The online racing simulator
photo's [screenshot question - solved]
How does one capture a frame on lfs which i can use as a desktop screen?
Press "Print Screen", also known as "Prt Scr" on your keyboard when you have something you want to capture. Go into Paint, Photoshop, The Gimp, etc. and paste. Then save and use in the usual way. Voila.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
Or use Fraps or any of the other gazillion of screenshot tools.

E: beaten like a screenshotted noob *g*

VVV haha VVV
#4 - Bean0
Either...

Pause the replay, remove HUD, and press CTRL and PrtSc to copy the screenie to the clipboard, then open Paint and choose Paste. If it saks to increase the image size sya yes.

Or

Download Fraps, you can map a button to take a screenie, and another to start/stop recording video. It runs in the background so you don't have to exit LFS between each pic as you would with the first method.
thanks
nice one
i tryed but cant seem to do it
This has been asked before, but...

In the other thread, Fraps was suggested, but I was told that the quality isn't very good. I use a program I learned of from flight simming called FSScreen. Just google for it. It doesn't do jpegs, bitmaps only, but you can convert them to jpegs with much better quality yourself than a screenshot program will save jpegs as.

Very small and simple program. You just hit print screen button like you normally would to paste, but it automatically saves the .bmp on the harddrive.
Which method did you try jjones? If you have multiple RDP windows open, this can cause the clipboard to break on occasion - closing them may help (RDP = Remote Desktop, both the MMC snap in and the one available from the communications submenu on start).
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
fraps
tryed fraps good tool,thanks for advise.
Quote from mrodgers :This has been asked before, but...

In the other thread, Fraps was suggested, but I was told that the quality isn't very good.

Fraps screenshot quality is only bad when capturing to .jpg, when you use .png and .bmp it's fine.
Quote from thisnameistaken :Not wanting to piss on your chips, but Fraps will save to jpeg, png or bmp.

i dont fancy eating chips after you have pissed on them. lol
Quote from thisnameistaken :Not wanting to piss on your chips, but Fraps will save to jpeg, png or bmp.

Aaarrrggg, is that what that taste was? I remember now seeing you could save bmp's with Fraps. The jpeg thought came from when I asked in the other thread about the quality of Fraps jpegs. I'd love a good program for screenies that saved top quality jpegs, but I don't think you can get close to the quality of converting bmps in Photoshop, Paintshop Pro, or equivelant yourself.
is it possible to make the game dump .bmp files into a folder using print screen key?

i played a game that let you do that. you just go to the folder and there are a tonne of .bmp files there for you to look at, or do a slideshow or something.

i dont know how the game used to dump the files into a folder though. (didnt need to paste into a paint program).
may i also suggest GameCam, its a handy little tool.. ive bought the lite version for a £5er but i believe there is a trial version which has some limited features like capturing sound on movies but i still believe it takes images a nd dumps them into a folder for u to later view ..

mad

Link
Quote from richy :is it possible to make the game dump .bmp files into a folder using print screen key?

i played a game that let you do that. you just go to the folder and there are a tonne of .bmp files there for you to look at, or do a slideshow or something.

i dont know how the game used to dump the files into a folder though. (didnt need to paste into a paint program).

If Scawen takes the time to program that, no problem. Until then you have to use a tool like Fraps, which has a screenshot function that dumps each screenshot in its install folder.
I use this, does everything, multi shots, resizing and compression on the fly, bmp and jpg, originally design for FS2004, but works well in everything else, nice small compact program with no install needed.

Dan,
Attached files
screenshooter_2.zip - 680.3 KB - 150 views

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG