The online racing simulator
Gah, says I used up all my unlocks!
Well, long story short I have been trying to find a suitable computer in this house for LFS. I used up all my unlocks last month trying to get a computer to work, so I decided to wait until this month when I would get my monthly unlock, and use it on a computer I was sure could run the game smoothly.

I set up a friends gaming laptop, got my wheel calibrated, the whole nine. Then I loaded up LFS, unlocked the game, and got the "Welcome to LFS" message, etc...

Upon loading the game I fiddled with some controller settings then restarted the game because I had to plug my wheel into another USB port. The game quits, I plug the wheel back in, and I load LFS. I looked under my name and it says I was a demo racer again, so I tryed unlocking again, but it says that all my unlocks for this month have been usedl.

Any idea why it was unlocked, and then locked again? Is there any way I can unlock S2 on my laptop this month, or am I going to have to bite the bullet and wait another month.

Thanks for the help
You could be given extra unlocks for situations like these. Victor should see this thread and help you out soon enough.

As for finding a computer that runs LFS... well you should try the game in Demo mode first before you go and use an unlock. You can always test out the game before you unlock it.

If you still cannot run the game, you should post your system's specifications, and we could probably tell you why the game might not be running so well. If you have very old PCs, then that could be a problem, but there is no way for us to know unless you tell us what you have. Maybe then we could help you get the game running smoothly... and hopefully you won't have to buy any expensive equipment .
Quote from Tweaker :You could be given extra unlocks for situations like these. Victor should see this thread and help you out soon enough.

As for finding a computer that runs LFS... well you should try the game in Demo mode first before you go and use an unlock. You can always test out the game before you unlock it.

If you still cannot run the game, you should post your system's specifications, and we could probably tell you why the game might not be running so well. If you have very old PCs, then that could be a problem, but there is no way for us to know unless you tell us what you have. Maybe then we could help you get the game running smoothly... and hopefully you won't have to buy any expensive equipment .

1.29ghz Intel Celeron
512mb SDRAM
Geforce 4 MX 440 (PCI, motherboard doesn't support AGP so i cant get a better card, 64mb too .)

Ya, it would've been a better idea to demo first, then unlock.

I can run the game on my computer, but it doesn't run fast enough for any type of competitive racing online. The computer chugs along when running with other cars in a pack.

Still,I bought the game because I was hooked. I can play fine on my brothers computer, but he's a bit of a selfish dolt and makes me jump through hoops in order to use his computer. illepall

I'm saving, and hope to upgrade soon. Infact I just pulled a PC out of the garage that used to be my Dad's. 2.4ghz P4, big harddrive, etc. But I lack the knowledge to troubleshoot what is wrong with it. Hell, even if I knew I wouldn't know how to go about combining those two machines, to make one adequate machine. I'll probably consult some friends.

Even once i'm able to get the game unlocked on this laptop, it's only a temporary solution as i'm sure my friend will want his computer back pretty soon.
There are better cards than that in PCI config. Go to newegg.com and search for one. I know I can get a FX5500OC locally here for PCI. I picked up an ATI 9250 256 mb PCI card for the old computer.

What does the P4 computer do? Perhaps we could talk you through it. I know I had a PC that was hit by a power surge and it is usually the soundcard and modem that gets hit first. I replaced both and it booted fine. But I did eventually have more problems down the road. I used it for around 6 months.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG