The online racing simulator
Squash ball mod for DFP?
(17 posts, started )
Squash ball mod for DFP?
I've looked, but can't find a specific guide for modding the DFP's brake pedal using the squash ball technique. Can anyone help with a link or by describing how it's done?

Also, I love the DFP, it's transformed the game. My P.B. is still only 1.34.14 though! Anyway, I have a slight issue with the wheel in its central position...there seems to be a few degress either way where there is no resistance or force feedback, and it clunks when it hits the resistance again. Not a major problem but it would help the realism if there were constant resistance in the central positions.

Thanks for your comments.
Not long time ago i tryed to put a squashball under my DFP brake pedal.
-right under the pedal arm. - didnt even had to open the pedal box.

...it seemed to work fine but the squash ball could not hold its position
and managed to "crawl" to much under the pedal arm so i could not floor it.

...so i removed it again.
Quote from bo-kristiansen :Not long time ago i tryed to put a squashball under my DFP brake pedal.
-right under the pedal arm. - didnt even had to open the pedal box.

...it seemed to work fine but the squash ball could not hold its position
and managed to "crawl" to much under the pedal arm so i could not floor it.

...so i removed it again.

... and then u had lunch
:leb:
hm does the mom squashball mod work with DFP?
If you can fit a squashball under the pedal (cut in half or slightly more than half), then it will work.
It works. I've got 3 under my pedal in my DFP. Pressure builds up nicely.
Quote from Tony Pearce :It works. I've got 3 under my pedal in my DFP. Pressure builds up nicely.

3? What did you do, cut them all and stack them up? Interesting idea there.
No, They're in the hole under the pedal. They just fit one on the left, one on the right and one between. I just shoved em all in there and it works pretty good. It'll do till I get some Frex anyhoo
Hello Tony!
Can you post a photo of modded dfp pedals?
Thanks!
mlucky
Attached images
DSC00338.JPG
There is the necessity to re-calibrate the pedals to compensate the run reduced of the brake pedal? How you have resolved?
Thx!
mlucky
I just shoved em in there (one on each side of the pedal and one in the middle) then unplugged the wheel and plugged it back in.

After that, every time i'm in in the pits i do a full range check of wheel, and pedals before leaving. Old habbit from GPL

I'm getting ECCI soon so that'll take away the need for that :P
I just shoved a squash ball under my pedals.
Quote from Tony Pearce :I just shoved em in there (one on each side of the pedal and one in the middle) then unplugged the wheel and plugged it back in.

After that, every time i'm in in the pits i do a full range check of wheel, and pedals before leaving. Old habbit from GPL

I'm getting ECCI soon so that'll take away the need for that :P

Thanks!
mlucky
I bought balls (black, 2 dot balls) for to test this "mod" but it didn't feel good at all. I didn't replace the spring, just cut it smaller and then put it under the pedal. It felt really unaccurate and too heavy. And the pedal's movement range would be 1/3 smaller with the ball under it, that wouldn't be a good thing. My acceleration pedal is very light, almost no resistance but feels better than with the ball mod... or then I just didn't try it properly?

Some days ago I found out that the throttle pedal's movement is "spikey" but it seems like the more I use the pedal the better it works. Maybe just dust there or something.

Squash ball mod for DFP?
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG