great you are.

You're great. The greatest ever. 10 out of 10. 5 stars. 96%...
Seriously shoman, what answer do you expect?
your first lap in lfs ever? never drove an inch before?
I'm pretty sure he meant first lap on that track. Maybe even only car/track combo but then he should've made a faster lap.
and the FOX would no be available.:haha:
still trying to figure out the point of this thread!!!

watched the vid... it certainly doesnt look like his first lap as he knew the track pretty well.... if only every newbie was atleast that good lol......

id rate that lap a 4/10

car control was pretty gd... speed through corners was ok... bit slow through the chicane....

mad
Heh, surely it is not his first lap... he has over 1000kms of online racing...

To this lap shoman: If you didnt knew the track at all, very solid.... later u can be more faster in the corners, take more kerbs and so on... i will let pros to answer that..... but plz, post this to beginner section next time....
I rate this thread terrible instead. :mad:
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
He's American . . . .

Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave.
...oh wait...heey americkans arented ignerant!
:wave2:
Ok, if this REALLY was your first lap on that track, it's pretty good, but the way you took the corner after the bridge, I'd say you knew the track...

Rating: 3/10
Time's ok, but you really have wrong lines through the corners... If there had been a car side-by-side, I'd have understood this line, but you were alone on the track... And you clearly shifted wrong... A bit too much UF1000? Or why had you so much fear to shift to 5th?

Damn, forgot:
-
(deggis) DELETED by deggis
this isn't my first lap ever. I was really just looking for some pointers on what I could do to make myself faster...
If you want pointers where to go faster then post an actual hotlap, not the first lap on a track :doh:

It might be good studying the WR replays first, so you get an idea of lines and speed.
Quote from Funnybear :He's American . . . .

Just smile and wave boys. Smile and wave.

hahaha lol good one

sorry for th and some others
First thing for you to learn (applies to all tracks, not just this one): Learn to use the whole track... In this video, you used half of it at best... This allows you to go through the corners with more speed... I think this is your main mistake...

Gianni, are you changing your avatar every hour now? It's the third avatar this day...

Ok, I tried my first lap on this combo (with a setup I don't really like)... Anyways, even with many errors (underestimated braking power of the FOX, as usual - and cornered several times in wrong gear) I managed 2:33... Just by using the whole track... I won't post the replay though, as I messed up 2nd lap...
#19 - th84
Quote from GianniC :sorry for th and some others

i almost replied to that too, but then i considered the source!!
I want my 2:40.97 back.

Shoman, any other firsts you are planning to release to the world? First time alligator wrestling? First bullfight? First visit to Compton? I'd pay to see those.
Yet another person is subjected to the friendly attitude of the masses here at the official forums. I was going to reply this morning when there were no replies, but i deleted it as I didnt want to stir things up.

I thought the lap was good and the video was great...

@ ALL = I think thats all he wanted. It took about a minute to post that.
#23 - avih
it's decent, but nothing too fancy. you could take some corners way faster. you lose about 10s untill 1st split, another 8 or so till the 2nd split and another 5-6 on the last section. watch some sub 2.20 replays for better lines and speed. you will not be able to challenge a fast racer without more practice. i've seen much worse though, at least you keep the car on track which is something.

[edit]
Here's a replay i found of few 1.19.xx laps. there are much faster ppl around though, but you can still learn a bit by watching this one. enjoy.
[/edit]
Attached files
kylng-fox-1.19.04.zip - 1.2 MB - 173 views
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Quote from mkinnov8 :Yet another person is subjected to the friendly attitude of the masses here at the official forums. I was going to reply this morning when there were no replies, but i deleted it as I didnt want to stir things up.

I thought the lap was good and the video was great...

@ ALL = I think thats all he wanted. It took about a minute to post that.

He seems to have taken it in good humour. As we have given it in good humour. At least we got some nicer members of the community who have engaged with him.

It was slight open for abuse though. Wasn't it?
Quote from shoman24v :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nsGwQL2apA4

Rate my first lap on a scale of 1 to 10. I ran a 2:32 for the second lap which wasn't shown...

Wow!!!

When I Grow up I want to be just like U!!!!

Rate my first lap
(28 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG