The online racing simulator
Aston Martin to be back in F1?
(23 posts, started )

Poll : Do you think Aston Martin can return to the premier motorsport category?

Closed since :
Yes
No
Don't know.
#2 - J@tko
It would be cool, but it wouldn't even be an Aston, just a badge...
Well, Bernie said there will be three new teams in 2010. If the recent rumblings are anything to go by, that would be Lola, Aston Martin ... and who else?
#4 - samjh
Quote from dawguk :well, bernie said there will be three new teams in 2010. If the recent rumblings are anything to go by, that would be lola, aston martin ... And who else?

usf1
#5 - wild
It wouldn’t be named Aston Martin; it would be named Prodrive F1. I personally think it would be great for the sport. Hopefully they’ll be able to get some more teams so we can have even better action packed races.

Maybe they’ll finally get a grand prix back in the United States also, but I highly doubt it in the current economic crisis.

Quote from samjh :usf1

USGPE Bernie wouldn't let them have the F1 in their name or something so it had to be changed to US Grand Prix Engineering.
#6 - samjh
Barmy Bernie.

USGPE then.

I wonder how Lola will come into play? I doubt they have the money to field a team of their own, so they'd probably be supplying the chassis and aero to another team. Perhaps Prodrive will adopt Lola and stick an Aston Martin engine in it.
#7 - 5haz
Last I heard, Lola and Aston were having a bit of a bust up over the LMP1 car.
#8 - wild
Quote from samjh :I wonder how Lola will come into play? I doubt they have the money to field a team of their own, so they'd probably be supplying the chassis and aero to another team. Perhaps Prodrive will adopt Lola and stick an Aston Martin engine in it.

Lola should have enough money to run a Formula One team in 2010. As F1 will have a £30 Million budget cap.

I certainly hope they do, as it would be fantastic to see Prodrive + Lola in Formula One.
Lola parts are already on almost every non-Ferrari on the grid to a greater or lesser extent . The Super Aguri was almost entirely a Lola.

As for Aston Martin, well, i'd be a fan. Prodrive have been operating the racing Astons for a number of years already, so it's not like they aren't closely related already. Whether they pick the name is purely a commercial decision, if they do, they have an instant army of fans... i'll be one of them. I may even go to see the GP again, and buy a cap, and a jacket, and a flag, and like wave it about and stuffs.

Seriously, I love deh Astons ok... nobody get in the way of me and an Aston Martin. Not even James Bond, i'd have his balls off.

I hear Danica Patrick and Scott Speed have been linked to USF1 tests, i'm not sure of accuracy though I picked it up from a forum post elsewhere *shrug*
Quote from Becky Rose :
I hear Danica Patrick and Scott Speed have been linked to USF1 tests, i'm not sure of accuracy though I picked it up from a forum post elsewhere *shrug*

Oh I wish this would happend. It'd be hilarious..
British media seems to be just going nuts with the idea, especially if that "there are a number of different routes we could go" is the only suggestion towards Aston Martin.

Badged engine - sure, Aston Martin doesn't seem to have problem claiming something they didn't make as their own...

All these new entries are purely based on the budget cap idea. New teams, great but that might mean at the same time F1 becomes two-tier class with absolutely retarted rules.

_
Quote from wild :As F1 will have a £30 Million budget cap.

Will? That's decided in WMSC meeting next Wednesday.
#14 - JJ72
umm aston martin was in f1?
Quote from dawguk :Well, Bernie said there will be three new teams in 2010. If the recent rumblings are anything to go by, that would be Lola, Aston Martin ... and who else?

Epsilon Euskady
Grandprix.com: there will be many such projects going on amongst the GP2 teams, notably ART, Campos and DAMS but also with other organisations that have long had F1 ambitions. One might keep an eye on Epsilon Euskadi, which was to have been involved with Peter Windsor's US team but has not been mentioned of late.

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns21393.html

Pitpass: According to sources, others seriously considering the new £30m formula include Dallara (possibly with ART), Nick Wirth, Racing Engineering and Colin Kolles in partnership with Franz Hilmer of Formtech GmbH, the company that bought Super Aguri.

http://www.pitpass.com/fes_php ... item.php?fes_art_id=37642

Rumours... probably
Well, I'd welcome an expanded grid.

But I don't like the idea of a budget cap being imposed on some teams and not on others. Budget caps should be universal, not discriminatory, and Mosley's dream 30M Euro budget is just unrealistc. He says his advisors think it should be more... well, he should listen to them.
Quote from ACCAkut :Epsilon Euskady

Lol. I wonder what additives they'll need to add to make this work
They could, if Prodrive enter and decide to call the team Aston Martin Prodrive or something. Depends on what the budget cap is though.
Quote from NoFear1989 :I want better Porsche back
http://www.ddavid.com/formula1/images/por3.jpg yes this is it Porsche F1 car. (but not offical)

Porsche will never be in F1; they are philosophically opposed to putting effort into racing series that don't contribute to the development of their road cars. As much as I'd love to see them destroy the competition, I respect their choice to stay out of the circus.

(23 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG