The online racing simulator
How to load a 3D model in Photoshop?
(12 posts, started )
Hi, I want try to paint a car in Photoshop in 3D mode, but I don't know how to convert LFS models to 3Ds or something that can to be open by Photoshop.

What I need?

Thanks.
in max: file/export/ change the type of the file to .obj or .3ds, then you can open in photoshop, but you need a lots memory for it
I have 4Gbs RAM, no problem. So, another alternative to a 3Dstudio? Or only can to do with 3Dstudio?

Thanks
Quote from Napalm Candy :I have 4Gbs RAM, no problem. So, another alternative to a 3Dstudio? Or only can to do with 3Dstudio?

Thanks

no, you can use other program, just import them to the correct file type, or search here for the obj files, i think these are in the scenes/materials section
You can do that with Blender or ZModeler too.
I just donwloaded Zmodeler2, but now I don't know what file is the 3D model of the car. Where is?
Lol. Depends where you saved it.
LoL

It is too hard to explain how to convert a LFS car to 3Ds format?

First. Where hell is model 3D car, what is the extension

Second. How I can load to Zmodeller to save it after in 3Ds format
Oh, you just need to convert car into .3ds format?
Download 3D Studio Max trial (version 7 or 8), import LFS car using CMX Importer and then export it into .3ds.
I don't found trial for 7 or 8, I downloaded 9, but can't to import CMX files... version 7 or 8 will do?
Yes, with special import plugin which is here on forum.
I loaded the obj-files from "kurent" (see this thread)

Can someone explain how to map a texture to the 3d-model? I opened the obj-file in Photoshop but i dunno how to load/create a texture for it, which can be used in lfs.
anyone??

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG