The online racing simulator
Quote from tinky winky :whatever you say, sir.

its just that scrolling through a row of images is annoying just to find out the links go to the same preview pic and not the skins (BTW i know what privat skins means... ) especially when you're not logged in and therefor IMG tags are enabled. Maybe using the attachment thumbnails or even the thumbs provided by imagshack.us would be less annoying. someone who comes here wants to use skins not just look at them
dude....
its XR skins ALL
hmm, does ALL mean for all mods?? NO!
i means ALL private and public.

if you come to this thread then expect to get privates and publics, you'll have to sort thru the skins yourself.
Quote from Drift1r :dude....
its XR skins ALL

if you come to this thread then expect to get privates and publics, you'll have to sort thru the skins yourself.

huh?? what's your problem? I didn't mention mods nor did i say I want 'your' private skins... And sorting through it is exactly the problem for everyone, since you need to scroll forever and it just sucks.

Many quality skins lying around not used. DO YOU THINK THATS FAIR ?
then it wouldnt be car 44...lol
Quote from JazzOn :huh?? what's your problem? I didn't mention mods nor did i say I want 'your' private skins... And sorting through it is exactly the problem for everyone, since you need to scroll forever and it just sucks.

Many quality skins lying around not used. DO YOU THINK THATS FAIR ?

don't like it? bad luck, cry a river, bulid a bridge and get the f*ck over it!
Quote from Victor :RULES:
  1. ONLY Post Finished Skins
  2. If you have a screenshot, please post the skin file also (not a requirement, but would be nice).
  3. If you have the files hosted elsewhere, please DO NOT use [IMG] tags for screenshots, etc. It will make the thread load slower for 56k users.
  4. Try to keep the chatter to a minimum, new people are viewing this thread to find themselves a nice skin, they don't need to scroll through pages of text to finally find something. If you want to comment on someone's skin, that is fine, but please... everyone is exploring their own creativity and personal tastes, so be supportive.
  1. A post containing previews and screenshots of a skin does not technically contain a skin, therefor you are not posting a skin, finished or otherwise. The rules require you to post a finished skin, not screenshots of the skin in use.
  2. - not relevant to this argument.
  3. - also not relevant, but violated a lot (because, quite frankly, it's a stupid rule).
  4. As pointed out by 5tag, this rule, especially in conjunction with rule #1, suggests that actual skins are to be posted for other people to use.
That's not me arguing, that's the rules as stated in the opening post.
Quote from tinky winky :don't like it? bad luck, cry a river, bulid a bridge and get the f*ck over it!

oh come on... you fail to see the point. no one is stepping on your toes. Try to see the overall "picture" Why so many pics just to show off (no reply needed i guess i know and i dont feel like arguing over you guys Ego.)

E: *cough* http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=1350239#post1350239*cough*
god this place has a nice bunch of people, too bad if i would have liked to show a skin i spent time on and i have decided to keep to myself, how many people do show private skins and not get told off?

maybe this is a once off occasion, which i'm not surprised of.

i have the right to show a skin in a photo, whether you like it or not, it isn't going to stop me unless some sort of action is taken.

please, shut up, if you dont want to see my skins go make some yourself.

now of course this post isn't directed at everyone.
Nobody said you couldn't post a private skin, what several people said and my interpretation of the rules indicate is that you shouldn't post it here.

Instead you could post it in the Car Skins section, or perhaps the Screenshots section, depending on the nature of your imagery. For example, if you only provide screenshots from LFSViewer, let's say left, top and front view, it's probably better to post it in the Car Skins section. If it's an actual presentation, Screenshots might be the more appropriate choice.
fair enough.

all someone had to say was that and it would've been over and done with.

what i do think is a good idea is having a private skin area..
Quote from tinky winky :fair enough.

all someone had to say was that and it would've been over and done with.

what i do think is a good idea is having a private skin area..

That is a very good idea. I am now thinking about something different:

Another sub-forum to "Car Skins" that is called "Presentations".
There everybody could post screenshots, edited or not, of their skins. Now if one releases the skin file(s) he could add a link to it(them) in the finished skins thread.

An advantage would be that all the chatter could be posted in the "Presentations" thread. In contrast every post not containing skin files would be displaced into the "Presentations" thread or even strictly deleted if it was older than say four weeks.
I don't know about you, but I like to see a presentation image of the skin before I download.. So wouldn't it be more convinient to use the attachments for download, rather than some other thread? Like it is now?

And morpha, how's the rule #2 not relevant? Because it says that you are not required to post the skin file.
Quote from macsy :I don't know about you, but I like to see a presentation image of the skin before I download.. So wouldn't it be more convinient to use the attachments for download, rather than some other thread? Like it is now?

Now that I think about it again... it really is a bit complicated. Every skinner would have to post into two threads. To make it convinient to users they had to link from each other post and nobody would want to do that much trouble for one single skin.
Quote from macsy :And morpha, how's the rule #2 not relevant? Because it says that you are not required to post the skin file.

I'm sorry, you're right. I it's a typo, but strictly speaking it is relevant, even if it is a typo (which, perhaps, it is not; seeing as this same text is used in every car group's OP).
stfu and download my hotwheels skin.
my 1st skin, on lfsw
Attached images
lfs_00000100.jpg
lfs_00000101.jpg
Hey AudiBG thats an angry XF avatar GRRRRRRRRVROOOM
Quote from Drift1r :dude....
its XR skins ALL

XR skins ALL means XRG, XRT and XRR.

At least I always thought it does and that's the explanation that makes the most sense.
XRG e30 missile drift machine
Wow.
Quote from Ndrew :Some oldschool rally stuff

Those are awesome, Ndrew! Downloads fo'sho

XR Skins (All)
(7326 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG