The online racing simulator
Windows 7 Release Candidate
(73 posts, started )
Microsoft has announced a few hours ago the preview of the Windows 7 Release Candidate for the beta-testers.

The Release Candidate will be available on this link http://www.microsoft.com/windo ... dows-7/beta-download.aspx on May 5 (PST) via Microsoft's Customer Preview Program for everyone who wants to download it.

Attached images
Windows 7 Release Candidate.png
#2 - Migz
Whats the difference between this and the beta?
There are plenty of changes, and you can check all of them out here:
http://blogs.msdn.com/e7/
I've read through most of them and it sounds good.
Anyway, since it's not-finished software, it's always good to have everything up-to-date to assure everything is working.
Does this mean anyone can download and use it then or? Didn't really see a mention of it
"As with the Beta, the Windows 7 RC Customer Preview Program is a broad public program that offers the RC free to anyone who wants to download it."

It'll be available to download from May 5 (PST) to "at least through June 30, 2009,"

People who download the Windows 7 RC will be able to use it for free until [not publicaly announced].

This page that went up early says the RC will be available until June 1, 2010.
The Beta will be available until August 1, 2009.
ermmmm you could get it from about 2 weeks ago, installed it could not tell the difference from 7000 so i got rid off it, for anyone who has got the RC you might wanna check this feature out.

http://www.vista123.net/conten ... ackage-installer-download
Attached images
capturea.png
Quote from rc10racer :ermmmm you could get it from about 2 weeks ago, installed it could not tell the difference from 7000 so i got rid off it, for anyone who has got the RC you might wanna check this feature out.

http://www.vista123.net/conten ... ackage-installer-download

This thread is not about leaked torrent downloads for Windows 7 RC, it's about the official Windows 7 RC download and keys directly from Microsoft, which will be available broadly on May 5 as far as us Beta-testers were informed. Or do you know any other official way to get it (apart from MSDN and TechNet Plus)?

By the way, thanks for sharing this virtual machine, it's amazing
Quote from Velociround :This thread is not about leaked torrent downloads for Windows 7 RC, it's about the official Windows 7 RC download and keys directly from Microsoft, which will be available broadly on May 5 as far as us Beta-testers were informed. Or do you know any other official way to get it (apart from MSDN and TechNet Plus)?

By the way, thanks for sharing this virtual machine, it's amazing

The beta keys from 7000 beta still work with the 7100 RC release so there is no problem with that, also about the torrent microsoft are not assed because the more people get ahold of this the better for them because the better product at the end of the day equals more sales for them.
Anyone else having problems to install Macromedia Flash on IE8 after installing Windows 7 RC?
Looks nice, boots quickly, but on my netbook (eee pc 1000, Atom/SSD), it feels a bit unresponsive compared to XP. But otherwise its nice if your not trying to actually do anything.
Getting there, but still finding some annoyances.

I cannot get Pidgin to sign into MSN on the 64bit version, it works fine on the 32bit version on my netbook.

They have removed the ability to output sound to the speakers and SPDIF simultaneously, bloody idiots.
Please dont tell me that i have to backup my 500+gb of music so i could install the new version?
Quote from hazaky :Please dont tell me that i have to backup my 500+gb of music so i could install the new version?

What? Just don't reformat teh HDD.
Quote from hazaky :Please dont tell me that i have to backup my 500+gb of music so i could install the new version?

Nope, we won't tell you that.
In addition, you don't have to install it at all!
Just create a new partition of 30gb (20gig for 32bit) should do it.
For people who can't install Flash Player on Internet Explorer 8 (for whatever reason it is), I've found a way to make it work:

http://bugs.adobe.com/jira/browse/FP-1780

My problem was IE8 wouldn't install or download Flash Player (but Opera installed it correctly), so I downloaded the Manual Flash Player Installer for IE, installed it and it worked.
Quote from Bean0 :Getting there, but still finding some annoyances.

I cannot get Pidgin to sign into MSN on the 64bit version, it works fine on the 32bit version on my netbook.

For anyone having signin issues with MSN/Pidgin, tick 'Use HTTP Method' in the options and it works

After a few days of use now, I quite like Windows 7, apart from the previously mentioned new sound feature.

Seems nice and zippy doing most things, and everything so far that i used in XP works fine in 7.
Quote from Fuse5 :Nope, we won't tell you that.
In addition, you don't have to install it at all!

I have to ... And, dont be mean like that
Quote from Shadowww :Simplier fix - use browser instead of Internet Exploder.

I wouldn't be bothered to fix it if I didn't need IE. I use Opera for everything, but since Steam uses IE as its browser I need IE working to watch youtube videos and browse through flash websites in my games.
Quote from Velociround :I wouldn't be bothered to fix it if I didn't need IE. I use Opera for everything, but since Steam uses IE as its browser I need IE working to watch youtube videos and browse through flash websites in my games.

Aw, yeah. Steam needs support of Gecko or WebKit.
Said it earlier and saying it again, I really enjoy using W7. Most of my time in front of a computer is spent using Leopard or Tiger but W7 feels like a winner.
So I burnt 7100 on a DVD and booted from it on my Aspire 8390G. Selected a clean install and planted it on a primary partition. 10 mins later the expanding of files was still at 0%, any idea if I have a problem or it just takes very, very long for progress to be seen?
Quote from Krane :I think he was referring to Windows 7 nuking your mp3s - Warning: Windows 7 beta could corrupt your MP3s

If so, there's no need to worry. This bug's been fixed on the beta's first day out, and it was downloaded by Windows on Windows Update during the installation (it's the last step of windows installation: update on the internet) even before you could start windows for the first time, so it definitely wasn't a problem for people who let windows update.

(73 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG