The online racing simulator
Logitech G25 and banned
(15 posts, started )
Logitech G25 and banned
Sitting there on the line on ConeDodgers 1 on AS3. FXR so I'm on the limiter building the turbo up. Proper concentrating on the lights and I smash the paddle shift with my fingers and somehow it goes from N to 1-N-R and I cause a 6 car pile up behind me and I get vote banned for 12 hours.

Is this possibly a bug with the G25 as I've read it somewhere before I believe?

Cheers.

-
(bunder9999) DELETED by bunder9999
lol that sucks hard. ive never had this problem but i dont use the paddles unless im in the bf1 so im not much help am i
Quote from DeclanJ :Sitting there on the line on ConeDodgers 1 on AS3. FXR so I'm on the limiter building the turbo up. Proper concentrating on the lights and I smash the paddle shift with my fingers and somehow it goes from N to 1-N-R and I cause a 6 car pile up behind me and I get vote banned for 12 hours.

Cheers.

i've heard of weird double shifts, but mine's never done that.
Quote from DeclanJ :Sitting there on the line on ConeDodgers 1 on AS3. FXR so I'm on the limiter building the turbo up. Proper concentrating on the lights and I smash the paddle shift with my fingers and somehow it goes from N to 1-N-R and I cause a 6 car pile up behind me and I get vote banned for 12 hours.

Cheers.

If you hit them hard enough I guess it could push the other side as well.
Although i don't have a G25, i have heard that this can happen when the gear paddle internals get worn, so when you let go of the paddle quickly (especially if shifting roughly) this sudden release of the paddle causes the internals of the wheel to bounce slightly.

The jolt of the paddle being suddenly released can cause the contacts on other paddle to move inside the wheel, therefore completing the circuit and selecting a different gear when you didnt even touch it.

This could well be the cause of this particular incident, as you mentioned you 'smashed' the paddle shift.

If you whacked it into 1st then let go of the paddle completely, the bounce of the paddle returning could well have caused an unintentional shift, which would fall in with what you said happened.

You slammed it into first, it bounced and went into neutral then into reverse.
#6 - Jakg
The G25's paddles is one single metal plate going through both sides - flick it right and you can do what you had - it's annoying but the lesson is to be gentle...
When i just had my G25 i happend to be on Conedodgers Aston National GTR. 30 man field and when approaching Turn1 i slammed the brakes but nothing happend, took out half the field, turned out to be the clutch paddle
#8 - STF
That was one of those moments you`ll remember a year from now.. loling. Weird accident but meh.

I too heard about it happening, you can try to experiment with "Gearshift debounce" (Options > Misc). It`s a delay you can set in between 2 shifts, to prevent accidental shifts.
http://en.lfsmanual.net/wiki/Wheels#Logitech_G25

Quote :One other problem is that the paddles are a solid bar from side to side, with a little flex, unlike 2 separate parts as on wheels like the DFP and Momo, this means that if you upshift (or downshift) in a certain way the shock will go through the paddles and you'll drop two gears in the other direction. Luckily, this only seems to happen if you "flick" the paddles, and provided you keep your hands on the wheel it shouldn't happen.

It's not the first time I've heard servers banning people because they've crashed, or caused a crash, and I can't really understand the sometimes eagerness to ban someone. To me, you don't ban somebody if he crashes, or causes a crash, unless it's obviously intentional. If it is, then yes, no problem, and go ahead with the 999 ban. But even a 12 hours ban for a simple error seems harsh. Guess it's not really a big deal, though.
The paddles themselves aren't one solid bar. They are two seperate paddles connected to a pcb with 2 pieces of metal that, when contacted hard enough (when you hear the *click*) hit a button that completes a circuit and changes the gear. Hold on I'll take some pictures.

http://i141.photobucket.com/al ... rizexagainst/DSCN0253.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/al ... rizexagainst/DSCN0254.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/al ... rizexagainst/DSCN0256.jpg
http://i141.photobucket.com/al ... rizexagainst/DSCN0257.jpg

I'd take a picture of how it hooks up when connected, but I cba to take the wheel off, as one of the wires of a button on the wheel has a very flaky connection and don't want to have it disconnect.
In the options menu, you could tinker with the gearshift debounce time. It controls the minimum time between paddle shifts. It should help with or even eliminate accidental paddle shifts. Just my 2 cents.
That's confusing.
To prevent this in the future, you can use the clutch to launch even if you don't use it while racing. This way you can ensure you're in the proper gear when the lights go green. You'll probably be a bit quicker off the line too...
Sorry, but I laughed when I read the first post. At least it was not a permanent ban. It's one of those things that's pretty embarrassing, but is funny in hindsight. I would love to see a replay .

Quote from Technique :To prevent this in the future, you can use the clutch to launch even if you don't use it while racing. This way you can ensure you're in the proper gear when the lights go green. You'll probably be a bit quicker off the line too...

+1
Use the clutch on starts. Letting it slip a little may help with grip off the line as well, I'm not really sure though. I assume that's what they do in real race cars (even F1).

Logitech G25 and banned
(15 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG