The online racing simulator
Anything worth playing out there?
(14 posts, started )
I remember in 2004 I tried a version of GPL updated to run in windows xp. It was 6 years old then, looking old, it reminded me the cartoon made with pieces of paper. Next year, LFS S2 will be 6 years too, and I don't want to be like those snobbery GPLers in 2004

Is out there anything new worth playing? Something with multiplayer and online community, reasonable physics and with little additional downloads.
no

LFS is all you need
#3 - BAMBO
Well you could try iRacing and netKar PRO. If I where you, I would definetely buy netKar PRO, quite cheap and lots of fun, you might find iRacing a bit too expensive.
Must it be pc ?? Forza is a laugh online...
If u own a PS2 try to find Enthusia proffecional racing its realy realistic its blast .

I even dare to call it LFS light
Quote from Chrisuu01 :If u own a PS2 try to find Enthusia proffecional racing its realy realistic its blast .

Finally, I'm not the only person to think it's realistic. It's a very good game.

+1
Quote from Chrisuu01 :If u own a PS2 try to find Enthusia proffecional racing its realy realistic its blast .

That game was realistic IMO, although tracks were a bit crappy.
Not bad for PS2 though
I started playing Enthusia again just today. Still amazed how good it actually is... and having lots of fun, even if the graphics are old by now.

It's not online however.
NFS5
It's quite good, even with a wheel. Has a lot of cars, and some good tracks. Two main SP modes (Factory Driver and Evolution), and ofcourse a quick race mode. Got it yesterday after 9 years and gave me a nice surprise.
Quote from Racer556 :NFS5
It's quite good, even with a wheel. Has a lot of cars, and some good tracks. Two main SP modes (Factory Driver and Evolution), and ofcourse a quick race mode. Got it yesterday after 9 years and gave me a nice surprise.

IIRC, I played it in 2002 on AMD K6 266 Mhz I guess that pc wouldn't handle LFS 0.1
I've tried Enthusia with a wheel for the first time now. The Force Feedback could be a little stronger (using a G25), but it's good. The clutch pedal doesn't work, and i guess the H-shifter only works in sequential mode (haven't tried anything else).

However, it's really good! I'm seriously impressed. The physics and driving feeling are actually good enough to let me forget about the outdated graphics (for a PS2, they are still good).

I won't go into detail (since this isn't an enthusia thread anyway ), but the physics feel very "honest". The "LFS Light" comment fits pretty well.

Graphics aside, this still beats all the modern stuff like Forza 2, GT5P, etc. It's just my personal opinion, but after playing it with a wheel, i think enthusia is easily the best "console sim" out there.
kaido racer 2... if you can look past the bad translation and more so into a difficult learning curve you'll have a blast... used its 5 quid... you'll play it over and over... a replacement for lfs if scawen gets fed up
Quote from jibber :I've tried Enthusia with a wheel for the first time now. The Force Feedback could be a little stronger (using a G25), but it's good. The clutch pedal doesn't work, and i guess the H-shifter only works in sequential mode (haven't tried anything else).

However, it's really good! I'm seriously impressed. The physics and driving feeling are actually good enough to let me forget about the outdated graphics (for a PS2, they are still good).

I won't go into detail (since this isn't an enthusia thread anyway ), but the physics feel very "honest". The "LFS Light" comment fits pretty well.

Graphics aside, this still beats all the modern stuff like Forza 2, GT5P, etc. It's just my personal opinion, but after playing it with a wheel, i think enthusia is easily the best "console sim" out there.

Clutch doesnt work with g25 on ANY ps2 game (descritpiton)

Anyway...seems like i gotta try epr...
If the graphics get an update and slight [hyscis update for clutch pedal and h shifters and such..
They should release Enthusia 2 on ps3

(14 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG