The online racing simulator
Matching logitech momo & lfs turning range
Hi,

I'm wondering if lfs can be so configured that the wheel only turns 240 degrees in-game & not 900 degrees which seems to be the default.

I have a logitech momo [black] wheel which turns only 240 degrees. So I find it a bit unsettling when I have physically turned the momo x degrees, & the in-game steering wheel turns x+y degrees.

Basically, I've fiddled around with the turn compensation after having set the turning radius to 240 degrees, but have not achieved the one-to-one correspondence I desire.

Thanks. Much appreciated!
Guys, I have also gone through silverarrow77's guide on using the logitech momo with lfs, but still no luck. Any ideas?
Since your wheel is only 240 degrees then its not really going to be very good on road cars if you can only turn the 240/720 that they have available - your going to spin a lot.

Try setting the wheel compensation to 1, then the rotation to 240. This should match the start of your turn cycle quite well, but will give you the full range of steering towards the more ro...bla bla bla.

Just try that, you'll see what I'm trying to explain.
Quote from kidrow :Hi,

I'm wondering if lfs can be so configured that the wheel only turns 240 degrees in-game & not 900 degrees which seems to be the default.

I believe the answer to that is no, you cant. Unlike rFactor, you cant get the in game wheel to match the movement of your wheel without having a 900 degree wheel. (afaik... i always drive with wheel off)

Best thing to do.... turn off the in game wheel. You don't see two steering wheels in your real car do you?

And despite jacks warning, 240 degrees is no problem at all in the road cars. I raced LFS fairly successfully for over 2 years with only 240 degrees. I span no more or less than i do with 900 degrees, and you can save it far more easily if you do spin with a 240 wheel
Quote from The Moose :I believe the answer to that is no, you cant. Unlike rFactor, you cant get the in game wheel to match the movement of your wheel without having a 900 degree wheel. (afaik... i always drive with wheel off)

Best thing to do.... turn off the in game wheel. You don't see two steering wheels in your real car do you?

And despite jacks warning, 240 degrees is no problem at all in the road cars. I raced LFS fairly successfully for over 2 years with only 240 degrees. I span no more or less than i do with 900 degrees, and you can save it far more easily if you do spin with a 240 wheel

i think jack meant 240 deg of the in game wheel. so your wheel in game is only turning 240 deg of it's available 720
Quote from BenjiMC :i think jack meant 240 deg of the in game wheel. so your wheel in game is only turning 240 deg of it's available 720

Yeah this is what I meant - not where the 240 degrees is used for the whole of the car's 720 available lock.

It'd be like driving the XRT with 8 degrees of steering lock - your gonna spin unless your mega smooth.
Thanks for your replies. Sorry took a while to get back to you'll. Was away for a few days.

Well, I was hoping to get the wheel to behave the same way as in rfactor, but I guess there is no such option. I've set the wheel turn to 240 & the compensation to 1, but the handling still feels a bit weird. Also tried putting off the onscreen wheel, but still....

Another issue I'm now facing is the braking. It's too efficient. The car comes to a halt/slows down much sooner than I expect. This wasn't the case when I first installed LFS. So how do I dial down the braking?

Thanks.
The faster you slow the car down the better, but maybe you want to reduce brake force in car setups.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG