The online racing simulator
"Thanks Button" for LFS Forum
(14 posts, started )
For myself, I want to thank all the supporters and the people who share their own works such as skin, addons, etc. with us.

Unfortunately there is no chance to thank one by one. i.e after a post including beautiful public skin, I owe myself the skinner for giving thanks. In order to prevent the numerous replies, "Thanks Button" is the solution. It's just simple and efficient.

The link: http://www.medicalgeek.com/for ... wnload-thanks-button.html
The "thanks" button was on the forums for a while, but it got abused, thats why it disappeared as quickly as it appeared.
Doesn't it feel a little bit impersonal? I'd rather receive a true and written thanks than having the forum thank me on the behalf of others.
Quote from MataGyula :The "thanks" button was on the forums for a while, but it got abused, thats why it disappeared as quickly as it appeared.

I didn't know, but I can't imagine how it was abused?

Quote from boosterfire :Doesn't it feel a little bit impersonal? I'd rather receive a true and written thanks than having the forum thank me on the behalf of others.

Definitely you are right. But personally, I should thank almost 3000 times at least.
#5 - Bean0
Gah, horrid mod for vB.
Adds far too much crap around the posts and ruins readability.
Quote from ADX.14 :I didn't know, but I can't imagine how it was abused?

If i remember rightly, some people were clicking the thanks button on every single post they came across, so under someones name, it would say "thanked 65 times in 10 posts" or something of that nature. In the end, it got out of control so it was quickly removed. As said, it also looked silly, and abit out of place to be honest.
Quote from Bean0 :Gah, horrid mod for vB.
Adds far too much crap around the posts and ruins readability.

OK, I see now..
I like the basic idea of the feature but as always some geniuses have to abuse it.
#9 - arco
Yeah, the idea is good and works well on small and closed forums, but like what happened here, not so good on big forums.
Maybe a simple star rating per post based on "I agree" or " I don't agree" button would provide a quick unobtrusive solution, and might slow the torrent of "yep" and "+1" posts.

SD.
I agree. The start system would be that it would stand +5 on right or left of the post, meaning it had recived 5 stars. You canot see who gave you those.
Could be one way doing it.
Jenson is going very well this year, but I don't think a thanks from us will mean to much to him.

And would we have to have a "Thanks Hamilton" button or a "Thanks Vettel" button (etc) too?
Quote from SparkyDave :Maybe a simple star rating per post based on "I agree" or " I don't agree" button would provide a quick unobtrusive solution, and might slow the torrent of "yep" and "+1" posts.

SD.

Seems like a better idea, but i can still only see this being abused. There is a thread rating button though, but this is hardly used anyway.
Quote from Nathan_French_14 :If i remember rightly, some people were clicking the thanks button on every single post they came across, so under someones name, it would say "thanked 65 times in 10 posts" or something of that nature. In the end, it got out of control so it was quickly removed. As said, it also looked silly, and abit out of place to be honest.

Yeah. I personally don't think it's needed, it's just another thing to go around and people will be like "STFU I HAVE MOAR THANX THAN U!"

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG