The online racing simulator
old vs new games
(35 posts, started )
Quote from tikshow :play wii tenis, it's almost looks like that

Wii doesn't have good graphics
Quote from Electrik Kar :Heh, well I knew Portal was by the same people, but I never thought that they were looking for a job at Valve - from what I understood, Valve approached them to redo N Drop in the Source engine.

i dont know either who approached whom but whichever way it worked narbacular was part of their portfolio which in turn was the reason why they got hired

Quote from Crashgate3 :I'm definitely a 'new game' person. I used to love my NES and played the games to death, and so a year or so ago bought one from Ebay. All those old games I used to love?

Dull. Very, very dull.

One thing I definitely believe is that games are a *lot* easier these days.

iirc you liked crysis so your oppinion doesnt count
I played carmageddon (with the splat pack ) for ages and ages when it first came out. I did the same with carma 2 and years later, Seduction of Destruction (SoD), a remake of carma2 using banger racing cars and tracks, but i never really got onto tdr2000.

I also loved quake, the original 1996 quake. I had many of the different patches to go with it as well, including killer quake, borg quake, FVF quake, GLquake (i bought a voodoo card and thought it was the best thing EVER!) plus many others i have forgotten.

I did briefly manage to find the CD with it all on not long ago but i cant get it to run on Xp as the OS it too 'new' apparently. Bloody shame.
#33 - shim
Quote from danthebangerboy :I played carmageddon (with the splat pack ) for ages and ages when it first came out. I did the same with carma 2 and years later, Seduction of Destruction (SoD), a remake of carma2 using banger racing cars and tracks, but i never really got onto tdr2000.

I also loved quake, the original 1996 quake. I had many of the different patches to go with it as well, including killer quake, borg quake, FVF quake, GLquake (i bought a voodoo card and thought it was the best thing EVER!) plus many others i have forgotten.

I did briefly manage to find the CD with it all on not long ago but i cant get it to run on Xp as the OS it too 'new' apparently. Bloody shame.

try using nQuake (need the orig files for it to work)
#34 - JJ72
NFS1 didn't support analog control (as far as i remember), it was ALOT of fun.....I love point to point racers and back then it was ground breaking.

i generally like modern games but NFS is definitely an exception, in my opinion it peaked somewhere between NFS4 and NFS5.
NFS1 was the first racing game I played on my computer (ignoring Pole Position and Stunts on the C64, which wasn't my computer) and I used an analog joystick and later on, my Thrustmaster T2 wheel.

old vs new games
(35 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG