The online racing simulator
#1 - axus
LFSTweak Competition for the racers: Fastest Blackwood time
The title pretty much says it all. The point is to get a tweaked car around Blackwood GP [standard] as fast as possible. Here are the rules

1. The car must be based on a real life car and relatively close to its real-world counterpart's specifictations.
2. Tyre sizes, mass and engine capacity must be identical to the real life car
3. The peak power and peak torque must be within 5hp and 5Nm respectively of the real car.
4. These must be achieved within (up or down) 200rpm of the real car's peak power and peak torque rpm.

There 3 seperate classes:

Saloon (Road_Normal Tyres)
Toruing (Road_Super Tyres)
GT (Slicks of any kind)

Post your preset and spr replay (HLVC Valid) as well as the real car's specifications with a link to verify them.

You may enter more than once for each class and you may enter in more than one class.

The competition closes 1 April 2006. Good luck and may the best man win!
-
(Taavi(EST)) DELETED by Taavi(EST) : wrong stuff added
Gonna be really tricky without downforce! Somehow I dont think a crazy 1000 hp car is going to win this one.

Brendan
#3 - axus
Quote from Lord_Verminaard :Gonna be really tricky without downforce! Somehow I dont think a crazy 1000 hp car is going to win this one.

Brendan

That's the point I just got my Ultima GTR tweak (setup is still in development which is why it wasn't released) 'round in 1:17.16 on road tyres... I'm sure I can get another 3s out of it though.
Cool competition! But I think number 4 is difficult to get close to real:
(4. These must be achieved within (up or down) 200rpm of the real car's peak power and peak torque rpm.)

Some tricks?

BTW: Absolute all should be close to real life, as you wroted. Why not the gear ratio?

Flying start?
#5 - axus
Gearing is one of those things that take skill to adjust to the track - this competition is about skill.

About the peak rpm - adjust the power curve value until you get the peak power rpm value close enough then adjust the general power and fix up the peak power rpm again with the power curve value. Then change the powerband width to get the peak torque rpm as close as possible and you should be pretty close to the real world specs of the car.
(Updating this post)

Touring Class

1.)Noble M12 GTO 310hp, 434nm, 980kg: 1.23.84
More specs: http://www.supercarsite.net/m12_gto.htm

noble m12 gto 1^c23.84.spr
Noble_m12_gto.rar

2.) Corvette C6 Z06 512hk, 638nm, 1420kg: 1.22.91

corvette z06 c6 1.22.91.spr
corvette_c6_z06.rar

3.) Koenigsegg CCR 806hk, 920nm, 1180kg: 1.19.47

koenigsegg ccr 1.19.47.spr
Koenigsegg_CCR.rar

GT Class

2.) GT (Slicks) Koenigsegg CCR 806hk, 920nm, 1180kg 1.15.05

Koenigsegg_CCR.rar
koenigsegg ccr 1.15.05.spr
Attached files
Noble_m12_gto.rar - 208 B - 214 views
corvette_c6_z06.rar - 209 B - 268 views
noble m12 gto 1^c23.84.spr - 33 KB - 325 views
corvette z06 c6 1.22.91.spr - 39.3 KB - 322 views
Koenigsegg_CCR.rar - 205 B - 278 views
koenigsegg ccr 1.19.47.spr - 24.5 KB - 324 views
koenigsegg ccr 1.15.05.spr - 23 KB - 300 views
Pretty cool, il be posting mines soon, but, other than the this new record main thing, would be cool if you could make classes like, 200 series whit 200hp lmited power and minimum of 850kg car etc..

edit: mines are ASL Garaiya, and a jgtc Supra... only for now
Quote from Supraguy :My first try. (Updating this post) How do i upload files?

See my picture below.
Attached images
Upload.JPG
Quote from Supraguy :(Updating this post)

1.)Touring (Super Tyres) Noble M12 GTO 310hp, 434nm, 980kg: 1.23.84
More specs: http://www.supercarsite.net/m12_gto.htm

noble m12 gto 1^c23.84.spr
Noble_m12_gto.rar

2.) Touring (Super Tyres) Corvette C6 Z06 512hk, 638nm, 1420kg: 1.23.51

[ATTACH]6814[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]6813[/ATTACH]

The Z06 is wonderful to drive! But I can only test drive it when watching the replay... Can you post the setup please? I'd like to drive it on all tracks...
Quote from severin_schoepke :The Z06 is wonderful to drive! But I can only test drive it when watching the replay... Can you post the setup please? I'd like to drive it on all tracks...

Thanks. The setting can of course be better, but this is more real.
XR GT TURBO_corvette c6 Z06.set

Edit: axus, verminaard, slidaa..... post your times!
Attached files
XR GT TURBO_corvette c6 Z06.set - 132 B - 360 views
Ferrari FXX 1:19.91 The torque isnt quite right its a lot less than it should be and im not sure if the lap was HLVC compliant. Will upload results later when i do it porperly.
Here we go! 1:14:72. The car? Dhalback racing's RS1 VW Golf. AWD, 900 hp. I have not really done a lot of hotlapping with it as it took me forever to set the car up, but I think it's pretty good now.

Brendan
Attached files
XF GTI_T-900hpgolf.set - 132 B - 389 views
XFGRS1Dahlback.twk.txt - 167 B - 308 views
#13 - axus
Quote from Lord_Verminaard :Here we go! 1:14:72. The car? Dhalback racing's RS1 VW Golf. AWD, 900 hp. I have not really done a lot of hotlapping with it as it took me forever to set the car up, but I think it's pretty good now.

Brendan

Very nice! Can you give the class and a link to the full specs please? Nice time though.
Quote from Supraguy :Thanks. The setting can of course be better, but this is more real.
XR GT TURBO_corvette c6 Z06.set

Edit: axus, verminaard, slidaa..... post your times!

Thanks, gonna try it...
Oops, yea, it's GT class with slicks. Here's a link, under the "projects" section on the left. http://www.audituning.com/english/main.asp

I've actually got it around 1:12: a few times in practice but didnt have a replay.

Brendan
Quote from Supraguy :

2.) Touring (Super Tyres) Corvette C6 Z06 512hk, 638nm, 1420kg: 1.23.51

[ATTACH]6814[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH]6813[/ATTACH]

I played a bit with the Z06 and actually beat your time ;-) 1:23:30
Attached files
severin_schoepke_BL1_Z06_12330.spr - 253.8 KB - 272 views
Quote from severin_schoepke :I played a bit with the Z06 and actually beat your time ;-) 1:23:30

Nice. But not good enough Check my new time in my first post.
#18 - axus
Guys, I'm still trying to hook up a good lap in the GT class with my Ultima GTR 640 but my best so far is 1:17... so you better find something a tad quicker...
Since Verminaard tried dalback golf, I tried the Dahlback Polo (rwd). Clocked 1.16
Quote from Lord_Verminaard :Oops, yea, it's GT class with slicks. Here's a link, under the "projects" section on the left. http://www.audituning.com/english/main.asp

I've actually got it around 1:12: a few times in practice but didnt have a replay.

Brendan

there is no mention of torque and the horsepower only says between 600 and 900 and it gives no rpm values so it doesnt comply with rules 3 and 4...
How many laps of blackwood at 10/10ths would that thing survive, anyway?
Quote from sil3ntwar :there is no mention of torque and the horsepower only says between 600 and 900 and it gives no rpm values so it doesnt comply with rules 3 and 4...

Actually there is, under dyno tests. Also the "media" section has video and dyno testing with real numbers.

Brendan
1.15.14 with koeniggsegg ccr slicks. Possible to make low 1.14.
*Updating first post*
Did a 1.16.0x with Gumpert Apollo on Slicks. But it's possible to get much faster. Have to work on the set...

Greets,
Warper

PS: 1.12.99 HLVC - with Exvitermini Skyline GT-R 700 on slicks...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG