The online racing simulator
A few noob questions about Licenses.
Hello LFS Community.

I recently just purchased a new G25 and I really want to get into this great game. I have played the demo very briefly before with a keyboard and it was horrid.
Now that I have a actual steering wheel pedals and shifter this is the best racing sim I have ever played.

I want to get full use out of this game.

Is the best option to buy the 'S2' for $32 to get all the cars and tracks and such? Is that all I need?

What about modding?
1.Can I mod the demo and play with faster cars before buying the 'S2' License?
Also.
2. Am I able to add custom cars to the game? Or do custom cars 'over-write' already existing cars?
Lastly.
3. Is it possible to add custom made circuits to the game?

Thanks in advance.

(& I apologize if this is in the wrong section or has been asked before)
first question yes buying S2 will be your best bet
modding questions, no to all 3
Quote from H22BB1 :Hello LFS Community.

I recently just purchased a new G25 and I really want to get into this great game. I have played the demo very briefly before with a keyboard and it was horrid.
Now that I have a actual steering wheel pedals and shifter this is the best racing sim I have ever played.

I want to get full use out of this game.

Is the best option to buy the 'S2' for $32 to get all the cars and tracks and such? Is that all I need?

What about modding?
1.Can I mod the demo and play with faster cars before buying the 'S2' License?
Also.
2. Am I able to add custom cars to the game? Or do custom cars 'over-write' already existing cars?
Lastly.
3. Is it possible to add custom made circuits to the game?

Thanks in advance.

(& I apologize if this is in the wrong section or has been asked before)

S2 lisence is worth every penny mate

1. There are tools, LFSTweak to mod the car values, but it's for lisenced users only, or to say it a other way only lisence users will be able to use it.
2. No. That's the easy and right way to say it. There are people out there that has made custom cars and such, but it's both against the wish and rules from the devs aswell that it's against forum rules to speak about it.
3. No. The devs has stated that maybe in the future they will release their tools they used to create cars and tracks, but for now it's not possible to add new tracks to the game.
Thanks for the super fast responses.

Kinda stinks there is limited modding. But I will still definitely buy it.
Atleast online races will be challenging.
Good luck
Quote from H22BB1 :Kinda stinks there is limited modding.

That doesn't stinks.

Btw, don't forget to get Lynce's reflection pack, Lynce's custom interiors and spenter's custom interiors, and also lfs-database hi-res track pack.
Better to post in the beginners' forum.

With S2 some mods are possible:
There is a layout editor with LFS (unavailable in the demo) that allows adding objects on the tracks - ramps, barriers, cones, tyre stacks...)

There is an application - external, with a licence check - that allows modding cars specifications, but not their aspect, as described in another post.

Many addons and minor modifications do exist - check in the appropriate section of this forum. Also available in the demo.
Well said Mille

Take a look in the texture forums, a lot of good stuff there.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG