The online racing simulator
Logitech DFP and Momo Problems
(186 posts, started )
Quote from Gunn :........
- Reducing movement around the pedal axle should reduce the action of pot lifting from its holder. Some people use a layer of thin tape to limit movement (see link in first post). This won't be a magic cure but should help to alleviate lateral pedal movement (an extra spring would be nice).

Maybe another approach in reducing the movement around the pedal's axle is the one on this site http://www.cockpitvirtual.com.br/mrffw.htm cut a little nylon block to fill the pedal's base holes.
Hello

My Problem is the pedal from my DFP with windows driver I can play the game but the function of my pedals are only digital.

so today I installed an driver from Logitech for another steering wheel but it has found my DFP!
Now I have the problem that the function of my pedals are disabled.

on other games I can play now with analog pedals it's no problem!
What can I do to get an analog function with LFS?

Stan

P.S. sorry but my english is more than bad
Hardcoremoscher Stan, follow this link, select your operating system and download/install the 4.60 drivers for Logitech controllers.

http://www.wingmanteam.com/lat ... ware/latest_soft_main.htm

Then someone else can tell you how to unlock the 900° rotation on the wheel. Or, search for "unlock 900 degree" on the forum. It's been explained before, but it is tough to search DFP here, there is a ton of discussions/threads about it.
Select+R3+Left shift paddle, toggle between normal (two blinks of leftmost LED) and older(?) softer FFB mode (one blink), i really recommend the softer one, much smoother.

Select+R3+Right shift paddle, instant toggle between 180? degrees and full 900, rightmost LED lights up at full 900 mode.

Best to set degrees in profiler tho.
Thanks
Now it runs

Stan
Dudes, if you're using a DFP do yourself a favour and change ffb steps from 128 to 256 in the LFS config file. Made my jaw drop how much more information I'm getting back from force-feedback. My DFP always felt sort of stiff despite dialing the force down, but that small adjustment changed it all.

My control panel settings are the usual: overall 50%, spring 0%, damper 0%, centering spring enabled but set to 0%
#32 - beep
I have a very weak or even no force on my new DFP when the wheel is on center position. When I start to turn the wheel about 15 degrees to the right or left the force starts to feel as it should be. In other games like RBR or rFactor it is the same.

I never had such issues with my previous Thrustmaster FF wheel.

Have you ever had such problem as mine and if so is there a way to fix it?
Ive had my MOMO since December (got it from my wife for my b-day)

I have not had a single problem out of it. even the pedals! maybe i just lucked out and got all the good parts off the assembly line huh? thanks for
all of this information this will help me out in the long run.
Quote from beep :I have a very weak or even no force on my new DFP when the wheel is on center position. When I start to turn the wheel about 15 degrees to the right or left the force starts to feel as it should be. In other games like RBR or rFactor it is the same.

I never had such issues with my previous Thrustmaster FF wheel.

Have you ever had such problem as mine and if so is there a way to fix it?

I have something close to that but mine feels fine for the first 15-20 degrees then it's as if I'm turning a truck the FF feels as if it's gone to max.

I have FF set to 50 thats about as low as I can go and keep self centering working. I suffer from RSI at times and the wheel is to stiff for me to use so the game is not really used.

I don't have this problem with any other game, I've gone through this with many people but no amount of in game settings fix the problem.

This happens on both PC's and if it was the wheel I would expect problems with other games and I've tried most of them and they're all fine.
Sticky break pedal
I am having a problem with my break pedal on my MOMO, it seems to be sticking on 12% in use after about 1/2 hour of play. It seems to be OK if I unplug it from the USB port and then plug it back in for about 1/2 hour but then it starts sticking again. Does anyone know if theres a fix for this.
Many Thanks
My red MOMO Force looses wheel calibration after crash to a wall or really fast steering movements ( =heavy ffb effects? ). One full turn from max left to max right will solve this, but that's not the wisest thing to do in the middle of the race. I remember races where I've driven over 10 laps my wheel pointing 90 degrees off center

I've been having this problem about for a year now, but it keeps worsening as mileage grows.
?its ok?
Quote from spankmeyer :Dudes, if you're using a DFP do yourself a favour and change ffb steps from 128 to 256 in the LFS config file. Made my jaw drop how much more information I'm getting back from force-feedback. My DFP always felt sort of stiff despite dialing the force down, but that small adjustment changed it all.

My control panel settings are the usual: overall 50%, spring 0%, damper 0%, centering spring enabled but set to 0%

I've tried that and I can't say I notice much, if any, difference. What do the numbers refer to?
Cleaning the Pots
Two little tricks that have seen these pedals keep working after more than 50,000 miles. To Clean the pot, remove pot and where the spindle of the pot joins the body, apply one or two drops of ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL ( commonly found in any VCR Head Cleaning kit). A Q Tip soaked with the same is good for removing any skin oil or foreign dirt, also, to ensure minimum movement of the pot where it inserts into pedals, you can put a piece of electrical tape on the end of the pedal shaft and make an X cut where the little HALF MOON cut out for the pot is, then gently push the pot back into the pedal shaft.

Easy and works well.
Hmmm.... anyone have problems with dog hair getting in their DFP pedals? I just wanna know if this will be a problem. And, whenever I spin, It is really hard to recover.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Another problem: If I turn my wheel one direction about 70 degrees and let go, it will start rotating from side to side and it will go faster and faster. This makes it hard to control sometimes.
Quote from wheel4hummer :Another problem: If I turn my wheel one direction about 70 degrees and let go, it will start rotating from side to side and it will go faster and faster. This makes it hard to control sometimes.

Set your force strength lower.
#43 - RX-7
alright i have a logitech momo racing (black), im seeming to have alot of troubles with the in-game steering, i turn my wheel the littlest bit and it full locks, the wheel isnt old, not even a month old so i dunno if its something to do with the wheel or game, i dunno but its annoying me... can any1 help ?
Turn your wheel lock to lock in the Controls menu on game start.
FFB Problem with patch U
I use logitech formula force gp, and i'd been very pleased with it.
Somehow it did not feel OK recently so i rather switched FF off. having driven patch Q yesterday for some tweakin.......the old smooth FF came alive again, i was amazed how supreme the "feeling of the car" was.

I realized, that somehow since patch U my wheel is not working properly...
I cannot adjust force and centre linearity so smoothly as before and
even more anoying, that the force seems to black out, meaning it can swithc off and on occasionally ingame even going through high speed bends :ambulance

any clues on this?
Hi all
I think I got a problem with my Momo Racing pedals . As the easiest way to explain something is to show the problem , I made a small video in lfs, so you can see what is the problem. The brake pedal goes up smoothly, but the throttle is just crazy :S
take a look at the vid please, and help me what to do with it ,please !
Thx in advance !
Attached files
Pedal Problem.rar - 203.1 KB - 306 views
@510N3D
Thx, it is still under warranty, so i'll take it back I hoped it wont be necessary, but oh well
( maybe they will say , that they no longer produce MOMO Racing so they will send me that G25 wheel )
Quote from MataGyula :@510N3D
Thx, it is still under warranty, so i'll take it back I hoped it wont be necessary, but oh well
( maybe they will say , that they no longer produce MOMO Racing so they will send me that G25 wheel )

try the hotline and i bet you get some new for free. I know some that did with success
When I first switch on my computer, my DFP turns from lock to lock(2 1/2 turns each way I think) then it turns 90 degrees left, then 180 degrees right, then back to centre. I presume this is normal, but what follows is not.

I am in a race, I exit the pits, turn left, the wheels stops working, it switches off completely, then it does exactly what I outlined above, it eventually centers itself again, then the lights go off. It does this AGAIN, sometimes it does it anywhere up to 4 times, this can happen as soon as I join a game, or 100 yards infront of the finish line on the last lap.

I can honestly say that my DFP ownership thus far has been absolutely shit, it caused my computer to blue screen the very first time I tried to use it, it resets 3-4 times every hour or so, its just so ****ing annoying.

If ANYBODY else has this problem please help me, i've tried the logitech support site, but the DFP is not listed in the dropdown boxes for the steering wheels.

PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME.

Logitech DFP and Momo Problems
(186 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG