The online racing simulator
About a PNY Verto GeForce 9600GT
(17 posts, started )
I was Wondering if it would be a good choice to upgrade to this.
i currently have a HP A6300F With an Intel E2180 running 2ghz per core.
it has a 500gb HD and i dont know if my mother board it compatible with this card. here the link: http://shop2.frys.com/product/5504510#detailed
i am buying cash at the store and do not wish online offers, i simply want to know if this will work. i currently have a nvidia 7100... integrated.
what games could i run if i did this?
i AM an NVIDIA FanBoy
And i have Pictures from the inside of my pc. i think the 2nd one is the graphics card insert thing...
Attached images
P1060632.JPG
P1060637cvcv.jpg
yes that will work the second pic is a pci express slot and it will come with the 4 pin molex to 6 pin molex if the card requires it. wut size power supply do you have? but yes it will work just hopefully your psu is at least 300w or over.
heres a pic, i really cant read and all know is that it was made in china? ...
Attached images
P1060642.JPG
250 watt is pushing it a bit. It's anyones guess wether it would work or not 14a on the 12v line is pretty decent though, so might as well worth a shot and if it doesn't work return it since you're buying it in person.
so you mean too much or too little?
Probably not enough. No such thing as too much
soo what happens if i just just dont have enough?
you could possibly burn things up and you dont want to do that or it just wouldnt run right and it would be unstable. i would say get a new one. this one is a decent name psu and more than what your need and should last awhile for ya including more upgrades and so on.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ ... aspx?Item=N82E16817709010
Quote from chavm481 :soo what happens if i just just dont have enough?

In my experience the system will reboot on you, sometimes randomly, other times it's obvious, like when trying to run a game or 3D app. IMO an 8600GT would be fine, they use very little power and run off the PCI-E slot, no power adapters. Although, I'd grab a cheap PSU, the post above perhaps ^^^^ and throw it in, I doubt you'll even draw 200 watts total with that system, with an 8600 installed.
sooo, can anyone help me find one on amazon for under $100? that will work
Quote from chavm481 :sooo, can anyone help me find one on amazon for under $100? that will work

I suggest you wait about a week or two, when the 4770 comes out. Uses about 80 watts and performs almost as well as the 4850, for ~$100. Well worth the money
I own a PNY Verto 9600gt and I honestly recommend to not buy one. The cooling fan on the card is a cheap sleeve bearing fan and mine has worn out after about 6 months of use. I've ordered a new on and its on the way, but thats another $30 you may have to shell out. Also the gfx card bios permanently undervolts this card which means, it runs very cool (which is good) but is impossible to overclock without reflashing your bios.
go on www.canyourunit.com and you can select allot of games to test ( game specs against yours). Thats what i do, just so you know to use the site plugin you have to let your computer download the activeX plugin from the site.
yeah and i want a better g-card, so how do i know what im doing, for ex. on amazon...
Quote from l1k3z0mg :go on www.canyourunit.com and you can select allot of games to test ( game specs against yours). Thats what i do, just so you know to use the site plugin you have to let your computer download the activeX plugin from the site.

It is quite outdated though.
Quote from shaun463 :It is quite outdated though.

They put on some new games. One's people like the most.
yup. i tried it and my g-card was low...

(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG