The online racing simulator
The: for those that followed the getting into karting thread follow up thread!!!
u be taking the turn to slow!! floor it!! Enough grips
yesss, i know, buuuut, it was my first time, i did okay...
Quote from Scrabby :u be taking the turn to slow!! floor it!! Enough grips

Agreed. I thought kartors had 7 balls? I am not fearing your non-extensive ball collections
Actually we have 8 but most people don't want to confirm that. I keep mine always in a hidden space in my helmet just incase...
Few tips for your starting karting(career).
Rule number 1:
Don't be nice, bump etc.. people must be afraid of you and not the other way else you won't make it
Rule number 2:
Always as much as possible, keep your head down so u won't catch much wind
Rule number 3:
There is no rule number 3
Rule number 4:
Have Fun! It's really fun to drive fast 2-stroke karts
#6 - 5haz
I would imagine having 7 balls must be a disadvantage for a Kartor, having to sit on all them, what with having no suspension and all that.

I wish one many good luck with one's karting exploits.
Quote from Scrabby :Rule number 1:
Don't be nice, bump etc.. people must be afraid of you and not the other way else you won't make it

Ah, so that's why so many "professional" karters are such pricks in LFS Many a time have I asked someone on a server "you don't happen to be a karter, by any chance?" and received a positive reply, after just observing their behaviour on track for one or two laps. It's quite funny, really, how you can just pick them out
Quote from Scrabby :Actually we have 8 but most people don't want to confirm that. I keep mine always in a hidden space in my helmet just incase...
Few tips for your starting karting(career).
Rule number 1:

Rule number 2:
Always as much as possible, keep your head down so u won't catch much wind
Rule number 3:
There is no rule number 3
Rule number 4:
Have Fun! It's really fun to drive fast 2-stroke karts

IMO ppl only bump and try to be ''scary'' is to get others to move aside when you come and let you pass. dunno about u, but 4 me it works
that's what I posted yes LOLZ
That's why indoor when i double people they always move nicely.....or crash into me lol
I don't bump and I'm a double champion
Quote from Becky Rose :I don't bump and I'm a double champion

Who's there to bump if you're in front of everyone?

Anyway, I can't see shite from that video. Mount the handycam to your helmet next time
I really hate the whole bumping thing...

I do a championship thing where you race with rental karts, and they supply you with the kart, and last round, if the karts had not had the rental kart stylee bumpers on them, there would have been pieces of kart littering the track...

And what really annoys me, is that there are several people there that are almost dependent on bumping in order to get ahead. The amount of bumping almost makes me want to give up, because a lot of the time, the winners are those that are best at sneakily bashing people out the way, behind the marshal's backs

EDIT: O Hai Timo !
Ohw god..
Not a TKM engine.
Listen. When you pump too much fuel into those engines they will internally crash and you wont be able to repair them.
I would have bought a kart with a Rotax Max engine.
But ok.. Who am I to judge that?
#14 - AMB
Quote from Vinnylegends :Ohw god..
Not a TKM engine.
Listen. When you pump too much fuel into those engines they will internally crash and you wont be able to repair them.
I would have bought a kart with a Rotax Max engine.
But ok.. Who am I to judge that?

what? Internally crash? if you put too much fuel in then you might oil a plug but thats about it. and if they do fail (very very rare) at least I can fix it myself instead of paying a PREMIUM to some sealing agent for Rotax

He coulda bought a Rotax MAX engine but that would have doubled his cost and meant he had less fun because Rotax's are ... less fun!

I have had every type of engine frmo Aixros to 100s to TKMs to MAX FR125s and the MAX FR125 is by far the worst engine I have ever owned. It's ugly, it's slow, and it's dull and boring.

Oscar made the right choice
Quote from Becky Rose :I don't bump and I'm a double champion

Have you ever been karting at Teesside? I was there once and there were two people on mega fast karts, one with hair resembling what I remember is yours. Bit of a random chance, though!
Nice

3-4 years ago, we went to kart track with family. I had 30c kart i think. I drove 10 laps and then i felt very damn bad - almost made me puke. It all was about the annoyng vibration
Definitely the right choice!

Good luck man
Quote from mcintyrej :Have you ever been karting at Teesside? I was there once and there were two people on mega fast karts, one with hair resembling what I remember is yours. Bit of a random chance, though!

Only at the LFS kart meet where I had the same rental kart as everyone else. Other than that no, and i'm not actively racing these days. Anyway, my hair changes colour periodically.
well, with the "fuel in the engine" business, from what a guy thats been karting for 30 years told me, that problem occurs in transport, so my karts fuel injector/ pump or whatever it is. can be unhooked from he engine and just put on and extra nut on the steering wheel. Also, tkms, from what i saw, where less stable than the rotax's, and IMO, unstable and slidy= huge fun. also. whats with make them scared by ramming them repeatedly to win, now, i may be no expert, but, i think that ramming is a waste, and that you can prove your skills much better by being plain quicker under braking and in the corners etc...
and finally, if someone was ramming me just to get me scared of them, all i would end up doing is thinking... "wow, that guys a massive prick, maybe he will crash, that'll give me a laugh"

thanks for all of the usefull feedback.

oscar.
Quote from oscarhardwick :IMO, unstable and slidy= huge fun......if someone was ramming me just to get me scared of them, all i would end up doing is thinking... "wow, that guys a massive prick, maybe he will crash, that'll give me a laugh"

I retract my earlier statement
#22 - AMB
Well sometimes being bumped is not to scare you but useful for cadet karts (younger drivers) to catch up with someone in front and they work together, but yes mostly in the bigger karts in serious competitions you get pushed around a bit but that's expected especially if you come from club level karting to a much higher level.
At rolling starts karts will bump each other on the rolling lap for a couple of reasons.

1. Intimidation - It does work. Especially if your a quick driver it means the driver is thinking about you rather than the driver in front. Oscar the fact you would be thinking about that driver being a 'prick' would mean he/she has won

2. There isn't much room - on the rolling lap the karts are bunched up so naturally people will touch each other.

3. Oiling up - A kart drivers worse nightmare is coming to the start lin and the engine just dieing. a Kart engine (especially proper ones lik3 a TKM or 100cc) HATES going round at low revs. The engine fills with fuel and when the green light goes at the start you put your foot down and nowt happens. What some drivers will do is pinch the fuel pipe ont he rolling lap to starve the engine of fuel and then release it so the engine gets going and then starve it again. This means when they come to the line the engine is a tad drier and you can get a good start. Its tricky to do though. So at the start people don't want to oil up so bumping MAY happen.

Now back in the day when karts weren't dressed like fisherprice cars we didn't go NEAR anothe kart becaue you can end up on your head VERY easily... the good ol' days
aaaa the smell of a 2 stroke , yummy
goes to get mine prepared for tomorrow
Guys guys.
Listen up:

''internally crash'' yes i wasnt able to find the word for it.
What I meant was. The piston will jam. Things like. Pumping too much fuel in. Wrong fuel mixture. Etc. Etc.
And those old engines when they jam you can just trow it away because they are almost always unrepairable and a new engine would be much better.
Trust me. I've seen many engines destroyed and had to fix alot of them myself too.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG