The online racing simulator
FFB flavour enhancer (experiment)
(61 posts, started )
Anyone else tried this with a MSFF wheel? Does it just turn off the FFB completely for you to?
OH MY GOD!

Brilliant!

Use 101% in Logitech Profiler, and lowest posible value in LFS

Of course set "wheel turn radius" in Profiler and LFS properly
and all values in Profiler.
I can now feel EVERYTHING, there is still small exxagerating but when using lowest possible valuew in LFS (i use 5 ! ) Results are incredible
Quote from Bob Smith :We all know tyres are divided into sections for modelling three-dimensionally. I've not read anything to suggest each section has no curve. In fact I would have thought it would have been harder to make them flat than rounded, as the surface of each arc would not be a constant radius away from the wheel centre. This is ultimately all conjecture though, as with the complex tyre deformation in LFS, only Scawen truly knows how this works.

Hmm.. good point. And I suppose it would be a simple matter of inputting a radius for the arc of the contact patch... Didn't cross my mind before.

Quote from Juls :There is jittering here for another reason. The FFB is not updated regularly, only when needed...but the filter requires 100 samples per second. So to make a quick and dirty patch I just feed the filter with the last FFB command every 100th of a second until a new command comes. There should be some smoothing there before the compression.

Because of that the filter receives aliased signal, several times the same value and then a jump to another value. The filter sees these jumps as high frequencies and amplifies them which of course is wrong.

So, it sounds like all (or most) of the small downsides can be fixed if so inclined... I'd love it if you came back to this and refined it. It's a very promising endeavor!
Quote from maggot :so, it sounds like all (or most) of the small downsides can be fixed if so inclined... I'd love it if you came back to this and refined it. It's a very promising endeavor!

+1
It feels like balancing on a tight-rope when you put the in game ffb up to 100. Feels like a car when the steering rod bearings are worn to the bone and there is alot of slop. The amplication is set to massive in this dll. Really shows the physics going on in LFS

This is a great 'test'. If you could adjust the amplifications, the increase gradients and the threasholds etc with a cgf.ini, some people may come up with some really good cfg settings.

nice work A+
I think this could be an advantage for racing, as in having a lot more ''feel'' to the driving when set-up in the right way.
Bump.

Without trying to sound rude, any progress?
Yeah, Juls, you have a awesome opportunity to be a hero!
Juls, can you make this as hook for some other library, e.g. dinput? Because I can't use your FOV hack with this and enbseries at same time.
#35 - Juls
I will do a better version, with a config file. But later when I have time. This version does not only miss a config file...the maths are wrong, and it should connect with OutSim to get the best result.

Quote from Shadowww :Juls, can you make this as hook for some other library, e.g. dinput? Because I can't use your FOV hack with this and enbseries at same time.

This is already a dinput hook. It should work together with a d3d8.dll hook.
That's a good news, keep us posted
SUPERB

every corner has a different turning resistance O-O

i was going very very very fast in the fox and all of a sudden in a fast bend the wheel got all light and SNAP OVERSTEER : D
amazing how it feels now, i also instantaniously got enough feedback to hold the slide though the next 2 corners WITH FOX : DDD
I've been playing a bit with this at 10% FFB in game. It's really fun to get some more lively FFB in LFS. It will be cool to be able to add some tweaks to this. I love how in gtr-evo the wheel shakes a bit when you lock up the wheels. My whole rig shakes and that's gotta be more realistic than a butt kicker shaking just because the wind is low freq.
I'd test that...

It's true that there is room for improvement in LFS's FFB IMHO.
Works just fine with my Thrustmaster RGT, and it is playable at 50% FFB

The feeling is simply great, I feel the car a lot better, but I find the big bumps somewhat exaggerated and the little ones more or less inexistent, and I can't really feel when I'm running on the kerbs, which would make it so much more realistic, as they're supposed to be felt...

All in all, an excellent mod, and I hope you'll keep up the good work (and the LFS guys will check it out, too, hehe...).
#41 - lvlo
Nice work, but FFB is very rough sometimes. I've have found optimal settings: 25% in game and around 50% in Logitech profiler.

Also this FFB mod reminds me this tweak for Richard Burns Rally.

Keep your good work mate
sorry for a bump, but THIS IS AWSOME
any good setup for this in G25?

regards
what do you mean? i use 30 ingame and 50 in the profiler. no spring anything, ect. and dont forget the 900 degrees
Jules I test every mod you make !
I still love your Ideas like dual screen mod for about 1 1/2 year. The idea was so good that is in Z28 now implendet.

BIG THX

I Must drive some Hour now.
Testing.
I try it out, @jules but i think its feel to hard and the forces are to sharp.
I try to handle with damper but i dont found a setting wich works for me so good like the orginal ff.
trying it out

EDIT: ok tried it, it is great, the only downsides i can find, as mentioned before it is kinda jittery when you have it constant wheel pressure in any given direction....also when i managed to roll the RAC, i jizzed a little, so that was bad

EDIT2: it feels like some tings are numbed, and a defect is when you release the wheel it bounces back and fourth more then normal

cant figure out if i wanna keep it for my racing
It can be made less bouncy/jittery with these settings.

100% overall FFB strength in logitech profiler

10% FFB In game (Maybe 15% for single seaters)

Still loving this addon. The curbs are rough, the weight shift is so much more tactile. You can feel what is happening to the car more. It's good to makes up for the lack of G-forces.
Attached images
LogitechSetup.jpg
thats what i have it....im not removing it at all no matter what....but it does have flaws and i would love for somebody to tweak it maybe to be a bit better

i suggested it to somebody with a g27 and he said it was better without....i was a little heart broken
I've tried it with the G27 too, but that was on drifting, don't reccomend it for that since the ffb is way to light when going sideways.

FFB flavour enhancer (experiment)
(61 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG