The online racing simulator
XR Skins (All)
(7623 posts, started , go to first unread)
Quote from Vendetta :TRISTAN HAS A NEW AVATAR! 0_0

Yeah, but he was way prettier on the old one...
Quote from Vendetta :The smileys on the mirror is actually a funny idea

ocr.RudiTurbo (I think) had them way before him... Others have sponsors there, so it's nothing new...
Rewwdeeh the cool3st!!!!
^^
why are there no XRG skins?
Quote from Jakg :why are there no XRG skins?

global warming

no, Im guessing its just cause barely anyone uses the XRG

Quote from 12345678 :Private skin

by Skeeter

Sorry dude but thats a pretty bad chop
the skins good though!
Quote from Jakg :why are there no XRG skins?

Theres at least one, Starion style by me...have a look through this thread.
Quote from Niqqê [FIN] :Mun oma Skinit

Let me translate it right: My own Skins

First skin has same colors and text`s as Finnish police cars has, second skin is just big pile of poo
couple of skins ive made "private skins "
Attached images
knpe.jpg
adacompskin.jpg
i was wondering if someone here experienced in photoshop would be generous enough to help me with some skinning techniques? i'm trying to make a skin and i have ideas... but i'm not sure how to go about doing them.
gab did u try master skinners?
get bunta´s skin kits, they help a lot
Could you be a little more specific about what you'd like help with please?
i posted on master skinners and i havent gotten any replies. here's one of the things i'm trying to figure out how to do.

i have a picture of some japanese characters in light red with a dark red circle in the background background. i wanted to change the writing to light blue and the circle to dark blue... is there a tool in Photoshop that could do this, or do i have to manually?

i know i can do it by changing each color to a darker or lighter blue using the color range and fill tools... but there's gotta be a better way.
Attached images
bushido.jpg
ho yeah is a skin works that paint lol

XFG_XIII team.JPG
That's a flat image, not something with seperate elements, so photoshop isn't really gonna be able to deal with it on a "one click you're done" basis.

Sorry, you're gonna have to do it manually is the short answer.

I have some kanji fonts I could send you if you're really struggling and need to remake it from scratch [pm me] but I can't match the "bushido" font.
Quote from Gabkicks :i posted on master skinners and i havent gotten any replies. here's one of the things i'm trying to figure out how to do.

i have a picture of some japanese characters in light red with a dark red circle in the background background. i wanted to change the writing to light blue and the circle to dark blue... is there a tool in Photoshop that could do this, or do i have to manually?

i know i can do it by changing each color to a darker or lighter blue using the color range and fill tools... but there's gotta be a better way.

Actually, you just have to select the white parts, then the red parts and then choose something like colorize (don't know if that's possible, I use GIMP and it works that way... )
Trouble with a colourize filter is that it coverts everything to different shades of one colour. I appreciate you can have some control by selecting different parts of the image before you run the filter, but that graphic is small and quite low quality, meaning that it would be tough to select ALL of the pixels which need colourising. The end result would probably be a few random red pixels around the edge of the text which would be a pain in the arse to colour individually.

Honest opinion, the best option would be to recreate the decal.
I take it you've zoomed in pretty close to the car to take that shot, since the decal looks quite pixellated?

If not, and you'd like it to be a major feature of the skin design, then I would definitely suggest making it again from scratch.
Quote from Smax :I take it you've zoomed in pretty close to the car to take that shot, since the decal looks quite pixellated?

If not, and you'd like it to be a major feature of the skin design, then I would definitely suggest making it again from scratch.

Its most likely that he zoomed up very close to see the whole thing, since its a small logo. If he did have it take up most of the car, then he would use a wider veiw.

XR Skins (All)
(7623 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG