The online racing simulator
Logitech DFP and Momo Problems
(186 posts, started )
Quote from Ryosuke_Gunma :Oh my freaking god, this is seriously pissing me off. I couldn't play DFP correctly. It's turning so hard and it's so shaky from left to right. I'm using 900 degrees mode and I followed this option.
http://www.gtplanet.net/forum/ ... p=2178816&postcount=1

Gosh, hopefully can someone help me. This is so stupid.

I think i have an idea of what might be happening...

Try turning your wheel from lock to lock ingame to calibrate it.
DFP pedals
i dont know if im missing something completey obvious but i cant assign my pedals for the DFP and they seem to be permanently on full trottle and full brake so in some way it knows their there i just cant assign then to the brake throttle button options.

help anyone?
Did you try the invert button under the Axes/FF tab?
Hi guys

Maybe this as already been answered but i can't find it..

Can i use the F9 or F10 buttons on a wheel? E.G.: in G25, i wanna use the left button for the tyres (F9). Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks
Quote from Rocabiliz :Hi guys

Maybe this as already been answered but i can't find it..

Can i use the F9 or F10 buttons on a wheel? E.G.: in G25, i wanna use the left button for the tyres (F9). Is this possible? If so, how? Thanks

Logitech Profiler
Thanks m8!
Is there anyway to configure the DFP so the paddle shifts and the stick shifter are both in use at the same time?

Cheers.
I have major problems with my Logitech DFP wheel shaking during LFS which is doing me head in totally. I have read and tried everything on this forum and nothing seems to make any difference (reliably) at all except turning FF down to a level where its not fun to play. I find each time I play I need to tweak the settings in Wingman and LFS for over 30 mins, running this, running that, unplugging, reinstalling, checking etc to 'rarely' get it stable enough and just right to race. This has been going on for over a week now and the crazy thing is it seems to be completely random since last night it was as close to perfect as it gets but I plugged in again today and after 2 hours of on and off trying has been unplayable. I have never had this problem with any other Windows based or PS2 games with this wheel and am thinking the only solution is buying a wheel that is known to work flawlessly with LFS. Does anyone who has had this problem know a reliable fix (or technically speaking even why the wheel is thinking it needs to shake from side to side even stationary) or know of a quality type of wheel I can purchase that is just 'plug and play', has reasonably strong FF and is perfect for LFS with no need to keep tweaking every time I want to play?
I think I've finally found the solution to the common case of the wheel shakes (as above) Increase turning circle in both LFS to match what you have in Wingman (Tried from 90 - 180 - 270) Definately reduces it and you can pump up FF to a nice level. The smaller the turning circle the less FF you can have and vice versa. Much better now just need to understand wheel turn compensation better to tweak it once and for all. Hope this helps anyone who has what I described above
momo
hi..i have bought momo racing ffw and the second light on the wheel doesnt switch on!they told me this feedback....
why this light is off?all the cables are just fine ...
plz help
I never really looked at the LEDs (in fact I have some small pieces of tape to cover them since I think they're too bright). If you feel the FFB working, I wouldn't worry.

BTW my Momo just broke down on me. After only 1 week of use! I was driving just like normal when suddenly the FFB felt incredibly uneven. I thought I'd hit some invisible bump and ruined my suspension or something, but when I restarted it was still there. The smoothness of the resistance is gone, now it is very jagged and weird. And when I turn the wheel to it's maximum rotation I get this weird, continous humming sound. This doesn't only happen in game, but also on the Windows desktop. I've tried unplugging my power leads, changing the USB contact to the PC and turning the PC off and on, with no luck. I attached a video. To hear the sound I think you need to play it in Windows Media Player -- I couldn't hear sound in Winamp or VLC.

This was quite a let down. Here's my complete wheel history:

1) Bought my first wheel back in 2004. This was a crappy one with no force feedback or anything, but it was fun nonetheless. After a while it refused to let me turn to the right. So I returned it to the store in 2006. Thanks to the Norwegian laws the shop is required to provide an equal or better product in return if it breaks and they decide not to fix it. Since this wheel was out of production I got a

2) Logitech Formula Force EX in stead.

This kept going until about a month ago, when it started shaking uncontrollably when turning to the left or right more than 45 degrees. It was as if the FFB suddenly shut down for a fraction of a second before starting again with a loud bang, several times in a row. Totally unplayable. So I returned this to the store and got my

3) Logitech Formula Force EX # 2. And guess what? The exact same problem. This was the point where I had recently discovered LFS, so I was pretty annoyed that my new wheel didn't work either. But the guy at the store said it was a known issue and were happy to take it back. Then I decided I'd had enough of these wheels, and paid the extra $$ to get a

4) MOMO instead. This is the wheel that I've been using for the past week, with great success. Now I'm completely and utterly hooked to LFS, and the prospect of handing the wheel back to the store and waiting even further for a replacement really annoys me. But I see no other options.

I'm pretty pissed right now, as you can imagine.. is this just my bad luck, or do Logitech products generallly have a lot of errors??
Attached files
MOV01659.zip - 418.6 KB - 241 views
the brakes and the wheel still work fine though?
first thing, there is no 900 degree car in lfs, you can change it for 720 degree and it should be Ok !! , maybe change it to 540degree for GTR car, but i let it to 720 and i did'nt have any problem !!
Hi peeps.

I have MOMO Racing Wheel, and the problem is, like, the wheel is pretty damn good, but it haves just one problem, at least for me.
When i turn wheel pretty normal its ok, but when i make fast understeer ( Tur wheel from left side to right side or otherways ) it sticks. :/

Help ?
Do i need to make another stupid Topic to get some suggestions or ar least words ''I dont know'' ?
I don't know.
Is there a possibility to damage somehow a ffb wheel by increasing the ffb steps in the LFS config file to lets say 512? in a previous post in this thread i saw that someone sayd that if we increased the value from 128 to 256 the dfp would provide more feedback. My value was 256 not 128 so i increased it to 384, i'm not sure if its better so i was thinking to try 512 as the value for ffb steps?

I'm assuming it is some kind of ffb frame rate(in retrieving real time phisics information)...can some one explain what it is in concrete? and also wich values can we experiment and is it safe to do so?

Edit: i am using a dfp 900º

Thanks in advance
for some reason when i installed the logitech vista 32 bit drivers, my gas pedal was reconigzed as brake and the brake pedal didnt do anything. the wheel part worked perfectly but the pedals were a pain. before i installed the drivers, it worked perfectly. i pratically missed a event because of this :arge:

EDIT: Fixed. Found solotion in Wiki
I guess i got to post my problem here, but im about 90 percent sure, that noone will answer ... again.
Well, this really shocked me, lol.
After i raced about couple mins in CTRA server, i saw, that in to slow on straights ..
It was just so mutch that i started to think about something, that i saw months ago.
I turned on LFS Options / Controls / Axis .. AND YES! Ofcourse. Acceleration axis wasnt going for 100%, IMO some 90%. So im pretty dissapointed on my momo, and im very scared that it's not just profiler or patch problem.
Any suggestions ? I already downloaded some patch for pedals, it says that it fixes these problems, but nothing.
Please help guys.

Cheers, feat.
Bump :

Damn, guys. I'm so happy, that i fixed this problem.
Well, i could explain this for guys, which have the same problem.

Ok, the idea is to move deadzone a little bit to min.
So, we download DXTWEAK programm from wingmanteam.com and just play around with settings in ''Acceleration'' menu and here you go, viola !
YAY, back to racing streets.
Quote from nasoss :hi..i have bought momo racing ffw and the second light on the wheel doesnt switch on!they told me this feedback....
why this light is off?all the cables are just fine ...
plz help

I have a MOMO too i had that same problem but i fixed it here is how:

First make sure you have the newest logitech profiler installed.

Second thing is before you start playing lfs you have to change some settings in the logitech profiler first open it up then selec options > global device settings then after that put these settings:
Overall Effects Strength 101 %
Spring and Damper effects 0%
Then uncheck the option "Enble Centering Spring in Forcefeedback games and put the effect on 0 % and the last is uncheck the combined pedals option.

Then after that stat lfs go to options axes then you have to check that are your pedals inverted if you see that the brake and gas pedal are on full and your not pushing them press the invert button.

And thats all :laola:
Hi! does someone know why doesn't lfs detect my MOMO racing wheel's pedals at all. i can't put the buttons for accel of brake because it doesn't seem to find them at all or something, i tried to take a look at the logitech profiler but i couldn't find anything. can't finda anything from the wingman website either.

thanks in advance!
Did you set pedals as axis, not buttons ?
Then set them up @ Controller > Axis setup.

Logitech DFP and Momo Problems
(186 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG