The online racing simulator
Best place to buy DFP in the UK?
I'm giving up hope of resurrecting my MS SW FFB, there's little or no information (or availability) about the new Thrustmaster Rallye GT wheel anywhere, so I guess it's time to get myself a DFP.

Can anyone suggest good places to get one from, i.e. cheap and good delivery? Obviously I've looked around a bit and can get a DFP from one of the obvious/big places on the internet but if anyone has some recommendations that prove better, then I'm all ears.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Cheers!

I was looking at ebuyer myself - but the link Dan provided is the same price but has quicker delivery and assures that it's a rev.B model (fwiw!).

Yeah, ebuyer are good, but can be a pain in the backside, I ordered all my media centre bits, only to find out today they have shipped everything bar the OS, lot of good that lot will be without the os, and they have 149 in stock, go figure.

I got mine from Darkplanets, you can even see my review on their site LOL

Dan,
Quote from nathan24_7 :Will that PS2 wheel work on pc????

No, which is why I, and about a million others use them on their PC's

Of course they do (you need the latest wingman software though)

Dan,
Quote from danowat :No, which is why I, and about a million others use them on their PC's

Of course they do (you need the latest wingman software though)

Dan,

I'm interested in getting a wheel, but i am getting confused with which one to buy. If i bought that wheel, what else would i need or will it just plug in????

Cheers ,

Nathan
Thanks for clearing all that up.
me and a friend went down PC world and gave them a print out of ebuyer and other places price lists and they price matched it for us. 60 quid each from 99. Well worth the paper and ink and 5 minutes googling. One of the DFP was faulty, so I rang up and found out my nearest store with stock, drove there, exchanged it, and all lived happy ever after. the end.
so the dfp is for playstation but does it have usb connection as well, or do u have to connect a usb socket to it, i no allot of people use it on pc and i was thinking of getting one but am not sure about the connections.
It ONLY has a USB plug on the end, it therefore works on both PS2 and PC.

Dan,
but i thought the ps2 did not use usb connections
Of course they do.

Dan,
I never use the side shifter, I have even given thought to removing it somehow, I prefer the paddles, which in standard form are a little stubby, that is why I got a Frex adaptor.

Dan,
-
the side shifter has a characteristic about it, where it tends to skip a gear going up or down, ive had this on 2 wheels, I dont think its a fault or manufacturing error just the design. it can be a pain to skip up to 5th gear from 3rd sometimes, i have been thinking or swapping the gears to the paddle but sticking with that shifter still for now.
-
#18 - DMGN
Dfp
Quote :With the DFP's paddle shifters I accidentally shift two gears quite often; the stick is way more reliable than the paddles on my wheel!

And its SOO annoying :zombie:, I had the same problem with my paddles.

I am waiting for the shop to return a fixed wheel for me. It is the second time the shop has to give me a new wheel: The first problem was spike problems with throttle pedal. Both problems appeared after less than 2 months. But still its a nice wheel, and as long as you can return the wheel when it doesn't work, then go for it. You might be lucky and get one without problems at all.

-DPRT D. Nielsen
-
(jjones) DELETED by jjones
#19 - Mc21
Sorry for this bump, but I am so ashamed, I bought my DFP for.... £99.99 at PCWorld!!
For anyone in the UK - Amazon have them for 64.99, ordered mine on saturday and it arrived today (yesterday was a bank holiday)

Very pleased dont think im going to miss my MS SW FF
logitech
hi was wondering if any 1 no's if there is any differnce between the
Logitech Driving Force GT

and the, appart from the look its self, which is better?

Logitech Driving Force Pro

Your help would be appreciated.

cheers

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG