The online racing simulator
Logitech DFP and Momo Problems
(186 posts, started )
Quote from kaynd :The pedal problem you describe may not be fixed by software. I had that too in my DFP (pretty same mechanism).
I found that, as a solution but I know that is not going to last for long.
Its the same problem with the accelerator pedal... http://web.axelero.hu/mozso/momo_e5.html

But the pedals still work fine after 2 months.

It's been since October of 2005 for me. For the axis tape fix. No problems what so ever. I have since had the holding nub on the potentiometer break on me. I superglued the pot in the holder and it's working flawlessly as well. I love my Momo. (Would rather have a G25, but I wouldn't replace the Momo with a DFP though.)
hello

i am looking for the picture of Logitech DFP in open box. i have to return the wheel back to shop, but i dont know how to fit all parts to the box

thanks for help
Quote from Ondrejko :hello

i am looking for the picture of Logitech DFP in open box. i have to return the wheel back to shop, but i dont know how to fit all parts to the box

thanks for help

Don't think they really care HOW you put it in the box, just try to fit everything in it
and if not dont bring the box back
Quote from KSheppard :I got the same problem...going down the straights it's kinda like a really loose tie rod. Also i have to hit [esc] after a race to chat so the wheel won't jerk left/right...Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!!!

I have the same problem also, and i realy cant find any "good" solution, alltough one thing that seemed to fix the thing was just simply turning off my logitech profiler, it doesnt twitch anymore, but i just cant see how this affects the game..

Not sure how helpfull this might be, but i think it might be worth trying atleast
Hmm... Im having doubts on the MOMO... It's like... 240 degrees of rotation are just too unrealistic... one small touch can mean all the difference in the world... Tho it's easy to catch a slide, but i rather race with 720 or 900 degrees instead. They're more...Real-life ^^
GT Driving Force Pedal Problems
Hi, i've just downloaded the demo of LFS, and i am using my logitech driving force pro wheel. This works perfectly with GTR as i have all the recent wingman patches. But for some reason the pedals do not function correctly, I have had to put up with a temporary fix, of using the accel pedal to reduce braking, and the brake pedal to increase it. Accel on the game is always at full. Is there anyway of making it so the accel pedal does the acceleration, and the brake pedal does the braking? Any help would be much appreciated
In the options menu, where you adjust your wheel settings, there should be a button to invert the axis, that would solve the problem of constant throttle. For the other things, I guess you have to assign the right axes and make you sure you got everything set up right, and when I say that, I'm thinking about split axes, make sure split axes is tagged in your driver, and then also see if it's correctly tagged in LFS. I could add a pic, but I'm laizy
Quote from mrodgers :My Momo always twitched when I first started running LFS (had Momo before LFS 2 yrs ago). I solved it by getting rid of the ridiculous 100%/100% FF in windows/LFS. I run 60%/35-50% in windows/LFS and it feels much more real and I feel more by using less. Folks complain about not feeling the curbs. I feel them. Other's don't feel them because of too high of FF setting and other stuff overpowering the suttle feelings.

So true. When it comes to FF, less is more. I use 100% in Windows and 30-40% in LFS, dedpending on a car.
Quote from sgt.flippy :In the options menu, where you adjust your wheel settings, there should be a button to invert the axis, that would solve the problem of constant throttle. For the other things, I guess you have to assign the right axes and make you sure you got everything set up right, and when I say that, I'm thinking about split axes, make sure split axes is tagged in your driver, and then also see if it's correctly tagged in LFS. I could add a pic, but I'm laizy

Managed to sort it out, thanks for your help
DFP button mapping
So ive come across a problem which i did not have before. Normally i have the F9-F12 keys mapped to the buttons on my DFP, and it has worked normally. Now it doesnt works anymore, and im not sure if its because of the new patch v or logitech profiler??
I tried remapping the keys in profiler a few different ways with no effect.. and the buttons on the DFP ARE in operation.

Any ideas?
dont know if this will help but...every now and then i get problems with the profiler and it helps to delete all the profile description files. i'm at work atm so i cant tell ya exactly where they live but I THINK -> c:/program files/logitech/profiler/games (or something similar to that) close the profiler before deleting and ALWAYS BACK 'EM UP FIRST! the default one should be recreated the next time you start the profiler...BE AWARE THAT THIS WILL MEAN YOU WILL NEED TO RE-MAP ALL THE PROGRAMMED KEYS.

The files you need to delete are pretty easy to find & identify but if in doubt DONT DO IT, wait till i get home & I'll post the exact files & their paths
You can delete the profiles through the profiler itself too...
Don't know what it's called in English, but the second pull down thingy on top, nexto "file..", there it says "delete".
true but will that delete the base file and force profiler to re-create a new one?
Quote from KSheppard :true but will that delete the base file and force profiler to re-create a new one?

No clue, my profiler is okay
Dad just had a momo problem, these are the files you gotta lose, anything that looks like this:

C:\Program Files\Logitech\WingMan Software\LWPGames.dat

1. BACK 'EM UP FIRST!!
2. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BUTTON PROGRAMMING...make a note of 'em.
3. LWP=LogitechWingmanProfile
Quote from sgt.flippy :You can delete the profiles through the profiler itself too...
Don't know what it's called in English, but the second pull down thingy on top, nexto "file..", there it says "delete".

I tried that but didnt work,, ill try the first suggestion.. makes sense that a more 'hardcore' delete would do it.

Ill follow up...........
Quote from KSheppard :Dad just had a momo problem, these are the files you gotta lose, anything that looks like this:

C:\Program Files\Logitech\WingMan Software\LWPGames.dat

1. BACK 'EM UP FIRST!!
2. YOU WILL LOSE YOUR BUTTON PROGRAMMING...make a note of 'em.
3. LWP=LogitechWingmanProfile

Yep.. that did it. Thanks!
First i exported the profiles (i have 3 for LFS, 270,540,720 degrees settings).. deleted the dat file.. and then i imported the profiles again, without remapping and it works fine!

Damn windows based software.. always have strange problems, like small children design the software, or maybe its just programmers on a caffeine-high who cant see straight
noproblemo!
can someone please help me... i have a logitech driving force wheel, when i go into lfs and configure the buttons the accelerator or the brake wont respond.

ps. sorry if my grammar is bad im terrible at puting sentences together
Are you sure that you've clicked on the button on top where it says "axes / FF"?
ya that worked... thanks alot
#99 - Jakg
it uses a USB plug so plugs straight into your PC
Help I Have Logitech G25 Wheel And I Cant Get It To Accept Pedals For Buttons Of Brake And Accelerate, Clutch On Wheel And Gearstick Work Please Help.

Logitech DFP and Momo Problems
(186 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG