The online racing simulator
Need Help... (again:P)
(7 posts, started )
I was wondering what is the main difference between the "skin" and the "skin_x" folder? every skin I have downloaded from here i have put in the "skin" folder... but i have the feeling that some of them arent appearing in the game.. what is this? So do I put skins in "skins" or "skins_x"?? illepallillepallillepallillepall
If You put a skin in the skins folder, than U can use it as Your own . Into the skins_x folder LFS downloads the skins automaticaly form LFS World / so U can't use them as long as U dont put them into the skins folder
Just for reference: U = you

When you create an own "car color" (the left bit in the garage) you can assign a skin to it. Now on the skin selection screen, all skins from your "skins" folder get listed. The seperation is simply a measure to prevent cluttering up this skin selection screen with thousands of skins you don't want to use anyways. Both skins from "skins" and "skins_x" will be used ingame to show other car's skins, so it doesn't matter where you put them. Skins you want to use put in "skins", all other to "skins_x".

Phew, that paragraph had a severe overuse of the word "skin"
hmm...
yeah.. but my friend told me that i could copy all the skins from skins_x to skins... then I found some great skins in the game and started drifting online... then everybody freaks out becouse they "owned" that skin...
#5 - Vain
It's their work, isn't it?
When you want to use someone's skin, ask them before you use it. And better: Ask them wether you can use their skin as a basis for an own skin, and edit the skin so your looks a good bit different. That helps recognizability.

Vain
Just for your information, do not ever use other peoples team skins or personal skins. Not as stock or as modified. People put huge amount of time to make something artistic (I spent around 10 hours on my last FOX team skin) and don't want to see them being used by someone who isn't authorised to do so. If you would have used the forum search, you would notice there is already a thread (or two) about this matter.

Skins_x folder is there for a reason, which is to keep downloaded/personal skins apart from YOUR personal skins so you wouldn't be able to use them.
Difference between public and team skin is that if someone posts the skin file (the actual skin, not a preview pic) e.g. here it means it's a public skin. If someone posts a team skin and doesn't mention it's not for public use then it's the author's problem.

(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG