The online racing simulator
Youtube on Firefox!
(46 posts, started )
Youtube on Firefox!
Is it me or is anyone else having problems with Youtube watching on Mozilla Firefox? I am using version 3.0.10. Every single time I try to use Youtube with Firefox it says "An error occured, please try again later". Does anyone know how to fix this?
I have not that problem. However I struggle with the performance on youtube with firefox. Lags like hell on HD movies, but in IE it works like charm.
#3 - CSU1
That is the latest version

A quick way to test (if you are on windows) is to create a new user account and see if you still can't use youtube.

Or' click on 'tools' and post the results of the error console...
#5 - sam93
Zeug, that browser is shit. Crawl back to your cave with that browser
From what i heard its common problem.
Also had it and in my case update of flash fix it.
Just update flash player not only for FF but IE also don't know why but till i updated IE problem didn't disappear in FF
I heard it because FF uses same modules as IE
Anyway update any flash, java, directX all you can find on your computer
This will help

Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger
Cliffhanger

probably
Quote from The Very End :I have not that problem. However I struggle with the performance on youtube with firefox. Lags like hell on HD movies, but in IE it works like charm.

Hmm... have to test other browsers. I even struggle playing smoothly the new HQ (fmt=35, 900 kbps instead of 512 kbps in fmt=18), not to mention HD vids. Altough I've always thought it's just my computer becoming too ancient.
#9 - wild
I've had this problem on Opera as well, although it's only on certain videos. So I'm unsure whether it's browser related or Youtube. I'd probably put my money on Youtube though. As someone has previously said try updating your flash etc.. maybe that will do the trick!
Google chrome is also doing it , well it is to me anyway. Usually if i refresh the page a few times and after a couple of goes it usually loads up ok.

If it won't load by refreshing or anything, i just add the &fmt=18 tag onto the end of the url and bang, it loads perfectly straight away in HQ.
I dont have any problem with opera,but i did have with firefox
Quote from shaun463 :Is it me or is anyone else having problems with Youtube watching on Mozilla Firefox? I am using version 3.0.10. Every single time I try to use Youtube with Firefox it says "An error occured, please try again later". Does anyone know how to fix this?

Same 'problem' here. using 3.5 Beta 4

Quote from The Very End :I have not that problem. However I struggle with the performance on youtube with firefox. Lags like hell on HD movies, but in IE it works like charm.

No problem with that, might be some hardware-ish thing, because FF uses more blabla, dunno
#14 - Migz
Quote from Bose321 :Same 'problem' here. using 3.5 Beta 4

No problem with that, might be some hardware-ish thing, because FF uses more blabla, dunno

What is this? Is it expensive? Can i upgrade it?
What are you on about?
I meant, FireFox 'asks' more of your CPU/GPU(??) when playing HD vids, or just badly coded/bug. Dunno. I just couldn't be bothered to say it, im lazy.
My brother seems to have found a plugin to fix it but I don't know the name of it!

i have the same problem but im pretty sure it doesnt have to do anything with my pc specs.. (quacore here).

but on some "special" sites () i have this problem with IE, too. didnt try youtube with it so far..
I got a computer that can run crysis on 40FPS stable, if it canot run a youtube video on 20FPS it's something wrong
Quote from The Very End :I got a computer that can run crysis on 40FPS stable, if it canot run a youtube video on 20FPS it's something wrong

lol +1
I have this problem with IE 8.0.

I can only watch a few movies on youtube untill i start getting the same error on most of the videos.
I am getting very fed up of having to load IE 8.0 to watch ANY Google / Youtube videos!
Also, shouldn't they merge Google Videos and Youtube?
fail, for me HD video on YouTube works even on netbook with GMA950 card, which has 1.337 to 3.1337 fps in Crysis

I think it's Adobe®© Flash®© related problem.

Btw, guys, maybe you use Flash v.9? It doesn't supports HD rendering natively. Upgrade to Flash 10.
In case IE work fine with vids you my check "IE tabs" plugin for Firefox.
Its help in case when site is not being properly displayed in firefox but work in IE.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en/firefox/addon/1419?id=1419 altough i dont know is it work for vids, I will check later.
But still it must have plugin.
Quote from Shadowww :fail, for me HD video on YouTube works even on netbook with GMA950 card, which has 1.337 to 3.1337 fps in Crysis

I think it's Adobe®© Flash®© related problem.

Btw, guys, maybe you use Flash v.9? It doesn't supports HD rendering natively. Upgrade to Flash 10.

But I though I had upgraded to Flash 10.. Well, I'll double check that when I come home today, since I do not trust my memory.
Quote from The Very End :But I though I had upgraded to Flash 10.. Well, I'll double check that when I come home today, since I do not trust my memory.

I think you updated ActiveX module to 10, but there is different plugin for firefox.

Youtube on Firefox!
(46 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG