The online racing simulator
Got time to fill out a survey?
(30 posts, started )
RCpilot, are they covering the concept of "response bias" in your sociology course? Sorry to be rude, but given this data collection method, you would almost be better off making your data up. Let's say that only democrats who hate ID and republicans who love ID respond. Suppose that there are many ID-loving democrats out there, and ID-hating republicans, but they feel too conflicted to respond to surveys. You see the problem: you will detect a correlation in your data between political affiliation and attitude to ID, without any such correlation necessarily existing in the real world.

And Mazz4200, your post made me want to start smoking.
Nah, they haven't covered it but I'm fully aware that this method of data collection isn't the best. I have varied my sources of responses a little bit, but considering each person only need 30 responses total, the accuracy of anyone's data for their paper is subpar at best. This basically comes back to the fact that the class is a GEC. Not sure if the term is the same for you guys, but a GEC is a general education course, aka you have to take a few of them to become a more well-rounded student, but they don't apply specifically to your major and aren't as serious/difficult as a necessary course.

/Edit - One more potentially serious problem with blanketing my normal forums is the fact that I had a total of 3 females respond to the survey, and one of those was one of my flatmates
1. What is your gender?
Male

2. What is your age (in years)?

3. What if any is your political affiliation?
Democrat (no idea but this sounds good lol)

4. What, if any, is your religious affiliation?
Catholic

5. On a scale of 1 to 10, how religious do you think you are?

6. What is your level of education?
Other, please specify - German Abitur

7. Do you believe the theory of intelligent design correct?
intelligence and design has nothing to do with each other, because design is "speaking" emotions.
[EDIT]wikipedia told me that intelligent design is rather some sort of matrix crap.. like "agent smith designed the world"... lol

8. Do you believe Darwin’s theory of evolution and natural selection correct?
Yes, of course

9. Should both intelligent design and evolution should be taught in schools?
No... we need esports and game design courses

10. Do you think that only intelligent design should be taught in schools?
No

11. Do you think that only evolution should be taught in schools?
Yes

10. Intelligent Design is creationism presented as science.
Agree.. somehow
Maybe it's a bit too nonsense to be called science.

11. Evolution is flawed, and cannot be used to explain the varied life forms on our planet.
Disagree (it's incomplete or some parts might not be correct, but we're on the right path)

12. Evolution only explains what happened after intelligent design took place, and as such the two can be taught together.
Disagree

13. What is your opinion on the scientific basis of intelligent design?
There are no aliens, etc

14. What is your opinion on the scientific basis of evolution?
works reasonably good so far...
1. What is your gender?
Male

2. What is your age (in years)?

3. What if any is your political affiliation?
n/a

4. What, if any, is your religious affiliation?
No religious affiliation

5. On a scale of 1 to 10, how religious do you think you are?

6. What is your level of education?
Other - UK A levels.

7. Do you believe the theory of intelligent design correct?
No

8. Do you believe Darwin’s theory of evolution and natural selection correct?
Yes

9. Should both intelligent design and evolution should be taught in schools?
Yes

10. Do you think that only intelligent design should be taught in schools?
No

11. Do you think that only evolution should be taught in schools?
No

10. Intelligent Design is creationism presented as science.
Strongly Disagree

11. Evolution is flawed, and cannot be used to explain the varied life forms on our planet.
Strongly Disagree

12. Evolution only explains what happened after intelligent design took place, and as such the two can be taught together.
Disagree

13. What is your opinion on the scientific basis of intelligent design?
I personally don't see any validity in the concept, only suggestions and so forth. That said, like Bruce Almighty, we could just be missing it

14. What is your opinion on the scientific basis of evolution?
Based on the current evidence, and lack of a mass being to convince me, it's the best explanation we have so far.
Sure, I got time to fill out a survey... so I have
Political affiliation: None.
Religious affiliation: None.
1-10 religiousness: 1
Education: Other (currently in full time education)
Is ID correct: No.
Is Evolution and natural selection correct: Yes.
Both ID and Evolution taught in skls: No
Only ID in schools: No.
Only Evolution in schools: Yes
ID is creationism presented as science: Strongly agree
Evolution is flawed,and cannot be used to explain the varied life forms on our planet: Strongly disagree
Evolution only explains what happened after intelligent design took place, and as such the two can be taught together: Strongly disagree
What is your opinion on the scientific basis of intelligent design: If you believe ID, you believe that the moon is made of cheese.
What is your opinion on the scientific basis of evolution: Evolution is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

If this is any use to you.

Got time to fill out a survey?
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG